Squatch

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The First Editions are left out. The allocation each dealership receives is based off of all reservations excluding FE. FE will be given to dealers on top of their regular allocation. It is not factored in.
That's what I thought, but the wording as follows allows my mind to be ipen to the possibility that the opposite is true:
Will we be collecting dealer orders locally, similar to how we do specialties like Raptor and GT500?
  • We will be collecting Bronco First Editions (within dealer allocation) dealer orders. More details to come at future wholesales.
Sponsored

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
This video has his take on ordering. Not much really new. He did take a swipe at a well known dealer.

TXBronco

Black Diamond
First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I wonder how this will effect @Granger Ford
They likely need as many reservations to convert as possible for MY21 in order to keep their allocation up, but I'm sure a lot will want to wait and convert when order banks for 22 open. Myself included.

NotAnonymous

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
More answers in today's dealer email.

• If a customer converts an order based on the 21MY but gets pushed to 22MY, will they be able to resubmit or update an order for 22MY?
    • Yes. Orders can be updated until they are scheduled for production.
  • Should dealerships be converting as many Bronco reservations as they can during the conversion window?
    • Yes, except for those customers who want a 22MY Bronco. Converting will allow us to provide those customers with an estimated delivery window in May.
  • If a dealership’s allocation exceeds their count of converted orders that fit the commodity restrictions, can they build stock units?
    • No dealer will have more 21MY allocation than orders.
  • Is there any benefit to converting a reservation to order earlier within the Jan 20th – Mar 19th period?
    • No. The customer’s reservation time stamp will stay attached to the order. The time stamp will help determine build priority. Converting a reservation earlier will not impact production timing.
  • Do reservations ever expire?
    • There is no expiration date for reservations at this time.
  • If a customer wants options that are late availability 21MY, should they convert their reservation to an order?
    • Yes. Converting reservations during the conversion window will ensure customers receive an estimated delivery window in May. It does not, however guarantee a 21MY Bronco
  • If a customer wants options that are not available until 22MY, should they still convert their reservation to an order between 1/20/2021 – 3/19/2021?
    • We recommend you capture their decision and let them know their reservation timestamp carries over to 22MY and you will contact them when the 22MY order bank opens. Details on 22MY ordering will be available this summer.
  • Will deferring a reservation to 22MY negatively impact a customer’s timestamp?
    • No. We will continue to utilize timestamps as a factor to determine when units will be built. Other factors include dealership allocation and order/package availability.
  • Will we be collecting dealer orders locally, similar to how we do specialties like Raptor and GT500?
    • We will be collecting Bronco First Editions (within dealer allocation) dealer orders. More details to come at future wholesales.
  • Did the 21MY allocation formula change?
    • The allocation formula is unchanged from what was communicated on the September 25 broadcast
  • When will Lease rates and residuals be available?
    • Rates will be available next Tuesday when order bank opens.
  • Are First Editions going to be built first?
    • First Editions will be built throughout 21MY production, e.g. some will want the black painted modular hard top which is late availability
  • Will Ford be doing any turn-key test drive events for dealers in Q2 prior to deliveries in Q3?
    • The recently announced Bronco FCTP program will serve as the primary program to provide reservation holders with test drives during the wait. Additionally, customers will be able to register and attend the Bronco Off-Roadeo driving school ahead of taking delivery of their Bronco.
This may be some of the most helpful info I've seen during this entire ordeal, er, process! Thx a ton!

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
They likely need as many reservations to convert as possible for MY21 in order to keep their allocation up, but I'm sure a lot will want to wait and convert when order banks for 22 open. Myself included.
The video above suggests he thinks they will have problems.

Sponsored

pan-y-cerveza

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma Pro
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

So if someone with an early reservation wants to order on 3/19 the dealer’s gonna hold their spot.

Good luck with that!
Why good luck?.

Dealer can submit in any order and it doesn't matter. Ford will reshuffle.

Suke996

First Edition
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco First Edition (Reservation)
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

So Honest question, First Edition reservation holder. Would like the Modular Black painted top and Black Interior. Still order now?

BroncoJay

Badlands
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Simple answer is don’t....
Still doesn’t answer my question though...

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

It may not matter at all for them specifically. Since allocation estimates already released appear to be basically the same percentage across all dealers... allocations would just scale with dealer order size.

The thing that would make a difference, and for the customer not the dealer, would be if the people who decide to defer to MY22 are disproportionally early or late reservations.

Say a dealer has 100 orders, and they are are allocated 30 for MY21....*

If the later 50 people defer then you drop to 50 orders for MY21 and 15 allocations... so half of the early reservations who would have gotten a Bronco before this move, fall out into MY22.

Conversely, if the first 50 drop, then all of a sudden 15 people get pumped up who were never in the running for a MY21 to begin with.

I think what’s more likely is that it could be dispersed more or less randomly, so practically speaking, none of this actually matters.

Also, either please, or don’t dare, check my math on that.

*Huge and gross generalization and assumption for the purpose of making this simple

::EDIT::
The more I think about this the more it doesn’t matter, since allocation formula is calculated on actual MY21 orders... and this whole thought experiment hinges on comparing the eventual outcome against some hypothetical situation that was never real to begin with.

Last edited:

Broncodave

Black Diamond
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Challenger/Nissan Xterra
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

So Honest question, First Edition reservation holder. Would like the Modular Black painted top and Black Interior. Still order now?
I don't get it. Why wouldn't you order now? What do you gain by waiting?

Sponsored

Kos

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I wish they would leave the FEs out of the allocation model.
They still have to be built. It would just reduce the # of allocations a dealer gets because available production would be reduced by 7k units.

Used2jeep

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Crown Vic P71
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

This video has his take on ordering. Not much really new. He did take a swipe at a well known dealer.
Allocation is on a monthly basis. That's good to know. Nobody has ever answered that until now.

Razorback

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lincoln MKX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I thought that someone said the FE’s weren’t going to be in the normal dealer allocation? The other day on the allocation thread?
I've always thought they would be included as they are just on of the trim models but just limited availability. Still have the same commodity constraints as the others.

Last edited:

Happytown

Badlands
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 F150 Eco SCREW 4WD
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I would almost bet now that this seems to be cleared up (fingers crossed), most that want a '21 can get a '21 because of those of us '22ers willing to wait. Hope it works out for everyone
Sponsored