Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I continue to be absolutely amazed by those trying to contort their thoughts and words to rationalize why they should be getting a free transmission upgrade, as well as those stating that an obviously broken-from-the-start B&P is a legally binding contract IF YOU HAVE PRINTED OUT AT PICTURE OF YOUR BUILD ??.

Cmon guys Ford are looking at this and laughing their asses off.

They obviously screwed up and continue to screw up. Their failure to communicate makes this process much worse, and I agree it’s infuriating that they let this bullshit hang out there for two months without saying a word...

However that doesn’t mean a price you once saw is the price of your vehicle. They can still make changes even now. Imagine your realtor accidentally leaving off a zero off of your house listing on Zillow and some jackass starts saying you’re legally obligated to sell him the house for 40k.
If you look at your build price total, it does say "estimated". That should be a clue.
Sponsored

Last edited:

PSUTE

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sierra
Your Bronco Model
Base
This news bums me out too, but you guys need to understand that "standard" doesn't mean "free".
Save your sunshine pump. Guess you have a problem with what "is" means as well. When it says standard with 2.7, and the Check mark appears as included for MONTHS, please tell me this isn't anything but a money grab.

Aman

Badlands
First Name
Aman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1998 M3, 2008 Armada, and 2022 Badlands ManSquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Guess you have a problem with what "is" means as well. When it says
LOL, I was waiting for someone to allude to that!

Edit: I don't think @PSUTE was referencing the joke I was thinking of. ?

Jpeyer

Badlands
First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 F250 Lariat
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Apologies, I may have misinterpreted what you were saying. Are you in the camp of the 10AT should be free or an extra cost, because the article you cite states...

"There are several differences under the hood as well. Moving from the 2.3-liter to the 2.7-liter engine costs $1,895 and also adds $1,595 for the necessary 10-speed transmission ($3,490 total). The standard shift-on-the-fly part-time 4Ă—4 offers low and high ranges."
I remember somebody talking about the 1895 being correct on B&P at a qa. I don’t recall which one since B&P on 10/23. I was just displaying the article showing that whoever said that should have bitten their tongue. It was intended to add this cost. I just don’t know how they figured adding it wouldn’t be noticeable by anybody, Enthusiasts and just regular reservation holders included.Very poorly executed. Not rushing the B&P would have fixed a lot. Look at fca with the trx and 4xe. A reveal and then a B&P and then an order within months like it should be.

Sponsored

jaspercasidino

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Look over to the right it is listed as Optional.
Optional with 2.3L. Standard with 2.7L (which has since found to be untrue) Everything is Preliminary and no way is Ford going to walk this change back. I just wonder if we will get an official statement on the “preliminary pricing error”. And now everyone will be iffy on what “standard” or “included” means just like “by September“.

VoltageDrop

Base
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23, 69 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Sometimes when I try to understand a person’s motives I play a little game. I assume the worst. What’s the worst reason they could possibly have for saying what they say and doing what they do?

PSUTE

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sierra
Your Bronco Model
Base
I remember somebody talking about the 1895 being correct on B&P at a qa. I don’t recall which one since B&P on 10/23. I was just displaying the article showing that whoever said that should have bitten their tongue. It was intended to add this cost. I just don’t know how they figured adding it wouldn’t be noticeable by anybody, Enthusiasts and just regular reservation holders included.Very poorly executed. Not rushing the B&P would have fixed a lot. Look at fca with the trx and 4xe. A reveal and then a B&P and then an order within months like it should be.
Just regular reservation holders are not up in here. Pretty sure they don't give a shit about the color of the stitching on the seats, how many cup holders are in the back seats etc. Most will never know that they were ambushed with a $1600 price increase...

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Sometimes when I try to understand a person’s motives I play a little game. I assume the worst. What’s the worst reason they could possibly have for saying what they say and doing what they do?
“Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity.”

Blitzinger

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tiguan
Your Bronco Model
Base
The bronco die hards will defend the adjustment to the death without realizing the bigger picture.

The Bronco return will Be short lived if they can’t grab a decent market share from Jeep and Toyota. Making sudden changes and bumping up price isn’t a good look if your goal is to bring in non ford owners. theres been numerous times Ford has dropped the ball on this rollout and we are still months from first units being delivered.

the off road community is a relatively niche space, albeit growing, with only a few vehicles in the space that have years of experience. Mistakes like these can’t be afforded for a new entry participant.

end of the day to each his own. At the unveil and first public showing I was totally digging this. Now I don’t come here as much as I can only take so much disappointment

Sponsored

Aman

Badlands
First Name
Aman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1998 M3, 2008 Armada, and 2022 Badlands ManSquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Save your sunshine pump. Guess you have a problem with what "is" means as well. When it says standard with 2.7, and the Check mark appears as included for MONTHS, please tell me this isn't anything but a money grab.
Just regular reservation holders are not up in here. Pretty sure they don't give a shit about the color of the stitching on the seats, how many cup holders are in the back seats etc. Most will never know that they were ambushed with a $1600 price increase...
It's unlikely a money grab or an ambush. It's more likely that the B&P programmers misunderstood the poorly worded documentation.

Occam's Razor

Jpeyer

Badlands
First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 F250 Lariat
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
They will notice if pricing was changed a most people budget and figure out the cost of a vehicle. If that cost is different they will research where the increases came from. $1600 isn’t a lot of money. However, itwas just done in a poor manner. Being told this is what it costs you either pay up or not. Being told one thing and getting comfortable and then being told something else is the issue. The people in charge of these rollouts at Ford need to be recycled into different roles.. restructured. The explorer which has been around and now a major reveal like this. You are right we are the 10% minority. We care a lot more than most. Passionate if you will.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.