SLAY

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1995 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I have to say this is embarrassing. I really thought it was Estaban that said this. I mean this question came up several times at different Q&As and they said the B&P was correct every time. Then the "It's a steal" comment was made and I actually started to believed that B&P was correct. If Ford's rep said it then he should be accurate but that is a far cry from Estaban saying it. I feel like the forum and Ford has a little egg on its face right now (and I am including myself). We need to check our facts out better and Ford needs to have the reps lined out better AND not leave an obvious mistake on the B&P that we have be asking about for TWO MONTHS.

Well Said
Sponsored

Tilzbow

Badlands
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GM Sierra Diesel Pick Up
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

FWIW I clearly remember the last quote regarding flat towing. I do think if was flannel guy who said it during an interview originally posted on BN.

ramblinwreck

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
`22 Wildtrak, '21 Wrangler Rubicon 4xe
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Tell mr Levine that if the auto trans price don’t go back to what it was I might buy a sand dune metallic zr2 instead
Why would you punish yourself by buying an ugly assed truck like that. If you are gonna bail on Bronco at least buy something decent.

Beach_Bum

Black Diamond
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Diamond Bronco, 2023 Outerbanks Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I have to say this is embarrassing. I really thought it was Estaban that said this. I mean this question came up several times at different Q&As and they said the B&P was correct every time. Then the "It's a steal" comment was made and I actually started to believed that B&P was correct. If Ford's rep said it then he should be accurate but that is a far cry from Estaban saying it. I feel like the forum and Ford has a little egg on its face right now (and I am including myself). We need to check our facts out better and Ford needs to have the reps lined out better AND not leave an obvious mistake on the B&P that we have be asking about for TWO MONTHS.
Some have discounted the attribution to Nick's transcription of a show rep's Q/A. But I still remember watching (and hearing) a clip where the phrase was uttered in reference to the combo. For the longest time, I was in the Big Bend trim. Many posters can recall discussions of my needs where I don't need the 2.7L, but was only getting it for better resale value and it was only $300 in addition to the 10spAuto. But recently (since Thanksgiving), I've been looking at the OBX just to gain access to the High package. The OBX trim always had the pricing separate at the new corrected pricing for other trims. But because of the lack of "the steal" combo on the OBX, I had settled on the 2.3L in the meantime. As once the steal of a deal was mentioned, I just assumed the OBX pricing would reflect the combo pricing. But instead all other trims were "corrected".

Doesn't matter either way to me as I don't need the 2.7L. But I would have added it for "the steal" combo pricing. At this point, I just want to confirm that others have seen and heard the attribution and not just read it from Nick's transcription.

PSUTE

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sierra
Your Bronco Model
Base
Sounds like people deduced that since ordering a 2.7 required a 10spd, that the 10spd was priced with the 2.7. Forgetting the 10spd could be ordered with a 2.3.
Problem is that the automatic was included with the 4 door and squatch package as well as the 2.7. So, they drop it from being included to a separate priced item. That's what my problem is...

Sponsored

Beach_Bum

Black Diamond
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Diamond Bronco, 2023 Outerbanks Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

So does anyone have copies of all the videos? Not the ones posted by Ford or BN on YouTube. I'm pretty certain it was said by Estaban or from the other 2 that were in the video.

I know It's incredibly conspiracy theory but funny how Levine never asked why we believed what we did when everyone here was asking repeatedly on every social site he was on but now no one can find it???

Hmmm, ok.
I know that I heard and seen the attribution and not just read it from Nick's transcription. I know I'm not crazy. But I've been unable to find the video through my searches. It is as if the video has been deleted from it's existence.

lowmpg

Badlands
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F350
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Problem is that the automatic was included with the 4 door and squatch package as well as the 2.7. So, they drop it from being included to a separate priced item. That's what my problem is...
I can understand that for sure, but they've got disclaimers galore on B&P. Wait until it is time to order, by then you have a real reason to complain if they switch a price IMO.

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I know that I heard and seen the attribution and not just read it from Nick's transcription. I know I'm not crazy. But I've been unable to find the video through my searches. It is as if the video has been deleted from it's existence.
I already posted about the Mandela Effect earlier in the thread... but I honestly think that’s what’s going on here with all of us.

https://www.goodhousekeeping.com/life/entertainment/g28438966/mandela-effect-examples/

RG7

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
B8 A4, 2018 Triumph Street Triple R
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Sounds like Ford trying to cover all its bases so they can tell us they never *officially* said the AT was free with certain upgrades.

Idunno, having tens of thousands of people use your site and comment on the fact that they were giving a trans away FOR FREE without correcting anything or making statements to the contrary seems a lot like passive acknowledgement to me. They wouldn’t be getting all this shit if they would just clearly communicate with people. “Hey guys B&P is messed up, auto trans is a $1,595 upgrade including with SQ and 2.7”. That would take less than 5 minutes for someone to fire out a tweet.

On the flip side it’s pretty ridiculous the way people are acting like this is the end of the world. I’ve seen people saying that their build costs 3, 4 even 8 thousand (eight thousand!!!) more than they were planning because of this change.

Hopefully Ford will learn from this rollout to actually communicate with its customers. The auto industry seems to be the only consumer industry left in the world that’s blind to the fact that the internet exists and people will always figure out the truth. Immediately. And without any hesitation to call out those responsible for mistakes.

(BTW if you guys think Levine is running the show here you’re wrong. I’d imagine he is JUST as pissed if not more so that he has to continue to get punched in the nuts for his leadership’s failure or intentional decision not to communicate with us)

Jr87mustang

Black Diamond
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Expedition, 1987 5.0 GT Convert
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Some have discounted the attribution to Nick's transcription of a show rep's Q/A. But I still remember watching (and hearing) a clip where the phrase was uttered in reference to the combo. For the longest time, I was in the Big Bend trim. Many posters can recall discussions of my needs where I don't need the 2.7L, but was only getting it for better resale value and it was only $300 in addition to the 10spAuto. But recently (since Thanksgiving), I've been looking at the OBX just to gain access to the High package. The OBX trim always had the pricing separate at the new corrected pricing for other trims. But because of the lack of "the steal" combo on the OBX, I had settled on the 2.3L in the meantime. As once the steal of a deal was mentioned, I just assumed the OBX pricing would reflect the combo pricing. But instead all other trims were "corrected".

Doesn't matter either way to me as I don't need the 2.7L. But I would have added it for "the steal" combo pricing. At this point, I just want to confirm that others have seen and heard the attribution and not just read it from Nick's transcription.
I seem to remember an audio as well but everything I have looked out isn't the right one. If someone has it now is the time, cuz Ford really is listening.

Sponsored

BroncoGator

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badsquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The rep at the Orlando Auto Show last weekend told me the auto transmission was included with the $1895 for the 2.7. I didn't believe him though.

BroncoT

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Adding $1895 is such a kick in the dick. I’ve been in this line of work and doubt the cost is more than a few hundred higher (I’d bet less than $175 and as crazy as this sounds, it’s quite possibly less expensive to make than the 2.3L).

Ever since Farley took over it’s been nothing but bad news for consumers.

RLW

Badlands
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Lexus GS 300, 2022 Badlands, 2022 Honda Odyss
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

@SHLYGRR

I believe you were the one that got the answer to the question at the expo.
And I believe you said you had a recording on your phone.

Would you happen to still have that and do you remember who you talked with?

maybe helpful to pass that info on to @SLAY so he can pass it to mike Levine.

Merry Christmas y’all!!!

calgecko

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Chevy ZR2 Bison V6
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Tell mr Levine that if the auto trans price don’t go back to what it was I might buy a sand dune metallic zr2 instead
here’s one I’ll be testing out on Saturday. Nice looking truck, and amazing prices from Chevy right now through Jan 4. And if you have a Costco membership, maybe even more savings. It’ll be almost $10k less than the bronco I was planning on.

709423D8-B527-46BB-9DD1-38ED567231CD.jpeg
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.