Sponsored

I'll buy used in 3 years, here is my new ride.

King_Bronco0327

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Nice truck, Ford is really losing the focus of it's intended buyers. I am truly starting to believe they will lose half of those 190k reservations:unsure:
I might just be one of those people. Maybe my flame will reignite when ordering opens up.
Sponsored

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
My wife’s car
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I just dropped my Wrangler off for recall work this morning and it was definitely tough looking at all the brand new Jeeps... the temptation was real.
And with all the discounts available right now, it’s a tough decision. The Eco Diesel was very enjoyable and surprisingly quiet. I want to believe the Bronco is going to be everything I expect it to be but with all the issues that have surfaced I have become very skeptical that the Bronco will live up to my expectations. I feel like I have an angel on one shoulder and the devil on the other.

OP
OP
92EddieBauer

92EddieBauer

Black Diamond
First Name
Jordan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW Atlas & Titan XD Platinum
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I think the OP probably did the right thing. It will likely serve him as good as a Bronco and save him $20k or so doing it.

That being said, if you wanted a truck, I do tend to agree that you were not sure what you were getting into with a Bronco. The ONLY reason I want one is for a door and top removable, family friendly 4x4. The only competitor for it is the Wrangler. Trucks, even when 4x4 are a different class of vehicle with some overlap on off-road capabilities and ride height, but do not satisfy my core requirement of removable tops and doors.
I live in the burbs, I want the best looking vehicle at TJ's & maybe get it scratched up when I take it to State Farm or the Cobb braves for a game. I was going to buy a trailer for kayaks anyways with the bronco.

mootruck98

Badlands
First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Nissan Titan
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Congrats on the Titan XD! I love my 2006 Titan. I've pulled a few of my friends F-150s out of the mud with it. I've had it so long it will be hard to part with. I'm trying to figure out a way to keep it around when I need to haul something heavy.

Ignore all the haters saying you weren't a real buyer. Times and situations change. Just because someone doesn't fit their mold of how they want to use their Bronco of the path they took to get there, doesn't make your path any less valid. It's your money do what you want with it.

For me, this Bronco is my Mid-Life crisis convertible, it just happens that it will be 4x4 with 35s! My money is very real, and just because I won't be living in it off-grid or whatever doesn't make it any worse of a decision for me.

snoopcat

Badlands
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
70 Ford Mustang, Mazda CX5
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The comments I am reading here are ridiculous. As of now I am still going to buy the bronco. Although it becomes more and more difficult for the same reasons from the OP. The changes Ford keeps making and not really ever to see or drive the 50K plus vehicle is a leap of faith.

I bought a 2016 accord to hold me over for the next year. The bronco will be my daily driver so I needed something. I also am considering F150 as well because I like the functionality.

It’s ridiculous that some feel that these people cancelling their reservations were never ever going to buy. It may be true for some but from what I have been reading many would have purchased if the launch would have been handled better.

And before anybody starts in on me being a Ford basher or poser I am a Ford guy. My dad worked at Ford for 33 years providing for our family. I truly want to buy the Bronco as besides the F150 it is the only vehicle that I have interest.

Sponsored
OP
OP
92EddieBauer

92EddieBauer

Black Diamond
First Name
Jordan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I might just be one of those people. Maybe my flame will reignite when ordering opens up.
I purchased this from a large ford dealership in Metro Atlanta They said it's been split 50/50 canceling for other options or reserving for 2022.

Bronco21fan

Black Diamond
First Name
Angelo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 bronco black diamond 2 door Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Similarly to other complaints in the group, I"ve turned my down payment into a different vehicle. I couldn't justify spending 50k before tt&l. I'll look at a used black diamond in the future but I picked up a 2017 Titan with 22months/60k miles left on it's factory warranty for ~25k less than a bronco.
IMG-4807.jpg
IMG-4809.jpg
IMG-4817.jpg
Congrats on the truck really nice and love the interior good find nothing wrong doing what you did

Carolina Jim

Black Diamond
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 2-door
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Then why even reserve one If you never wanted to pay 50k for a vehicle you never sat in first? It makes no sense.
The question for Ford is 'how many of those 190,000 reservations are exactly like this?'

Vigor

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I purchased this from a large ford dealership in Metro Atlanta They said it's been split 50/50 canceling for other options or reserving for 2022.
I'd love to find out the real conversion numbers come March. Doubt Ford will share that readily

Rubisquatch

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Wildrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Nice truck and you do what you want to do.

Only thought is that everyone is saying “can’t see it and drive it before you drop $50k” but you can see and drive it before you buy it. When it comes in, you get to see and drive the exact truck you ordered before you pay for it. If you don’t like it then you can still walk away and only lose $100.

The Ford time frame and lackluster communication Is making some people reconsider, simple as that - and that’s ok.

Sponsored

Vigor

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Reservation Number Date so you can maybe get delivery a day earlier in October!
102413657/15/2020

I'm 10233423
So that means I was ahead of you by some 8k reservations anyway right? Making sure i understand Fords reservation number system

lowmpg

Badlands
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F350
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Again, you could be a Mach-E reservation holder who was promised mid-3 second times on a GT only to see the site slowly get all the numbers wrong :)

Wonder how many Mach-E holders are moving on and buying E-Series vans now...

Ford Bronco I'll buy used in 3 years, here is my new ride. Screen Shot 2020-12-28 at 9.36.00 AM

OP
OP
92EddieBauer

92EddieBauer

Black Diamond
First Name
Jordan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I'm not sure I understand the reservation number system, I couldn't get in night one anyways because Ford didn’t pay extra for stable servers. I wasn't a real buyer anyways haha ?‍♂

Last edited:

Aman

Badlands
First Name
Aman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1998 M3, 2008 Armada, and 2022 Badlands ManSquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Similarly to other complaints in the group, I"ve turned my down payment into a different vehicle. I couldn't justify spending 50k before tt&l. I'll look at a used black diamond in the future but I picked up a 2017 Titan with 22months/60k miles left on it's factory warranty for ~25k less than a bronco.
Ford Bronco I'll buy used in 3 years, here is my new ride. Screen Shot 2020-12-28 at 9.36.00 AM
The Titan XD is an awesome truck! Congratulations!!!

AMK610

Big Bend
First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 RAM 1500 Rebel
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Nice truck, don’t see a lot of those on the road. I’m close to pulling the trigger on a new rubicon. I really wanted a bronco, but as we get closer to the order date, there’s way too much uncertainty in the vehicle and in the deal that I’m just not comfortable with it. The jeep is tried and true and will probably end up being a few grand cheaper
Sponsored