Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sierra
Your Bronco Model
Base
There was a "2021 Ford Bronco Preliminary Build & Price
Dealer Quick Reference Guide
" sent out to dealers and was posted on B6G on Nov. 9th (I think). The auto was specifically listed as a standard item with the 2.7L V6, and an optional item with the 2.3L I4 (this info was true for at least the Badlands model). I'd saved a copy of it at the time (see attachment)
1608943149957.png

Someone quoted me in the original thread on the B&P (that thread is now too large for me to keep up) by saying standard does not mean it is free. My interpretation of standard, in this context, means it is included in the price of V6. Otherwise, it would be labeled as optional and/or required option. Just my $0.02.

I'm adjusting my expectations and build as time moves along, just like everyone here.
Game. Set. Match. Nowhere to hide. Headlights, a steering wheel or tires are no longer standard? Great Job!!!!

Jpeyer

Badlands
First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 F250 Lariat
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Unless you used the B&P for a reason to make your reservation and deposit.
Have you ever ordered a vehicle? Build and price/configurator is an exact representation of price/model/trim/accessories/options..

Jpeyer

Badlands
First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 F250 Lariat
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Thereā€™s no such thing as too much. Itā€™s not a necessity and they are not forced to buy it. But 5k above msrp is my target
If you get a granger deal you are saving about 3500. Add tax and you are *+1500 on a msrp. Seems like a waste for $3500. But thatā€™s just me.

Southern Girl

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1974 Bronco/2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

This is an interesting thread, but I have been trying to figure out who Esteban is for months, and why I'm expected to know who he is.

Sponsored

Aman

Badlands
First Name
Aman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1998 M3, 2008 Armada, and 2022 Badlands ManSquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Game. Set. Match. Nowhere to hide. Headlights, a steering wheel or tires are no longer standard? Great Job!!!!
You see the word "Preliminary" at the top of the document, right?

RG7

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
B8 A4, 2018 Triumph Street Triple R
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I continue to be absolutely amazed by those trying to contort their thoughts and words to rationalize why they should be getting a free transmission upgrade, as well as those stating that an obviously broken-from-the-start B&P is a legally binding contract IF YOU HAVE PRINTED OUT AT PICTURE OF YOUR BUILD ??.

Cmon guys Ford are looking at this and laughing their asses off.

They obviously screwed up and continue to screw up. Their failure to communicate makes this process much worse, and I agree itā€™s infuriating that they let this bullshit hang out there for two months without saying a word...

However that doesnā€™t mean a price you once saw is the price of your vehicle. They can still make changes even now. Imagine your realtor accidentally leaving off a zero off of your house listing on Zillow and some jackass starts saying youā€™re legally obligated to sell him the house for 40k.

Aman

Badlands
First Name
Aman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

This is an interesting thread, but I have been trying to figure out who Esteban is for months, and why I'm expected to know who he is.
He is the Bronco brand manager. Very knowledgable and personable fellow. I had the opportunity to have an extended conversation with him.

He never said anything about the pricing of the 10AT and the V6. However, B6G members have decided to blame him for a statement he didn't make. An embarrassment for B6G, but many members still won't let it go.

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
If you canā€™t build a accurate website- how the hell are you going to build a reliable vehicle- just asking.
This would be funny if it wasn't so pathetic. The people on the assembly line don't work part time building the website.

Sponsored

Aman

Badlands
First Name
Aman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Jpeyer

Badlands
First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 F250 Lariat
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
You do realize Forbes' source was likely the flawed and preliminary B&P, right?
The original build and price did not have both inclusive prices. If you looked at the site it prices the 2.7 and 10a 1895 and 1595.

Aman

Badlands
First Name
Aman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The original build and price did not have both inclusive prices. If you looked at the site it prices the 2.7 and 10a 1895 and 1595.
Apologies, I may have misinterpreted what you were saying. Are you in the camp of the 10AT should be free or an extra cost, because the article you cite states...

"There are several differences under the hood as well. Moving from the 2.3-liter to the 2.7-liter engine costs $1,895 and also adds $1,595 for the necessary 10-speed transmission ($3,490 total). The standard shift-on-the-fly part-time 4Ɨ4 offers low and high ranges."
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.