First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 GMC Sierra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
glad I'm not the only one who describes this feeling as 'rage'. I feel sorry for a lot of the dealers who are probably taking a lot of the brunt of customer anger due to this debacle. My anger and rage is aimed squarely at Ford Corporate and the talking heads there who can't get their stories straight, and haven't made a single attempt to interact or communicate with us.
My dealer is as pissed off as I am. He has 4 customer orders done and ready to ship from Ford via convoy. The truck itself should have 5 broncos on it according to him. He can't sell them and make money if a convoy won't deliver them. I'm going on vacation at the end of May. I just want my Bronco soon enough that I can get it broken in before that road trip. My delivery eta range has changed 5 times. It's a 5 hour drive just let me come get it or let dealers bring their own trucks to haul them back since JCAT can't seem to get a damn handle on the job.

I know I'm not as bad off as some other people. Still it's frustrating to have my Bronco done and built, but can't get it because JCAT picks and chooses what they want to deliver.
Sponsored

rugbysecondrow

Black Diamond
First Name
Pauly P
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1964 C-10 stepside
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I've said it before and I'll say it again, Levine is the textbook example of what's called The Peter Principle - in a corporate setting, an individual is promoted until they reach a level where their incompetence prevents further advancement.

I wonder if he's got enough self-awareness to recognize his own ineffectiveness.
He is an easy punching bag, but he is the Director of Communication for North America...not your local CSR who can or should manage customer complaints for every order that is having manufacturing, supply, or logistics issues.

With millions of vehicles being delayed or scratched from production or delayed during 2020, 2021, 2022, and maybe 2023...I'm not sure what you expect him to do.

Should he send a person to visually inspect where the specific vehicle is located, then write back and say "confirmed, waiting on parts"?

What would you actually want him to do or say to the tens of thousands of order holders waiting for a myriad of reasons?

rugbysecondrow

Black Diamond
First Name
Pauly P
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1964 C-10 stepside
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Totally not defending him. Let’s pretend someone else was in that job. That person wouldn’t have answers either. Any answers they might have… we wouldn’t like. That guy gets a lot of hate for things out of his control. I’m glad I don’t have that job!
exactly.

DaveH

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
14 Ford Focus, 98 Ford Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

He is an easy punching bag, but he is the Director of Communication for North America...not your local CSR who can or should manage customer complaints for every order that is having manufacturing, supply, or logistics issues.

With millions of vehicles being delayed or scratched from production or delayed during 2020, 2021, 2022, and maybe 2023...I'm not sure what you expect him to do.

Should he send a person to visually inspect where the specific vehicle is located, then write back and say "confirmed, waiting on parts"?

What would you actually want him to do or say to the tens of thousands of order holders waiting for a myriad of reasons?
As “Director” of communications, it his job to make sure that effective communication is occurring. Corporate communication, emails, support lines, etc. Anybody think that is happening?

Sponsored

Chippewa-Pin

Badlands
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Santa Fe, Tucson, Z4, T/A
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

I have a hard time believing that there isn't a system within Ford that has the status of every VIN produced. What it's waiting for, where it's located, etc. Give the CSRs access to that info so they can tell the customer exactly what their specific hold up is.

Why can't an email blast be sent out to VIN owners once a week or at least once a month whose Bronco hasn't left their possession yet? Emails are cheap...

Not sure how they handle those waiting with an order for > 3 months or so that haven't received a VIN yet... I guess the answer is, at least get them a VIN/scheduled!

Last edited:

DaveH

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Totally not defending him. Let’s pretend someone else was in that job. That person wouldn’t have answers either. Any answers they might have… we wouldn’t like. That guy gets a lot of hate for things out of his control. I’m glad I don’t have that job!
I’m glad I don’t have his job either. I’m also glad I’m not a brain surgeon. We should seek a job we are we successful at. Levine can’t control delays or allocations, but it is his job to provide direction on communications from Ford. That fact that folks have to resort to tweeting him to get information means that he is failing in his job.

GiveItaTri

Badlands
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150, Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Your comparison of Levine to a punching bag is quite accurate. A punching bag just sits there and is only useful when others do the work.

You asked what I expect of the Director of Communications for one of the largest corporations in the world. The minimum expectations is strong, frequent, professional, and accurate information, a.k.a. communications.

I do not expect individual customer communication. That is silly, and for you to suggest that's what I or anyone else expects is creating a paper tiger. You being absurd does not negate people's criticisms. Extending someone's concern to an ridiculous extreme may seem to be an effective device to make a point, but the point you made was not the one you think you made.

He has told lies. He has posted and tweeted things that rise to the level of tone-deaf incompetence. He has been rude and unprofessional.

I am not some troll looking to impale everyone on my pitchfork. I am an individual that recognizes incompetence and a "Director of Communication for North America" that is in way over his head.

rugbysecondrow

Black Diamond
First Name
Pauly P
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1964 C-10 stepside
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

No statement could be crafted well enough, no detail of information would be sufficient, no clarity would give you peace if mind. He, and Ford has said a lot, you and other just don't like the answer.

And sorry, but your response in just inaccurate. This thread from the OP was directly about a direct question about his order, so to suggest I am misrepresenting is just not accurate.

Anybody along for the ride today knows the shit show that is automotive logistics and delivery. It has been like this for nearly 2 years. People are willfully participating in a shitty buying experience during a shitty logistical time. Its like people who choose to build a new home today ..sorry, it's going to be more expensive, take longer, and will have many unforseens.

This falls into the "tough shit" category. There is nothing Ford or Levine could say that would make you happy.

Your comparison of Levine to a punching bag is quite accurate. A punching bag just sits there and is only useful when others do the work.

You asked what I expect of the Director of Communications for one of the largest corporations in the world. The minimum expectations is strong, frequent, professional, and accurate information, a.k.a. communications.

I do not expect individual customer communication. That is silly, and for you to suggest that's what I or anyone else expects is creating a paper tiger. You being absurd does not negate people's criticisms. Extending someone's concern to an ridiculous extreme may seem to be an effective device to make a point, but the point you made was not the one you think you made.

He has told lies. He has posted and tweeted things that rise to the level of tone-deaf incompetence. He has been rude and unprofessional.

I am not some troll looking to impale everyone on my pitchfork. I am an individual that recognizes incompetence and a "Director of Communication for North America" that is in way over his head.

rugbysecondrow

Black Diamond
First Name
Pauly P
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1964 C-10 stepside
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

As “Director” of communications, it his job to make sure that effective communication is occurring. Corporate communication, emails, support lines, etc. Anybody think that is happening?
No matter what he says, it will never be enough.

What degree of detail about the delays would prove satisfactory for DaveH?

I remember when they gave more detailed info, and they were called liars when it proves inaccurate or the circumstances changed.

Its really the Goldilocks effect...not too much, not too little.

Sponsored

GiveItaTri

Badlands
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150, Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

No statement could be crafted well enough, no detail of information would be sufficient, no clarity would give you peace if mind. He, and Ford has said a lot, you and other just don't like the answer.

And sorry, but your response in just inaccurate. This thread from the OP was directly about a direct question about his order, so to suggest I am misrepresenting is just not accurate.

Anybody along for the ride today knows the shit show that is automotive logistics and delivery. It has been like this for nearly 2 years. People are willfully participating in a shitty buying experience during a shitty logistical time. Its like people who choose to build a new home today ..sorry, it's going to be more expensive, take longer, and will have many unforseens.

This falls into the "tough shit" category. There is nothing Ford or Levine could say that would make you happy.
I really do not want to get into a back-and-forth with you today. I'd rather do something productive, and no one reading this thread cares at all how illogical your points are or the quality of my pointed responses.

I just want to point out how much you think you know about me, my feelings, my thoughts, and what would make me happy. That's strike two.

I already explained what would make me happy. You didn't seem to appreciate my response. I'm not looking for Levine or you to give me "peace of mind". I'm quite content with my life.

Everyone on here knows of the current global situation. There's no need remind us. Again, silly. You seem to think people are demanding their Bronco now, despite the global situation. Nope. Again, accusing people of that does not strengthen your argument or your logic.

You are more than free to defend whomever you'd like. I have had personal interactions with Levine, and you will not be able to convince me he is doing quality work.

Have a great one. Enjoy opening day and be careful of strike three. :)

DaveH

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

No matter what he says, it will never be enough.

What degree of detail about the delays would prove satisfactory for DaveH?

I remember when they gave more detailed info, and they were called liars when it proves inaccurate or the circumstances changed.

Its really the Goldilocks effect...not too much, not too little.
Everybody is entitled to their own opinion on what constitutes effective communication and everyone's expectations are different. I imagine there are a few that are perfectly satisfied, but I suspect that is a small percentage.

rugbysecondrow

Black Diamond
First Name
Pauly P
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1964 C-10 stepside
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I really do not want to get into a back-and-forth with you today. I'd rather do something productive, and no one reading this thread cares at all how illogical your points are or the quality of my pointed responses.

I just want to point out how much you think you know about me, my feelings, my thoughts, and what would make me happy. That's strike two.

I already explained what would make me happy. You didn't seem to appreciate my response. I'm not looking for Levine or you to give me "peace of mind". I'm quite content with my life.

Everyone on here knows of the current global situation. There's no need remind us. Again, silly. You seem to think people are demanding their Bronco now, despite the global situation. Nope. Again, accusing people of that does not strengthen your argument or your logic.

You are more than free to defend whomever you'd like. I have had personal interactions with Levine, and you will not be able to convince me he is doing quality work.

Have a great one. Enjoy opening day and be careful of strike three. :)
For somebody trying to play it cool, you sure wrote a lot.

goodgraf

Badlands
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

How about prioritize reservations from 2020 that are not filled? All others on hold till 2020 reservations are delivered? And communicate you are doing that...and actually do it. That would appease everyone with this complaint.
Sponsored