David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Am I the only one on this Forum that actually likes the grey top? I can understand the issue with the Top and the B-Piller trim mismatch but other then that Id prefer a grey top on an Area 51 Bronco over a black top
Sponsored

Vigor

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Maybe I need to avoid this board
Everytime I think I settle on what I want (after agonizing over it more than I should care to admit), I come here, see photos, and COMMENTS, and question my selection. Its a 55-62k purchase so I want to absolutely LOVE this you know?

I never thought choosing between the following three would be so difficult
1) a51 badlands with grey top in june/July (I'm an early reservation)
2) a51 wildtrak with black top for late 2021 (whatever that means)
3) all black wildtrak for late 2021 (but then the blue stiching, tan/black interior doesn't match the black exterior. So that gives me pause)

Last edited:

Vigor

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
That's my issue as well but I need to see it in Carbonized Gray before I can really have an opinion. This picture really shows the difference. The flares, pillar and door handles match, but the MIC top is much lighter. I think it looks good on A51 but maybe not as good on some of the other color options.

MIC.gif
The other photo here makes it seem they actually DO match. But could be the angle

Ford Bronco Closeup pics of dark gray MIC top - in sun vs shade Ford Bronco MIC top dark gray sun vs shade 3

Is one pre production? And the other production?

We really need Ford to show photos with real descriptions

WHOPPER

Badlands
First Name
STEVE
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 GMC SEIRRA
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Anyone notice that all of the interior pictures of the MIC hard top is brown when you do the 360 degree interior picture? Is light brown production? Seems odd that outside is carbonite gray of something that is pitched as molded in color (as in molded in one color) and then the inside would be light brown. You'd think at the very least it would be the same CG color or a lighter gray

Ford Bronco Closeup pics of dark gray MIC top - in sun vs shade Ford Bronco MIC top dark gray sun vs shade 3
I have been wondering the same thing.

Vigor

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Am I the only one on this Forum that actually likes the grey top? I can understand the issue with the Top and the B-Piller trim mismatch but other then that Id prefer a grey top on an Area 51 Bronco over a black top
Would you say the same about an area51 wildtrak Bronco, which has a black grill?

Genuinely curious as thats my dilemma and a51 is my main color choice with black a close second

Sponsored

Fotsch

First Edition
First Name
Connor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Cadillac ELR
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Which is the top we are getting at launch?

WHOPPER

Badlands
First Name
STEVE
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 GMC SEIRRA
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Closeup pics of dark gray MIC top in the shade and in full sun. The pics look good and helped to calm my anxiousness.

Yea it's dark gray, but at least it appears all the plastics match in dark grayness.

How about the inside color of the top.

BroncoNV

Badlands
First Name
GJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1968 Pontiac Firebird, 2017 Toyota Tacoma TRD
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Plus you get these awesome cup holders with the roof off!
Ford Bronco Closeup pics of dark gray MIC top - in sun vs shade 1603999972349

centra28

Badlands
First Name
Dale
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Mojave
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I still am having a hard time with the Cyber Orange trim as mandatory on the BL and the Area51 trim color on the WT no matter what exterior color you get... I've tried to accept it, slept on it and it between the BL and WT it is KILLING MEEEEEEE.....
go BD, it's the best. Once you go BD you never go back :D

Sponsored

YTFORD

Outer Banks
First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Edge ST & 2020 GT PP2
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Iā€™m becoming fairly solid on my decision to go soft top and address a hard top in the aftermarket (if I decide I need one). There are tons of jeeps driving around NC with soft tops year round.
That's where me and wife are as well. I would have been up to paying for a black or white modular top but the grey is not attractive. The black soft top will have to do for now.

gentlemanbronco

Base
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford fiesta 5.0
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

So whatā€™s the guess on what the black or white tops will eventually cost? I can live with the grey top but might go for black later on

Vigor

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
The black painted top is said to be available as late availability. My question is.... If you get the black painted top, do all the other components (Grill, mirrors, door handles, fender flares, etc.) come in either black MIC or black painted to match? Or does the carbonized gray haunt you on these parts and you have to swap them out after market?
We do know that no matter what, the grills are the grills. So the badlands keeps its grey grill even if you wait for the black painted top. Same for door handles and fender flares for that matter.

Its the reason why the wild trak has a penchant for black accents all throughout, because it came standard with the black painted hard top