Sponsored

I'll buy used in 3 years, here is my new ride.

Pancho Kornwallace

Base
First Name
Pancho
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Base
Lol Ford Gatekeeping here.

Why did you not get an used F-150?
---Price point- to get similar features to this I would be looking at 10-15k more
---Warranty- This has a 5 year 100k bumper to bumper, something the f150 doesn't have

Conclusion: if you are going to drop your terrible takes, you should continue to base your entire thinking off of a YouTube personality.
My previous post was just for fun...

Everyone knows that the most expensive "cheap" used vehicle that you can buy is a Maybach. Just getting random parts like that real "power" curtain (made of the finest fabric) from Latvia and those parts clearing customs will cost you more to maintain than any domestic vehicle.

But the thing is Hoovie's Garage writes off that cost as an expense, then gets 1M to watch the "I bought the cheapest Maybach on sale in the US... am I a fool, with this money pit? Yes I am!"

The value is in the million views, not in actually flipping a Maybach for basically no profit after the expenses.
Sponsored

dcg2

Badlands
First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda CR-V
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

For me, this Bronco is my Mid-Life crisis convertible, it just happens that it will be 4x4 with 35s! My money is very real, and just because I won't be living in it off-grid or whatever doesn't make it any worse of a decision for me.
It's like you took the words out of my head!

kimmnen

Badlands
First Name
Kim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Transit Connect & '22 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I don't understand this comment. Was I not a real buyer? Vehicle classes are not what they were 15 years ago. I just don't feel comfortable dropping 50k on a new product being rushed out during covid that I haven't even been able to sit in. If I was romanticizing about anything it was clear communication & A physical product I can touch before dropping 50k lmao
Real buyer.
Don't take offense but now by making that statement, some take offense...
There are those that really and truly only want a Bronco right or wrong. As is the case for forums and the snips of information provided by members, comments are based on that limited window into why you are making your decision. Some may guess "not a real buyer" based on outcome, purchased a used vehicle not in the same class as a Bronco and then planning on looking for a specific model used Bronco later on (neither being new vehicles) then rationalizing that the "new product is being rushed out" and not being "able to sit in" as further justification in making your decision. Some feel this new product is not being rushed enough and are just tired of the wait. Not judging as we all have our own lives to live and our frustrations are showing. Some just realize it is not the right time for them, loss of jobs or need a vehicle now.
For the rest of us if you are willing to wait, a reservation means getting a somewhat secured spot before the general population can wait for a dealer ordered Bronco to be available on the lots. Even on an order you do not have to take it. I anticipate a Bronco will be available to sit in before I get mine but I too want a Bronco now. There is nothing else out there that I am interested in and I am familiar enough with Ford Products, 52yrs+, that I will take my chances. Good luck with your purchase and wondering if you will still be looking in on us as we talk about our Broncos. We may be out having so much fun that we will not have as much time for chit-chat... Dropping 50k+ in my case - hope to enjoy it now because later is not really an option!!! Be careful out there and wishing all A Happy New Year.

Sponsored
OP
OP
92EddieBauer

92EddieBauer

Black Diamond
First Name
Jordan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW Atlas & Titan XD Platinum
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Real buyer.
Don't take offense but now by making that statement, some take offense...
There are those that really and truly only want a Bronco right or wrong. As is the case for forums and the snips of information provided by members, comments are based on that limited window into why you are making your decision. Some may guess "not a real buyer" based on outcome, purchased a used vehicle not in the same class as a Bronco and then planning on looking for a specific model used Bronco later on (neither being new vehicles) then rationalizing that the "new product is being rushed out" and not being "able to sit in" as further justification in making your decision. Some feel this new product is not being rushed enough and are just tired of the wait. Not judging as we all have our own lives to live and our frustrations are showing. Some just realize it is not the right time for them, loss of jobs or need a vehicle now.
For the rest of us if you are willing to wait, a reservation means getting a somewhat secured spot before the general population can wait for a dealer ordered Bronco to be available on the lots. Even on an order you do not have to take it. I anticipate a Bronco will be available to sit in before I get mine but I too want a Bronco now. There is nothing else out there that I am interested in and I am familiar enough with Ford Products, 52yrs+, that I will take my chances. Good luck with your purchase and wondering if you will still be looking in on us as we talk about our Broncos. We may be out having so much fun that we will not have as much time for chit-chat... Dropping 50k+ in my case - hope to enjoy it now because later is not really an option!!! Be careful out there and wishing all A Happy New Year.
Awesome response!

As the title says, I'll buy one in 3 years when it's depreciated & I'm confident it is fairly problem free. I could have gone into more detail but I was ready to strike on a good vehicle deal after switching jobs were I lost a work truck. I've been after a bronco since my 92 died in 2014 but I'm not going anywhere.

bronco_maybe

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Equinox(company car), Silverado Z71, Elantra GT
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I am one of those " romanticizing " the Bronco. I did the same thing (to a lesser extent) when the Gladiator came out. Love the idea of rugged open air fun and have been pouring over posts and images for many, many months. My minivan gave up the ghost some time ago and have been needing a family utility vehicle. Could not justify waiting for who knows how long for a new vehicle with no reliability history so picked up a crew cab truck.

Funny thing is that the wife LOVES driving the truck and I still have a long term plan that in 4-5 years the truck can go to her and I can then get a "fun vehicle." Bronco_Maybe

mkennedy009

Wildtrak
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Triumph Bonneville T100 110th Anniversary
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Good on you, buy what you need now and if there is a used market in 3 years, purchase a used Bronco, hopefully the ones for sale will not be the messed up ones you talked about (covid-car) and you hope FoMoCo has caught up the the demand. If not just push your purchase out another 2 years, I am sure in 5 years the market will settle and you will be able to walk into a dealership and walk out with a Bronco. Waiting for what you want and then getting it is a very satisfying feeling.

BellyRat

Black Diamond
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I'm getting very frustrated with this whole process myself. Trouble is I'm just not passionate about any other vehicle out there right now. I have an older F250 and could probably use a new one. But spending 60 to 70 grand on another Diesel truck aint gonna happen. And the thought of spending 40 to 50 grand to be one of just another 10 BILLION guys driving another "boring" 1/2 ton pickup just aint doing it for me.

I'll sticking it out....for now anyway! ;)

Sponsored
OP
OP
92EddieBauer

92EddieBauer

Black Diamond
First Name
Jordan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW Atlas & Titan XD Platinum
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Good on you, buy what you need now and if there is a used market in 3 years, purchase a used Bronco, hopefully the ones for sale will not be the messed up ones you talked about (covid-car) and you hope FoMoCo has caught up the the demand. If not just push your purchase out another 2 years, I am sure in 5 years the market will settle and you will be able to walk into a dealership and walk out with a Bronco. Waiting for what you want and then getting it is a very satisfying feeling.
That's the plan! You might be the only sane All American I've seen! 101st Abn here

BroncoT

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Very nice, I plan to make a call before placing my deposit. Jeep Rubicon versus Bronco Badlands. The 2.7L price hike opened my mind up. I also think MY22 customers (like me) haven’t seen the last price gouge OR delay. On the flip side, the Bronco is a better design IMO.

I’m fairly shocked by the audacity of raising the price while rolling out delays. My guess is Farley has the classic, ‘let’s see how much money we can separate from the customer’ attitude. It’s been nothing but bad news since he took over.

drive21bronco

Black Diamond
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I don't know that they are losing focus of real buyers...not many people buying a full size pick-up or Camaro, or whatever completely different class of vehicle were never really going to buy a Bronco...they were just romanticizing about it for a while.
I have to agree with this, its not like these people are going out and buying Wranglers, even then those people were really not that interested in buying the new Bronco in the first place. Ford is not dumb, they know they are not going to be fulfilling all of the initial reservations. They probably even have a very good idea of how many of those actual reservations will turn to orders (they have been around since 1903 you know) Ford will be doing just fine once these start rolling off the production line and to the dealers lots. Id like to think that there are a lot of people on this forum like me who have been waiting 5-6 Years for this moment when Ford told us they were bringing the Bronco back, not just 5-6 Months ago when in July Ford finally showed us the new Bronco.

Last edited:

gentlemanbronco

Base
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford fiesta 5.0
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Man people are really flaming this guy for jumping ship.
Not everyone is comfortable dropping almost 50k on a vehicle that hasn't had any reviews, real world test drives, or even been seen in person.
With all of the further delays, people are ignorant to think the first year model won't have a fair share of issues.
Its almost certain there will be sealing issues with the various tops letting air/water in.
At this point im just holding my reservation to see what happens. I most likely won't be ordering MY21/22, definitely going to hold off til there are bettter options and discounts.
What is so special about the 1st year model besides it being first and missing out on improvements further down the line?

RoLyMa27

Badlands
First Name
Rodney
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco, 22 Maverick
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
For the life of my I just can't understand why this is such an emotional roller coaster for some people??? I remember when I first saw the concept Bronco in Car and Driver many years ago...I thought then...if that thing ever makes it to production and it looks close to that...DAMN I will buy me one! Well,...here I am all these years later holding my reservation ticket, standing in line with a big ass grin on my face knowing that in a few months I'm gonna be driving my new Bronco!:D:):D:p:):):cool::cool::cool:
Sponsored