First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Inifiniti
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Good for you to make a responsible decision that fits your budget/basic needs. You will get validation and support from this forum on that piece.

step one is coming to grips with the fact that you have a new escape with a Bronco badge. I don’t believe you will get the majority to validate that a Bronco Sport is still a Bronco.

Wish you the best in your 12 step recovery program
I know it is not a real Bronco. Can you give me a few days please. It wasn't easy!:cry:
Sponsored

BlueBronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 F150 KR - '21 BL - 23' OBX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Congrats. I like the BL/BL version of the Sport and think it is plenty capable. I could see one in our driveway replacing the wife's Flex. Don't listen to any of the negative comments. You bought it for you and not for them. However, I do wish Ford would have named it the Colt instead of the Sport.

Drex

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'13 SLK55 AMG, '15 Indian Chief, '15 WRX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
glad you got what fits you best, really am, and for those that claim you didn't get a real Bronco...Well, they're right. More than 2/3rd of them are not getting a 2-door, so they ain't getting a real Bronco either, so you will have plenty of company. Matter of fact, you probably are getting a lot better fit than most per use of your hard earned dollar. If there was only an automatic, I would have never gotten on this crazy train to begin with.

DC9atnight

Black Diamond
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I had my build all ready to go for ordering, 2-door Badlands, sasquatch, high package....the works. $55.5k out the door. After a thousand questions since submitting my reservation on July 14th and almost as many rebuilds and brand comparisons I asked myself one final and simple question --- Please put your ego in your back pocket for 5 minutes and ask yourself what would be the best 4-wheeler to fit your REAL needs. After a few minutes of thought, and a few tears I must admit, I blurted out "Bronco Sport"!

And there you have it...I have done the unthinkable. Yesterday I marched into my local Ford dealer and ordered a Bronco Sport Badlands (no way I wasn't getting a Badlands!). Fully loaded, $40.1K out the door! (Dealer gave me a $750 discount --- maybe he felt sorry for me).

Funny thing is, I have never felt better about my Bronco choice. I know there are a lot of way more important things going on, but in the little Bronco universe that I have been swirling in of late, it felt like a weight had lifted from my shoulders. Black and white turned to color. I swear I saw a Munchkin yesterday hopping over my backyard fence.

Anyway, I put this out there to help any others that may know what the right choice should be, but think they are alone.

It is still a Bronco, after all.
Wow. How did a reasonable sane person wander on to this forum and how did you have the guts to tell us this as we are in the middle of deciding whether 37s or 40s will be aggressive enough? Five percent of us nuts will use this vehicle as intended and the other 95 percent of us nuts will try to either impress ourselves or others , relive our youth and try to spark a little joy out of a miserable year or two. Congratulations and I'll still give you the secret Bronco wave when we pass each other at the mall.

Tdubz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Bronco sports are nice. They are missing a few features and seem a few thousand over priced, but besides that they are a nice vehicle.

Sponsored

Toccoa

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Isuzu Rodeo Sport
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Damn, now I have to start thinking again. On second thought, the wife would not go for that.
Oh, you said you didn’t give up your reservation. So, I assumed you were still getting a Bronco.

OP
OP

Blindturtle

Badlands
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Inifiniti
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Wow. How did a reasonable sane person wander on to this forum and how did you have the guts to tell us this as we are in the middle of deciding whether 37s or 40s will be aggressive enough? Five percent of us nuts will use this vehicle as intended and the other 95 percent of us nuts will try to either impress ourselves or others , relive our youth and try to spark a little joy out of a miserable year or two. Congratulations and I'll still give you the secret Bronco wave when we pass each other at the mall.
I did upgrade to the 235/65 R17 A/T Off-Road Tire. Monsters!
Oh, you said you didn’t give up your reservation. So, I assumed you were still getting a Bronco.
All in good time my pretty.

DryYourTears

Badlands
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Defender, 51 Ford F1, motorcycles
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I had my build all ready to go for ordering, 2-door Badlands, sasquatch, high package....the works. $55.5k out the door. After a thousand questions since submitting my reservation on July 14th and almost as many rebuilds and brand comparisons I asked myself one final and simple question --- Please put your ego in your back pocket for 5 minutes and ask yourself what would be the best 4-wheeler to fit your REAL needs. After a few minutes of thought, and a few tears I must admit, I blurted out "Bronco Sport"!

And there you have it...I have done the unthinkable. Yesterday I marched into my local Ford dealer and ordered a Bronco Sport Badlands (no way I wasn't getting a Badlands!). Fully loaded, $40.1K out the door! (Dealer gave me a $750 discount --- maybe he felt sorry for me).

Funny thing is, I have never felt better about my Bronco choice. I know there are a lot of way more important things going on, but in the little Bronco universe that I have been swirling in of late, it felt like a weight had lifted from my shoulders. Black and white turned to color. I swear I saw a Munchkin yesterday hopping over my backyard fence.

Anyway, I put this out there to help any others that may know what the right choice should be, but think they are alone.

It is still a Bronco, after all.
Congrats on your purchase! I looked at a few since they arrived on dealer lots. I like them and they're definitely capable enough for me, but I have an Escape currently and really need something a bit larger for doing longer trips (wife + two dogs + gear). I'm sticking with the full-size, but the sports are mighty fine.

Personally, the only change I should make is not getting a Badlands, but the leather option interior is the only one I really like, so I'll stick with overkill. :p

Bronco4lyfe85

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Challenger Scat Pack
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
They’re good looking enough, tried to persuade the wife that it’s what she should get, no dice. She’s convinced she wants the Bronco, won’t budge. I’m okay with that though, same badge, vastly different vehicle.

MJJ

Wildtrak
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Wrangler Rubicon, Jeep Wagoneer, Colorado ZR2
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I know it is not a real Bronco. Can you give me a few days please. It wasn't easy!:cry:
I give you credit for your decision. There were many things I wanted when I was younger that I could have afforded but it would have put me in a bind if I hit an unexpected crossroads. I watched others spend like drunken sailors. In the end things worked out well taking a conservative approach. Some of those drunken sailors are still paying on their mortgages and are upside down in multiple luxury vehicles. Thankfully I am free of that which now allows me to buy what I want not what makes the most financial sense.

you sound like you have a good head on your shoulders. You will get there over time. Enjoy your new sport. They are nice vehicles.

Sponsored

Beach_Bum

Black Diamond
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Diamond Bronco, 2023 Outerbanks Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

The question remains - what color and did you opt for the faux-steelies?

I'll continue to watch the Sport as it is fully capable. I wasn't okay with the stale tech. No way should Sync 3 be on a new vehicle. I'm also hoping that they squeeze the 2.3L in the bay. It takes up the same footprint as the 2.0. Add a minor lift and stuff some rubber on the faux-steelies and it is just about right. If the SportHog comes to fruition, it will be parked alongside his big brother.

JesseS

Badlands
First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jayco AY26, Honda F6B, CR-V
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I would be right there with you, Sport Badlands/Badlands fully loaded as a <TOW> vehicle and Overland Adventure vehicle, had one on order before I found out it cannot be towed, and I refuse to trailer a 4X4 around the country.

TripleB

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Base Sas 2.7L, 2023 GMC AT4 HDD
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

More reasonably priced for sure. Reminds me of the new defender. You can get the larger sunroof? Keep us posted.

JesseS

Badlands
First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jayco AY26, Honda F6B, CR-V
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I give you credit for your decision. There were many things I wanted when I was younger that I could have afforded but it would have put me in a bind if I hit an unexpected crossroads. I watched others spend like drunken sailors. In the end things worked out well taking a conservative approach. Some of those drunken sailors are still paying on their mortgages and are upside down in multiple luxury vehicles. Thankfully I am free of that which now allows me to buy what I want not what makes the most financial sense.

you sound like you have a good head on your shoulders. You will get there over time. Enjoy your new sport. They are nice vehicles.
Good for you, that's our story also, two cars, a motorcycle, and a motorhome and no payments, got our RMD's last week and decided to pay off the house as well, and will pay cash for the bronco.... delayed gratification is the bomb!!

jrstorm1007

Big Bend
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco, 2007 Ford Edge
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I've been trying to convince my wife on trading in her Edge to get the sport, then we'd have one of each. They're pretty nice and very capable too.
Sponsored