Odd-6

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Their just following Toyota's path of no discounts. 4Runners have crazy high resale value because you cannot get it 15k off MSRP.

Maybe these will just hold their resale value and you get it all back in the end if/when you sell.

Thinking of the bright side here.
Sponsored

calgecko

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Chevy ZR2 Bison V6
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Wonderfully written!

I tried to do similar but gave up rather quickly. Here's a sample of what I came up with:

Dear Ford,
Who the F'in F do you think you are?

It kinda went downhill after that ?
LOL ... thanks .. .this went through a few revisions... my intent is for them to take it seriously and understand why this is so impactful. As mentioned previously, it is only partially about the financial aspect of it. I feel like we (the early adopters, the ones who made reservations) are the 'Ambassadors' for this new vehicle... and I feel like Ford just gave us all a big middle finger.

Feel free to copy/paste the body of text and use as you like to share on Twitter, IG, Facebook, email etc:

I know a number of members of your marketing, PR, research and numerous other teams have been monitoring the online activities of the Bronco enthusiast groups on Facebook, Instagram, Forums, etc. I know you’re not ignorant to the excitement the Bronco has generated. You’re probably also aware of the community’s frustration with the lack of communications from dealers and from Ford directly. On top of the lack of communication, we have been left to speculate on pricing, availability, options, etc - especially since the Build and Price page continues to be delayed. I’m going to try to speak for myself as much as possible, but I’d wager that a number of other Bronco enthusiasts are feeling similarly here.

When the Bronco launch was announced back in July - I wasn’t thinking about buying a new car, but this vehicle just knocked me off my feet, and I got my reservation in on July 20. Since then, I’ve been obsessing. Checking the forums numerous times a day for any updates - sightings, rumors, pictures, news releases, etc. The excitement for the Bronco is unlike that of any other vehicle I’ve ever owned or purchased (I currently drive a 2016 Mustang that I bought brand new, and 3 other brand new vehicle purchases prior to that over the past 10 years have been Fords).

This year has been rough on everyone - from COVID, to politics, to civil unrest - it’s been a dark year. I needed something to focus on .. .something to distract me and take me away from the negativity of everything else going on around us - and with the Bronco reservation - it gave me that distraction. It has been a way for me to NOT be consumed by all the negativity - and the online communities being built around the Bronco have given me an opportunity to interact with other like-minded people who are also just as excited as I am, and also looking for some kind of outlet. The Bronco purchase is more than just a vehicle purchase. It’s exciting. It was fun to be part of something like this. It was fun to be PROUD of Ford, and PROUD of the company I was supporting with this amazing launch.

However, there have been dropped balls that have caused frustration - again, the delays in the B&P page, the lack of clear communications from Ford, the ambiguity about it all.. and NOW - NOW you tell us that we can’t even use the X plan discount on this - it’s not a “Specialty vehicle”… it’s not a “Limited Production” vehicle.. it’s going to be mass produced because you did such a good job of generating excitement about it, and WE WERE YOUR AMBASSADORS. This is not a practical purchase for us. It’s a highly emotional one for many of us - it’s not an Escape, Fusion, Focus or Taurus.. this is something different. We are all excited for this in a whole new way - and again - we were PROUD to be part of this new chapter in Ford’s history.

You have seriously tainted this whole experience for me (and probably many others) - this makes it clear that this is not about Ford trying to create a community like Jeep has. It’s not about Ford trying to make a connection with it’s customer base. This is not about Ford trying to bring people together.. this is STRICTLY about Ford trying to make sales numbers. But you are forgetting that MANY of your consumers are repeat Ford buyers. Are you trying to alienate us?

I get the X plan discount through my wife’s work - and MANY people spent money on MCA memberships to get the discount - it’s like you’re trying to piss us off.

I have been working my butt off since July to make as much extra money as I can to put towards the Bronco, as it is definitely the most expensive vehicle I’ve purchased - but the emotional connection is what had me hooked. I’m up to $10k in my “Bronco account”, and my plan was to have half the purchase price ready for when I needed to sign - but now, for the first time since July - I’m SERIOUSLY debating whether to go through with it, or just go get a Jeep Rubicon or Toyota 4Runner or Tacoma. Just because you’ve ruined this experience with this move. I do hope you reconsider, but I doubt you will.

calgecko

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Chevy ZR2 Bison V6
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Let's put this is money terms... 160k orders and let's say 150k had x plan because of Mustang club. Let's say msrp was 2k over invoice. Thats what, 300million dollars they miss out on if xplan was offered? Im just throwing numbers out there though.
honestly, out of 160k reservations, probably only 100k of those will materialize. I'd be SHOCKED if even 1/3 of those had X plan. Most people aren't on forums obsessing like we are, and don't realize that the X plan exists.

Bradyrufenacht

Outer Banks
First Name
Brady
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 F-250
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I cant say I blame them based on demand but I will be selling my 5000 shares of Ford tomorrow. I will base my financial decisions on the bottom dollar as they are and can make a better return elsewhere. Yes, I will still be buying a bronco. Still love the vehicle. The Apple stock I replace Fords with will certainly cover the difference in losing the X plan

mustangfamily03

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Depends on what GM offers. In my case, if the Bronco turns out to be too little for too much, I'd likely go for an F-150 where I can use X plan, plus Ford and dealer incentives. Financing rates through FMC are also likely to be more favorable.
yeah I’m going for a Challenger. I have a 18 F150 so I just wanted something to mess around with. I’m ordering it tomorrow and Ford can suck it. I’ll be replacing the F150 with something not Ford in the future and instead of the Lincoln Aviator I was replacing my wife’s Explorer platinum with we will just get something else not Ford as well.

Sponsored

teerav

Black Diamond
First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Patriot
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Not surprised to see this. It wasn't a secret they were under prepared for the demand. Only way to make it back to equilibrium is to raise the price. Raising MSRP probably isnt an option at this point, so removing X-Plan seems like the safest play.

Sadly, I believe this is the final straw for me with Ford. B&P will be fun to fiddle with, but without the padding of X-Plan I am not interested anymore. I invested into Ford stock for it based on several dealers betting it would be available and I feel cheated. $800 locked up for six months (reservation + stocks), delays upon delays...

You can only pin so much on the pandemic. Ford really fucked this up. I'll wait 4-5 years then scout for any used Broncos out there. Or just pick up a Toyota Tacoma.

johnny_bronco

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

MLRey

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4, 18 Subaru Outback
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Let's put this is money terms... 160k orders and let's say 150k had x plan because of Mustang club. Let's say msrp was 2k over invoice. Thats what, 300million dollars they miss out on if xplan was offered? Im just throwing numbers out there though.
I've go no problems with Ford making a profit, I'm just not going to pay full price or higher. I also don't want to hassle with negotiations. I can wait a year or just buy something else. You're already losing money the second you drive off the lot, no reason to burn any more. If I was in the habit of throwing money away I'd be buying a Land Rover.

DC9atnight

Black Diamond
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

LOL ... thanks .. .this went through a few revisions... my intent is for them to take it seriously and understand why this is so impactful. As mentioned previously, it is only partially about the financial aspect of it. I feel like we (the early adopters, the ones who made reservations) are the 'Ambassadors' for this new vehicle... and I feel like Ford just gave us all a big middle finger.

Feel free to copy/paste the body of text and use as you like to share on Twitter, IG, Facebook, email etc:

I know a number of members of your marketing, PR, research and numerous other teams have been monitoring the online activities of the Bronco enthusiast groups on Facebook, Instagram, Forums, etc. I know you’re not ignorant to the excitement the Bronco has generated. You’re probably also aware of the community’s frustration with the lack of communications from dealers and from Ford directly. On top of the lack of communication, we have been left to speculate on pricing, availability, options, etc - especially since the Build and Price page continues to be delayed. I’m going to try to speak for myself as much as possible, but I’d wager that a number of other Bronco enthusiasts are feeling similarly here.

When the Bronco launch was announced back in July - I wasn’t thinking about buying a new car, but this vehicle just knocked me off my feet, and I got my reservation in on July 20. Since then, I’ve been obsessing. Checking the forums numerous times a day for any updates - sightings, rumors, pictures, news releases, etc. The excitement for the Bronco is unlike that of any other vehicle I’ve ever owned or purchased (I currently drive a 2016 Mustang that I bought brand new, and 3 other brand new vehicle purchases prior to that over the past 10 years have been Fords).

This year has been rough on everyone - from COVID, to politics, to civil unrest - it’s been a dark year. I needed something to focus on .. .something to distract me and take me away from the negativity of everything else going on around us - and with the Bronco reservation - it gave me that distraction. It has been a way for me to NOT be consumed by all the negativity - and the online communities being built around the Bronco have given me an opportunity to interact with other like-minded people who are also just as excited as I am, and also looking for some kind of outlet. The Bronco purchase is more than just a vehicle purchase. It’s exciting. It was fun to be part of something like this. It was fun to be PROUD of Ford, and PROUD of the company I was supporting with this amazing launch.

However, there have been dropped balls that have caused frustration - again, the delays in the B&P page, the lack of clear communications from Ford, the ambiguity about it all.. and NOW - NOW you tell us that we can’t even use the X plan discount on this - it’s not a “Specialty vehicle”… it’s not a “Limited Production” vehicle.. it’s going to be mass produced because you did such a good job of generating excitement about it, and WE WERE YOUR AMBASSADORS. This is not a practical purchase for us. It’s a highly emotional one for many of us - it’s not an Escape, Fusion, Focus or Taurus.. this is something different. We are all excited for this in a whole new way - and again - we were PROUD to be part of this new chapter in Ford’s history.

You have seriously tainted this whole experience for me (and probably many others) - this makes it clear that this is not about Ford trying to create a community like Jeep has. It’s not about Ford trying to make a connection with it’s customer base. This is not about Ford trying to bring people together.. this is STRICTLY about Ford trying to make sales numbers. But you are forgetting that MANY of your consumers are repeat Ford buyers. Are you trying to alienate us?

I get the X plan discount through my wife’s work - and MANY people spent money on MCA memberships to get the discount - it’s like you’re trying to piss us off.

I have been working my butt off since July to make as much extra money as I can to put towards the Bronco, as it is definitely the most expensive vehicle I’ve purchased - but the emotional connection is what had me hooked. I’m up to $10k in my “Bronco account”, and my plan was to have half the purchase price ready for when I needed to sign - but now, for the first time since July - I’m SERIOUSLY debating whether to go through with it, or just go get a Jeep Rubicon or Toyota 4Runner or Tacoma. Just because you’ve ruined this experience with this move. I do hope you reconsider, but I doubt you will.
Wow. I no longer have to write anything on this thread. This is EXACTLY my situation and EXACTLY how I feel. Well done.

Sponsored

BlueOvalBandit

Badlands
First Name
Kenneth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
That 300 million is divided over the dealers. Ford gets the invoice, everything else is in the dealer's pockets. If Ford limited sales at MSRP even I don't think we'd even be having this discussion. 2-3k savings on something like a $55k Badlands is not a huge amount. Ford just gave dealers a crapload of ammunition to go hog wild by calling it "limited production" Raptors and Shelbys routinely go significantly above MSRP around here and Ford just passed the ball back to the dealer court.

GetWild

First Name
Corey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fiesta
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Are you double posting this? It is not cheating and it is not abusing anything. But sure, blame the CONSUMER for what the manufacturer is doing to excited buyers trying to afford a $50k+ vehicle.
Well for starters, nobody said anyone had to spend 50k for one. In fact, nobody is being forced to buy one. And yes, its cheating the system. X plan doesn't just set a price, there is a cost to Ford for every x plan purchase. Being first buyers will cost more, plain and simple. If its "not fair", well thats unfortunate. It follows the same logic of why people buy 2020's after 2021 has already come out. They want a deal since there's more off. Being a reservation holder makes absolutely nobody special at the end of the day, just first in line.

Tonka1

Badlands
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Willys
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yikes Ford, just yikes.

Albert is gonna be able to buy the whole state of Iowa by the time all the Granger orders are done ?
I'm glad that I got my order in 2 weeks ago. Zach better cancel any vacation plans that Albert has.

Woodwalker

Badlands
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1984 Jeep Grand Wagoneer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Ford screwed me on my 2008 super duty ( I lemon lawed it) and now this. Jeep gladiator back in The lead for me now

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
If it's true that you can change dealers another time, I feel that could open up some competition on pricing to keep the reservations they have and draw new one's. Once B & P comes may be a good time to have a talk with your dealer and ask for $$ off.
Sponsored