First Name
Pancho
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Base
Bronco Sport has a fixed roof but rubber seat backs. Bronco has removable roof but carpeted seat backs. Makes sense to me!
Esteban told us that it does not work because of the door storage thing.
Sponsored

jxc

Badlands
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Accord/CX-5/A5 Cab
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The only saving grace for Ford is that the vast majority of reservation holders are not following 6g or BN and will likely never see this unmitigated disaster of a "Q&A" session. This Esteban fellow has been fed to the sharks by Ford management. The entire release has been an ill conceived, confusing, botched mess of missed dates, greedy upsells, misleading communication (B&P), and most of all, oversold dreams crushed with restrictions, exclusions and excuses. Nearly everywhere you look there is some sort of gotcha. No doubt the Bronco is going to be great, but damn, could they make it any more depressing and painful a process. -- Perhaps Ford doesn't really care - as I said at the start, the majority of reservation holders are not paying attention. As for me, we'll see what happens in March - seriously pondering whether I can live with a 60k compromise.

Pancho Kornwallace

Base
First Name
Pancho
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Base
I like Esteban. And I like his workshop.

As for the Bronco, if you order a Base Bronco with nothing on it, like me, you can get it for under $30K with delivery, as promised. That is an incredible deal! So far, I have not been disappointed for my specific "as base as you can get, but with the switches and the roof rack/canoe strap" build. The pipe dream of Sasquatch on it is gone, but I probably don't need that anyway.

Last edited:

Kdog

Black Diamond
First Name
ChrisK
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CrV
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
The Bronco Odyssey edition projected for future MY. It will replace the towing package in its entirety.
I have to apologize as the central vac is immediately available...remove doors and top and maintain highway speed for 10 minutes.

VGK_Fan

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Audi S5 Sportback, 2021 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Esteban told us that it does not work because of the door storage thing.
I know, I watched the whole low-energy video. The doors have storage bags. It's a cop-out. Aftermarket will come up with some covers for the carpet and I was just being a smart-ass

Sponsored

wvmtneer

Banned
First Edition
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

I still don't get how a rubber cargo area would scratch the stored doors any more than carpet would.
Because “physics” according to one member on here.

Shifty

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi Q7
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Screenshot 2020-12-31 at 6.58.16 AM.jpg

Pricing change is expected. However, this is a different situation where reservation holders are in one group and getting either a MY21 or MY22. I think both groups are expecting the same pricing across the board.
You can't have this.....

0A6D7505-62D1-4716-8B25-8A47FA36DC26.jpeg
Or this

Ford Bronco Build & Price Update from Ford – Q&A with Bronco Brand Manager 1609432423211

Vigor

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
You can't have this.....

0A6D7505-62D1-4716-8B25-8A47FA36DC26.jpeg
You certainly can. You just have to wait for parts to provide it to you
Bronco Sport has a fixed roof but rubber seat backs. Bronco has removable roof but carpeted seat backs. Makes sense to me!
When you put it that way, wow this is quite an oversight. They made a huge deal about the MGVseats and drainplugs and silicon buttons and everything water resistant and then... carpet in the back ?

whatever I'm laughing about it. I will only have my roof off once a year unless I move to a warmer climate. But it's definitely an oversight and a downside to going with a year1 product
The only saving grace for Ford is that the vast majority of reservation holders are not following 6g or BN and will likely never see this unmitigated disaster of a "Q&A" session. This Esteban fellow has been fed to the sharks by Ford management. The entire release has been an ill conceived, confusing, botched mess of missed dates, greedy upsells, misleading communication (B&P), and most of all, oversold dreams crushed with restrictions, exclusions and excuses. Nearly everywhere you look there is some sort of gotcha. No doubt the Bronco is going to be great, but damn, could they make it any more depressing and painful a process. -- Perhaps Ford doesn't really care - as I said at the start, the majority of reservation holders are not paying attention. As for me, we'll see what happens in March - seriously pondering whether I can live with a 60k compromise.
No snark. But what are you compromising?

broncoj11

Badlands
First Name
Trunks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Nissan Frontier Pro 4X
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

At this point I’m wondering how the bronco team is till employed. They should just be replaced by the F-150 team. At least they know how to launch a fucking configurator correctly fuck

Sponsored

Vigor

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Hey b6g, I don't feel like watching the full video again. WHat did he say about the tailgate?? Its late availability right?
I think I'm going to try and force my day 2 reservation into a my22 and that tailgate (plus my mandatory black modular top) might be the key.... ? ?

broncoj11

Badlands
First Name
Trunks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Nissan Frontier Pro 4X
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yes you can. My22
Not that interior though. Not even completely sure about the grille or door handles either.

rjkmoto

Black Diamond
First Name
JK
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Dodge Challenger Hemi 392 Scatpack Shaker, 2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Thank you Esteban . I for one appreciate the fact that this guy comes out and tries hard to provide information to everyone, including those who complain that they don't get information. I don't take exception to anything that he said in this video and I appreciate the info. He is professional and candid.
With vague answers, new restrictions, lame excuses and all only two weeks before orders open.

Sure. Professionalism at its finest. ?‍♂

He is but the messenger but he keeps cashing his paycheck so he gets a little heat too.

JK

Casual Pork

Black Diamond
First Name
Cardo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 4D Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I know, I watched the whole low-energy video. The doors have storage bags. It's a cop-out. Aftermarket will come up with some covers for the carpet and I was just being a smart-ass
I'm hoping too that some sort of aftermarket solution (or creative Ford solution) becomes available by mid-March.

Who the hell wants soggy, stinky, moldy carpeting in their $40K+ washout interior Bronco?
Sponsored