Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Well its not a theory, but it is somewhat of a "conspiracy". Ford takes your driving data and sells it to the multiple insurance companies they've partnered with. Ins company then bases your rate on how/where you drive.
I live on the Tail of the Dragon, good thing I dont drive my truck on it ?
Sponsored

OP
OP

Deleted member 13702

Well its not a theory, but it is somewhat of a "conspiracy". Ford takes your driving data and sells it to the multiple insurance companies they've partnered with. Ins company then bases your rate on how/where you drive.
I would imagine that this is only if you opt in. Without going to far down a rabbit hole, anyone that use this know if itā€™s like most other apps where you have to give it permission to share with 3rd parties?

Ksjrb03

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

FordPass is awesome and very useful. Already some great responses I cant really add to, other than once they finally add Siri integration it will be perfect. "Hey Siri start my Bronco" :cool:

Vigor

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
FordPass is awesome and very useful. Already some great responses I cant really add to, other than once they finally add Siri integration it will be perfect. "Hey Siri start my Bronco" :cool:
Ohh good suggestion. Wonder if fordpass is Alexa connected

Gonna do a quick Google

Sponsored

theslide

Big Bend
First Name
Slide
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Iā€™ve had Ford Pass on my Edge since ā€˜19 and love it. You can initially start the car for a 15 minute interval with the option to extend for an additional 15 minutes start time (30 total). The only hitch to the system is that you canā€™t control AC/heat temp or on/off from appā€”so you have to leave the AC/heat setting the last time you use the car and pre-decide what temp. So if you were using AC yesterday when you last used the vehicle and itā€™s cold the next morningā€”guess what, the AC will be onā€”not the heaterā€”or vise versa. So if Ford reads this: please add temp control on/off to the app..

Killed By Death

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW M2C
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Siri sucks and I hate her even tho I'm an Apple person. She can barely figure out how to turn my lights on and off. She is BY FAR the dumbest and least integrated of all the systems!!!!!! It's a struggle to find gadgets that work with HomeKit much less a vehicle. If I didn't despise MicroSuck more I'd switch to Google or Alexa.

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Iā€™ve had Ford Pass on my Edge since ā€˜19 and love it. You can initially start the car for a 15 minute interval with the option to extend for an additional 15 minutes start time (30 total). The only hitch to the system is that you canā€™t control AC/heat temp or on/off from appā€”so you have to leave the AC/heat setting the last time you use the car and pre-decide what temp. So if you were using AC yesterday when you last used the vehicle and itā€™s cold the next morningā€”guess what, the AC will be onā€”not the heaterā€”or vise versa. So if Ford reads this: please add temp control on/off to the app..
Is this with auto climate or manual climate?

With auto climate, you should be able to leave your car on whatever temp you find most comfortable (72*) and the vehicle will take the necessary steps to achieve that temp... it's actually pretty brilliant.

Unless you're one of those monsters that uses auto climate by alternately turning it all the way down and then when you get too cold you turn it all the way up and then when you get too hot you turn it all the way down and then when you get too cold you turn it all the way up and then when you get too hot you turn it all the way down and then when you get too cold you turn it all the way up and then when you get too hot you turn it all the way down and then when you get too cold you turn it all the way up and then when you get too hot you turn it all the way down and then when you get too cold you turn it all the way up and then when you get too hot you turn it all the way down and then when you get too cold you turn it all the way up and then when you get too hot you turn it all the way down and then when you get too cold you turn it all the way up and then when you get too hot you turn it all the way down and then when you get too cold you turn it all the way up and then when you get too hot you turn it all the way down and then when you get too cold you turn it all the way up....

...my wife does this.

Vigor

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Siri sucks and I hate her even tho I'm an Apple person. She can barely figure out how to turn my lights on and off. She is BY FAR the dumbest and least integrated of all the systems!!!!!! It's a struggle to find gadgets that work with HomeKit much less a vehicle. If I didn't despise MicroSuck more I'd switch to Google or Alexa.
Cortana (microsoft) was ahead of the pack but then they sat on their hands. I find Alexa and google to be the best with integrated smart home features.

Ksjrb03

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

I agree Siri is not near Alexa in ability, by far. No experience with Google. But, she runs my home automation amazingly well.

Sponsored

Ksjrb03

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Im confused by this. If the temp is set at 70 and its cold out, the heat is on. If its hot out, the a/c will cool. I have no complaints about the temp control and Ford Pass, its really the only reason we use remote start.

Studawg

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
02 Excursion, 96 Land Cruiser, 18 Land Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I would imagine that this is only if you opt in. Without going to far down a rabbit hole, anyone that use this know if itā€™s like most other apps where you have to give it permission to share with 3rd parties?
Well its not as "optional" as one would think. I worked at a Ford dealership for a short time recently. If someone financed a new car through Ford, I was told by management that the dealership would be penalized if they did NOT sign that customer up. Salesmen had to personally download the app on the customers phone, then link the phone to their car before they drove off the lot. Customers were clueless and we didn't give them much say-so in the matter. There are ways around it for the customer if they don't want it, but Im just relating what is going on.

IDyeti

Black Diamond
First Name
SPAM
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco BD
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I can't wait to have remote start, that way my neighbor and I can see who can warm up their truck longer. Gonna need some straight pipes and glasspacks too.

theslide

Big Bend
First Name
Slide
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Im confused by this. If the temp is set at 70 and its cold out, the heat is on. If its hot out, the a/c will cool. I have no complaints about the temp control and Ford Pass, its really the only reason we use remote start.
In a nutshellā€”you canā€™t turn the AC/heat on or off *from* the app. You also cannot adjust temperature *from* the app. It all has to be preset/pre-decided the last time you use the vehicle. In other wordsā€”if you want the heater on when you remote startā€”you have to have left the heater on when you last used to vehicle..

Ksjrb03

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

I can't wait to have remote start, that way my neighbor and I can see who can warm up their truck longer. Gonna need some straight pipes and glasspacks too.
My neighbor LOVES it when I warm up my diesel with deleted emissions crap. He asked me why it whistles lol.
Sponsored