First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
vw
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
They will never hear it or see it that way, they are to busy paying Jim Farley $22 million a year for all his unfilled promises.
I am sure Ford will survive. This crap show seems huge to all of us waiting on Broncos, but the reality is we are just a tiny piece of the pie. Ford sells close to a million F150s a year and over 2MM total cars. They can take a hit on a small number of disgruntled Bronco soon to be owners.

It sucks, but that is the reality.

ocbucks1

Outer Banks
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyta
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
But it's likely a completely different supply chain.

What are you going to take from the sport to give to the bronco to build more ?
No you are going to plan to produce the broncos that were ordered. . Bronco sports did not have the order backlog. Also it is not another supply chain. Ford manages chip orders and allocates to models / modules. There is basically one chip supplier in Japan. It’s hard enough to get chips. they don’t have separate orders.

North7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

No you are going to plan to produce the broncos that were ordered. . Bronco sports did not have the order backlog. Also it is not another supply chain. Ford manages chip orders and allocates to models / modules. There is basically one chip supplier in Japan. It’s hard enough to get chips. they don’t have separate orders.
You're not wrong and your premise of vehicle order management is correct. However, regarding chip orders, every vehicle and every module can use vastly different part numbers and functional types of semiconductors within that module. They are not generic, so to assume Ford can just order 100K chips and divvy them out to production lines is not the full story. There will be seperate orders for different semiconductors, by different module vendors, by different module types.

Different Types of Semiconductor Devices

What is a Semiconductor? Types, Examples & Applications

Examples of a tiny fraction of semiconductor types.

Ford Bronco “Update” from Mike Levine for those stuck on Ice Mountain 51e0633cce395f867b000000

calgecko

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Chevy ZR2 Bison V6
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Sponsored

ocbucks1

Outer Banks
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyta
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
You're not wrong and your premise of vehicle order management is correct. However, regarding chip orders, every vehicle and every module can use vastly different part numbers and functional types of semiconductors within that module. They are not generic, so to assume Ford can just order 100K chips and divvy them out to production lines is not the full story. There will be seperate orders for different semiconductors, by different module vendors, by different module types.

Different Types of Semiconductor Devices

What is a Semiconductor? Types, Examples & Applications

Examples of a tiny fraction of semiconductor types.

Ford Bronco “Update” from Mike Levine for those stuck on Ice Mountain 51e0633cce395f867b000000
No understand. None the less ford manages chip supply as a whole. Even though there are lots of parts these semiconductors aren’t the “chips”. The micro chips are micro and then these parts are made after the chip order from Japan. There are still overlap parts within vehicles. It’s complicated for sure. But I think they could have had managed it better. No one would know or care much if sports were on a chip hold IMO. That’s says a lot.

phocion

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

This guy would be a bigger asset to ford if they paid him to say nothing. Literally, “We will pay you to not interact with customers”.
Yeah. With regard to the Bronco, his tweets tend to fall into three categories:
1. Good news that is false.
2. Bad news that is true.
3. Trolling pissed off customers.

sgraing1

Black Diamond
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Black Diamond.A Bunch More Junk.
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Quite the PROPHETIC statement from the Prophet.

sgraing1

Black Diamond
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Black Diamond.A Bunch More Junk.
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
They will never hear it or see it that way, they are to busy paying Jim Farley $22 million a year for all his unfilled promises.
Math isn't my strong suit (I don't have any for that matter) but I believe that works out to roughly $2,509.75 per hr.working 24/7/365.25.

Sponsored

bigedizzle

Black Diamond
First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Edge st and a 2017 Fiesta st
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

The biggest kick in the face is saying all 21's would be shipped by March 31st.
The 12/6 group is about 70% delivered/shipped.
I haven't even checked the other my21 groups but I know for a fact their missing a pile as well.
I understand the 22's want their Broncos but some of us are 4 months with our 21's on the mountain now.
Anyone know what the longest wait was for dirt Mountain last fall?
12/08 blend my21 on the mountain with you

• Sad
Reactions: Biz

bigedizzle

Black Diamond
First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Edge st and a 2017 Fiesta st
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Very good point – as much as I feel forgotten as a 1/18 blend with no updates for months, the 21’s have a much bigger complaint. It’s disgusting the way ford is treating these people delivering them a 21 at msrp in May
I am wondering what ford will do to offset the boiled over rage for all of us waiting on our 2021’s. Hopefully more than a flimsy calendar

calgecko

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Chevy ZR2 Bison V6
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I am wondering what ford will do to offset the boiled over rage for all of us waiting on our 2021’s. Hopefully more than a flimsy calendar
glad I'm not the only one who describes this feeling as 'rage'. I feel sorry for a lot of the dealers who are probably taking a lot of the brunt of customer anger due to this debacle. My anger and rage is aimed squarely at Ford Corporate and the talking heads there who can't get their stories straight, and haven't made a single attempt to interact or communicate with us.

Pdshepherd

Wildtrak
First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None. Wife's Kia is my part time wheels
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Here's Levine's tweet. Go ask him why new Bronoco's are rolling off the line while ours sit on Ice Mountain!

Lies. Lies I tell ya

JDS

Wildtrak
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TT Roadster, Reatta convertible.
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Stay Pumped !!

Staying pumped requires powered units which may or not be available at this time. In the event that chips are unavailable deflation may occur, if your deflation lasts for more than 3 years please consult a professional. Chip availability may not result in re-inflation in the same order as deflation. Actual results may vary, please contact your dealer for more platitudes and misinformation in the event ford corporate has not met your disinformation needs.
Sponsored