Sponsored

Tube Doors - Ford Performance factory version vs aftermarket?

Petey

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
So what’s everyone’s thoughts on these from Ford? Do we think that aftermarket will do it better and cheaper or do we think the Ford brand tube doors will be better quality and integrate to the truck better?

Ford Bronco Tube Doors - Ford Performance factory version vs aftermarket? 02A28273-A51C-4F3E-8A38-9FC0402B6F9F
Sponsored

rgwinn

First Edition
First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘62 Vette
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

I think they look good and appear to be solid from the videos I have seen. I’m getting them for mine.

OP
OP
Petey

Petey

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I love em. At $850 I dont think there's a huge amount of room for a high quality aftermarket undercut. Sure some chinese knock offs will show up for under $500, but they will likely be junk.
I get that, but you go to smittybilt and look at some of the aftermarket Jeep doors and they are only $300-$400. I want them, but $850 is a lot too. I assume I could just order them from Ford after the fact too?

Bmadda

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1990 Bronco eddie bauer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I get that, but you go to smittybilt and look at some of the aftermarket Jeep doors and they are only $300-$400. I want them, but $850 is a lot too. I assume I could just order them from Ford after the fact too?
Smittybuilt=China

Sponsored

ironmike

Raptor
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Agree they should be a parts order anytime. Don’t need a dealer to change out my doors...

AK SNO RIDER

First Edition
First Name
Ty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT350, '04 6.0, '76 High Boy
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
You might see some nicer or better looking options from the aftermarket, but the Ford ones do have one big benefit. Ford said they would be crash tested and meet safety regs.

Sponsored

Mpatient1

Black Diamond
First Name
Mel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 BD CO/MID, 2006 mustang pony package
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

hoping they offer just the front doors for the 4 door at some point. leaning towards a 4 door lately. I like the tube doors but I'd be worried about my dog falling through them somehow.

rgwinn

First Edition
First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘62 Vette
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Go read some posts on the wrangler forums about tube doors. Fit and finish is all over the place, and even a decent set like Rugged Ridge would be $750 for 4-door.

AK SNO RIDER

First Edition
First Name
Ty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT350, '04 6.0, '76 High Boy
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
No doubt aftermarket will be cheaper if price is concern. With these you're paying for that little logo and the fact they've been legit safety tested by an actual OEM. That's worth it to some.
Sponsored