Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350R, 2018 Fiesta ST, 2018 Fusion Sport
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Reminds me of a Honda Ridgeline ?

2022-ford-maverick-body-in-white-lead.jpg
2021-honda-ridgeline-exterior-rear-quarter.jpg
I’d say gurl truck, but that wouldn’t fly. Girly-boy truck is a better description.
Sponsored

AK SNO RIDER

First Edition
First Name
Ty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT350, '04 6.0, '76 High Boy
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Does this feel like them bringing the Explorer Sport Trac back? I really liked the Sport Trac, but it was such a limited run, and they never improved on it after the initial version.
Well, there were 2 generations of Sport Trac spanning like a decade...

I liked it too but also hated it. I spent a considerable amount of time in both gens and they were kinda fun but also really terrible. They drove awful and the first gen in particular was very cramped. They also got rather poor fuel economy for their size. The current Ranger is better in every way, albeit super generic looking.

Not sure what the point of this Maverick is when we already have the Ranger. Mid sized trucks don't really sell all that well, why on earth is Ford gonna have two similar ones.

-=[P@]=-

Badlands
First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'08 Ranger 4.0L, '18 Escape
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
But sadly no one bought them anymore so they stopped optioning them out. I miss trucks being trucks. Now they're overpriced, massive, soccer mom mobiles.
Sorry, I'm part of that problem.
84 Ranger was regular cab, but its replacement in 08 is an extended cab. I thought I wanted the little extra interior space, until I filled it like a trash can.
I don't want to do that again! I'm going 2 door manual (even though I prefer the 2.7L engine) just afraid if I don't then Ford will drop both options and I'll never see them again.

dwbronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F-150 King Ranch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Does this feel like them bringing the Explorer Sport Trac back? I really liked the Sport Trac, but it was such a limited run, and they never improved on it after the initial version.
Maybe. I kinda feel like they are trying do a Ranchero thing.

Sponsored

dwbronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F-150 King Ranch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

I liked it too but also hated it. I spent a considerable amount of time in both gens and they were kinda fun but also really terrible. They drove awful and the first gen in particular was very cramped. They also got rather poor fuel economy for their size. The current Ranger is better in every way, albeit super generic looking.

Not sure what the point of this Maverick is when we already have the Ranger. Mid sized trucks don't really sell all that well, why on earth is Ford gonna have two similar ones.
It's looks too small to be a midsized truck. I'd say it's a rehash of the Courier or maybe a Ranchero.

Ksjrb03

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

This is not remotely similar to a Ranger. It is unibody, and similar in size to a Bronco Sport. Compact, not midsize.

HoosierDaddy

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68&69 Broncos, 21 AMB Base 2dr, 23 VB BL 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

. Mid sized trucks don't really sell all that well,
The Ranger went away because Ford was certain the "mid-size" trucks were going to go away. Instead the market grew ... a lot. Which is why they moved the production back up to the States. (Trucks produced outside of our borders were/still are in most cases, subject to the "Chicken Tax" ...look it up .... 25% tariff)

The rebirth of the Bronco slotted nicely into that line up also, but the Bronco needed a very specific set up that the current Ranger could not offer. They are redesigning the Ranger to fit the Bronco's mold, not the other way around....the Bronco is that important to Ford.
Thus, when you read that they share the same frame, etc, that is currently wrong.
When the next Ranger remodel is complete they will share a lot of equipment.

I'm curious about the new trucklette, there seems to be a bit of a cry for the older smaller sized Ranger ... I can see why, todays "mid sized" are freaking HUGE!

I learned to drive in a 1985? GMC S-15 , 2x , reg cab, short bed, manual , 2.5 4cyl. That truck was tiny by todays standards .... BUT it also had a full frame a could handle hauling and towing some pretty decent loads of dirt, firewood, boats , etc. I'm unsure how how well a light duty version will fare.
Ford Bronco Ford Maverick Truck Unibody Fully Leaked 1607400031468

MaverickMan

Black Diamond
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 bronco sport 91 comanche eliminator 93 v8 zj
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Saw one of these up close once and if I lived in a warmer climate...
Ford Bronco Ford Maverick Truck Unibody Fully Leaked 1607400031468

If the Maverick was even close, it could sell
Especially if it came with the 2.3 and had more hauling capacity than the heaviest duty transit connect.

Sponsored

VoltageDrop

Base
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23, 69 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

A FWD pickup? That should be entertaining on an uphill red light in the rain :LOL:

deckape

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1967 Mercury cougar/ 2004 ford F-250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
A FWD pickup? That should be entertaining on an uphill red light in the rain :LOL:
If it’s remotely off-road capable, and has a bed +is not the heep gladiator.... where do I sign up? ?

BroncoRevital

Badlands
First Name
Zak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tacoma, past; 94 FB, 86 FB, 84 Bronco2
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Could be a handy little truck for some people.

Sort of like the crew Ranger that was sold in other markets.

Ford Bronco Ford Maverick Truck Unibody Fully Leaked _Ford_Falcon_%28BA%29_XR6_utility_%282010-07-05%29
Exactly. This is what we should have had and should have. Being next to Mexico I’d see some of these around. I was envious, they are a perfect size. Like why the hell don’t we have these here.
Unfortunately it’s not body on frame but it should fit it’s purpose well. I’m looking forward to it.
Sponsored