ChompSticks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'02 E55 wagon, '98 Suzuki X-90, '96 Town Car
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

My dealer went ahead and put my order in even though I have a 2/22 reservation.... šŸ˜‚ he said it didnā€™t hurt to do so as commodities could push me up the line. He doubts it though and Iā€™ll most likely be reordering in the summer for a MY22
Sponsored

418hotrod

Base
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 GT500 , 2000 F-350
Your Bronco Model
Base
The dealer CAN put the order in now.
In the event it does not make their 2021 allocation and gets pushed to 2022, it will have to be re-ordered when MY22 ordering opens this summer/fall.
I'd recommend you put the order in now. Ford will tell you in May when expected delivery is.
I don't see a downside to ordering now vs waiting till later.

For the dealer, it is advantageous to enter your order now. The dealer allocation is largely based on the # of (pre 9/18) reservations converted to orders. Not ordering will actually hurt their allocation.

Consider ordering from another dealer if your present isn't cooperating.
This
The dealer CAN put the order in now.
In the event it does not make their 2021 allocation and gets pushed to 2022, it will have to be re-ordered when MY22 ordering opens this summer/fall.
I'd recommend you put the order in now. Ford will tell you in May when expected delivery is.
I don't see a downside to ordering now vs waiting till later.

For the dealer, it is advantageous to enter your order now. The dealer allocation is largely based on the # of (pre 9/18) reservations converted to orders. Not ordering will actually hurt their allocation.

Consider ordering from another dealer if your present isn't cooperating.
I believe he's seeing the downside as having to do the ordering process twice and is reluctant to do so. That's the part is wasn't sure about, having to redo the order. Thank you for the information. I may still switch to Granger as originally planned, as they're only a couple hours away. Tick tock....

fire282

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hummer H3
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Timestamp just applied to new reservation (7/13/20) old reservation that was converted to order by old dealer is still showing (want my $100 back) I've been in contact with new dealer to hold off for a MY22 (options) He said they would code 99 until ordering for 22 that should happen maybe by summer. Hoping this puts me high up on the MY22 list.

Husker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Would it be possible to change Models after a submitted order (3/20) but before production begins and not lose your original spot in line ya had with the reservation?
I know ya can change options.

Frankie

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Accord
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I made a reservation for a 2 door Badlands on 10/04/20. Today I get an email from Ford saying to convert to an order by 3/19 in order to get an estimated delivery window in May.

Called the dealer told him what options I wanted, he said he thought it'd be built in 3-4 months.

Never asked me for my reservation number.

I log in to my Ford account and see that my reservation was converted to an order on 2/23 without my knowledge.

This whole thing is leaving a bad taste in my mouth and I wonder if the dealer was planning on putting me in as a new reservation and then just putting my previous reservation (now an order) on the lot with an ADM. Except my reservation doesn't seem early enough to make that really worth it for them but who knows.

I also question the likelihood that I'd get a vehicle by June even with the 10/4/20 reservation. I was figuring it'd be months later if not MY2022, and I don't really feel like giving a dealership an additional deposit for a vehicle that I may not see for a long time.

Any input here? Am I off base on any of this?

Sponsored

dcg2

Badlands
First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda CR-V
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I made a reservation for a 2 door Badlands on 10/04/20.
Called the dealer told him what options I wanted, he said he thought it'd be built in 3-4 months.
Does he smoke crack all the time?

Never asked me for my reservation number.
He could look it up himself

I log in to my Ford account and see that my reservation was converted to an order on 2/23 without my knowledge.
Shady but not awful if you intended to order from him

This whole thing is leaving a bad taste in my mouth and I wonder if the dealer was planning on putting me in as a new reservation and then just putting my previous reservation (now an order) on the lot with an ADM.
I wouldn't be happy about it, but I was careful to pick a dealer I thought wouldnt pull any shenanighans.

I also question the likelihood that I'd get a vehicle by June even with the 10/4/20 reservation. I was figuring it'd be months later if not MY2022, and I don't really feel like giving a dealership an additional deposit for a vehicle that I may not see for a long time.
You should. You're not getting a Bronco in MY '21 unless you have no commodity restrained items and the stars align.

Any input here? Am I off base on any of this?
Nope. On base.

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Would it be possible to change Models after a submitted order (3/20) but before production begins and not lose your original spot in line ya had with the reservation?
I know ya can change options.
I wish I could say this with 100% confidence, but pretty sure we have been told that up until the VIN, you can make changes. Ford even said that they are going to let people know what options would delay their order and thus allowing them to make changes if desired.

But Ford has said alot of things... Most have turned out wrong. šŸ¤·

Cbus

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic Type R
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I have looked through various threads but am not sure there is an answer.

I converted my order, if I don't end up getting a MY21 (I don't expect to but to me figured it is worth a shot) will I still get an estimate in May of when I would get it or no estimate until it is reordered as a MY22? I.e is the estimate coming in May only for MY21 or anyone that converted their order by the March 19th deadline even if they get pushed to MY22?

Jhuff

Badlands
First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tacoma and DR650
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I just received an email that my reservation had been converted. From what I am reading, this isn't a huge problem.... unless I get the job I just applied for which is several states away.

Does the order conversion limit my ability to change dealers?

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I just received an email that my reservation had been converted. From what I am reading, this isn't a huge problem.... unless I get the job I just applied for which is several states away.

Does the order conversion limit my ability to change dealers?
Basically yes. Youā€™re ā€œlocked inā€ to that dealer.

Some people had their orders converted without their consent, and Ford was able to work with them to set up a new reservation with a different dealer and then have their original timestamp transferred over...

My question for you is: Do you want to order a Bronco?

It seems odd that youā€™d be surprised at this point that an order has been submitted for you.

If your question is more around what do you do if you have to move... you either drive your Bronco home, have it shipped, or have your dealer do a courtesy delivery with a local dealer to your new home.

Those are all discussions you should have with your current dealer.

Sponsored

Jhuff

Badlands
First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tacoma and DR650
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Basically yes. Youā€™re ā€œlocked inā€ to that dealer.

Some people had their orders converted without their consent, and Ford was able to work with them to set up a new reservation with a different dealer and then have their original timestamp transferred over...

My question for you is: Do you want to order a Bronco?

It seems odd that youā€™d be surprised at this point that an order has been submitted for you.

If your question is more around what do you do if you have to move... you either drive your Bronco home, have it shipped, or have your dealer do a courtesy delivery with a local dealer to your new home.

Those are all discussions you should have with your current dealer.
Thanks for the response. Yes, I am 100% ready order a Bronco, but a MY22 due to Mansquatch.

I have been discussion options with my preferred salesman, and we decided not to convert; then an email from an unrecognized name came from that same dealer mentioning the conversion. Thus, the surprise.

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Thanks for the response. Yes, I am 100% ready order a Bronco, but a MY22 due to Mansquatch.

I have been discussion options with my preferred salesman, and we decided not to convert; then an email from an unrecognized name came from that same dealer mentioning the conversion. Thus, the surprise.
Got it.

Yeah, there are basically two ways to wait for a MY22.

The first is to just let the reservation sit and not touch it. Once MY22 banks open thatā€™s when you convert to an order.

The second, and Ford ā€œpreferredā€ method is to convert it now with the 99 priority code. While it does ā€œlock you inā€ to that dealer, it gets it into the system. Not only does it make it clear to everyone involved you are a real person who intends to order (and not just a lost reservation floating around), it gives Ford a general idea on what to expect MY22 orders will look like.

It sounds like they did option 2... but did technically ā€œconvertā€ your reservation to an order, albeit a 99 one.

Maybe a misunderstanding on what your or their intentions were.

Cdrdan71

Outer Banks
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Got it.

Yeah, there are basically two ways to wait for a MY22.

The first is to just let the reservation sit and not touch it. Once MY22 banks open thatā€™s when you convert to an order.

The second, and Ford ā€œpreferredā€ method is to convert it now with the 99 priority code. While it does ā€œlock you inā€ to that dealer, it gets it into the system. Not only does it make it clear to everyone involved you are a real person who intends to order (and not just a lost reservation floating around), it gives Ford a general idea on what to expect MY22 orders will look like.

It sounds like they did option 2... but did technically ā€œconvertā€ your reservation to an order, albeit a 99 one.

Maybe a misunderstanding on what your or their intentions were.
This is what my Dealer just told me. Said my order was converted but not ordered. I wanted to change some things on my order but since they only have 140 allocations and I'm 198. They said I will just change what I want in fall for a 2022 model. I wanted a painted top but can't get until 22. I did receive the original Ford email when I converted.
Does that sound correct?

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

This is what my Dealer just told me. Said my order was converted but not ordered. I wanted to change some things on my order but since they only have 140 allocations and I'm 198. They said I will just change what I want in fall for a 2022 model. I wanted a painted top but can't get until 22. I did receive the original Ford email when I converted.
Does that sound correct?
100%

Ford Bronco Bronco Reservations Converted to Order Dealer FAQ [as of January 29] 582892DE-EB42-4C7A-9D21-79FA04CAED8D

Cdrdan71

Outer Banks
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Thanks, I've been going back and forth so much--but I really want to build a really retro Bronco like my old 1971. I really wish I would have kept it. That 351 Windsor was awesome.
Sponsored