Sponsored

Two oddball answers for which I searched and no joy.

pan-y-cerveza

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma Pro
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

If that was actually the exterior door panel being shown through to the inside, or there was metal-to-metal contact, you wouldn't be able to roll down the window.

Screen Shot 2020-11-23 at 09.50.45.png

I could see it being the interior metal door panel (rather than just a trim piece), but as mentioned above, in my jeep it's not a problem at all. There's enough insolation and air gap inside the door to prevent any issues.
Do we know for sure that the windows roll down on the 2 Door?
Sponsored

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Do we know for sure that the windows roll down on the 2 Door?
Conflicting information on that. A ford rep at one of the CEL events (east?) said that he wasn't sure but he thought the 2-door windows were fixed, but a BN instagram post showed the power window buttons on one of the pre-production 2-doors.... so either the ford rep was wrong, or they were experimenting with trying to make it work and then they abandoned it at some point (or they are planning on it being late availability).

Also, the 4-door windows only roll down 10mm.

Ford Bronco Two oddball answers for which I searched and no joy. 2lba

TX_Bronco77

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT PP
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

For #2 I have some Weathertech mats in my current vehicle and they're really nice. They ran about $110+shipping so to me another $50 to get the factory ones is reasonable especially if they fit in the washout grooves. Bonus they are branded with the Bronco logo.

Sponsored

Raptor911

Raptor
First Name
Raptor911
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 F150 Raptor, 2022 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
FYI ... it maybe part of the door BUT don't forget the door is hollow to allow room for the glass to go up and down.

#1 think I saw somewhere that the color on the inside of the door that matches the outside paint is actually the door. The interior panel allows a place for it to show

Petey

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I'll wait for the BN video for comfirmation. It's all speculation at this point.
Is this even a debate? Ford showed the center console on ALL Broncos have electric window openers. WOW.

OP
OP

Drex

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'13 SLK55 AMG, '15 Indian Chief, '15 WRX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Is this even a debate? Ford showed the center console on ALL Broncos have electric window openers. WOW.
Was just a joke on how Ford has shown a bunch of stuff on the mules you cannot actually get. Everyone knows that the windows go down (the up part is where it gets murky...)

Sponsored

indio22

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'72 Rover, '85 CJ7, '98 TJ, '14 BRZ, '23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
On the first point, I don't have any direct knowledge on the Bronco, but my Jeep has painted metal on the inside of the doors (matching the outside) and I never noticed it being particularly hot or cold no matter the temperature. I have also never heard of frost or condensation issues because of different temperatures in the cab vs. outside. I doubt this will be a problem on the Bronco. Also, I have driven that jeep in -40 Fahrenheit (-25 with no wind chill) with no issues.

On your second point, I believe there are carpeted mats that come with the Bronco with a pattern on the underside that will fill the grooves in the washout floors. I am not certain on this, but I have heard it thrown around a couple of times. I will be getting the liners on top of the washout floors just in case.
Same. My CJ has interior metal door areas and also never had any carpet. Don't recall having condensation or other issues living through Chicago winters.

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Looks like the color is part of the door, but not in direct contact with the outer skin.

Ford Bronco Two oddball answers for which I searched and no joy. 1606145520106

Not part of the 4-door, but it has the same construction.
Ford Bronco Two oddball answers for which I searched and no joy. 1606145520106
Good eyes on this.

I think that settles question #1

Ford Bronco Two oddball answers for which I searched and no joy. Screen Shot 2020-11-23 at 10.45.19

OP
OP

Drex

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'13 SLK55 AMG, '15 Indian Chief, '15 WRX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Looks like the color is part of the door, but not in direct contact with the outer skin.

Ford Bronco Two oddball answers for which I searched and no joy. Screen Shot 2020-11-23 at 10.45.19

Not part of the 4-door, but it has the same construction.
Perfect! So part of the inner skin, looks to be the worst case I imagined it could be, inner skin will have direct contact to the outer skin along the edges and the air between the skins. That aluminum is going to move heat. Question is how much. I guess I am back to waiting until someone gets their hands on one next Spring/Summer to ask again. Thank you for the pictures, they were spot on!
Sponsored