Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12 Tacoma, 18 Indian, 23 GV70
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Thanks!
Wonder if I should order from a different dealership....

I doubt many salesman anywhere are as up on the Bronco as we are. It would be nice if they'd shut their mouth when they don't know, but that goes against the grain of being a salesman. If you are getting a good deal and are in their allocation, just make sure they order exactly what you tell them to and you should be fine.
Sponsored

jrustyasl

Badlands
First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Motorcycle: Honda VTX 1300
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

You can’t the high or lux package with Black Diamond. That’s why people including myself aren’t getting it. Truly unfortunate as I love the interior and other specs it has.
Same here, I originally was getting a Black Diamond but because of that sway bar and wanting to get a high package, Badlands was the only way to go (wanting the manual as well).

zrizik99

Black Diamond
First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150 2016
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

4 door BD
2.7l
Sasquatched
Shadow black
MIC Hardtop
Mid package
Tow package

Aftermarket plans:
1. Fog lights mapped to switches
2. Exhaust system (2.7 doesn't sound great)
3. Sound dampening headliners
4. Sway bar disconnect (mapped to switch if possible)
5. Matte black wrap of whole vehicle ⬛

Misterbear

Black Diamond
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Black Diamond, Jeep Wrangler X
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
How many Jeep Rubicons do you see parked or on the road that you know have have never even climbed over a pebble? It will be the same with the Broncos and their high end capable packages. Lots of people puff themselves up by puffing up their vehicles. We like to equate the capabilities of our cars and trucks with ourselves. Only once ever did I see a moderately monsterized truck with the words "small penis" expertly stenciled on the lift gate. It made my day and it's a story I love to tell.

Black Diamond has all you need to drive those roads that have warning signs against typical cars, trucks, and RVs. My Wrangler Sport (X) is high enough, and sturdy enough to handle pot holes that would swallow a car, and rocks that would bottom out the undercarriage. It's all I need. It tows my little trailer on dirt and gravel roads. A Bronco Black Diamond will do the same for me, and will be 12 years newer. I won't have to cry making the payments, and I won't have to be puffed up using it as my daily driver.

Get all the fancy puffery if that's what you need. Fool yourself with your any-day-now technical rock crawling for those of you with bark and no bite. I've got places to go. Sometimes it's work. Sometimes it's the mountains. I'll see your vehicle in the parking lot at the store when I pull in with my tiny trailer to stock up for my next adventure down the road. That's a high climb into your Bronco after all that shopping at the mall.

Ford Bronco Black Diamond Builds 20200709_124115

South gate for Steens Mountain Loop Rd., Steens Mountain Wilderness, Oregon. July 2020

Ford Bronco Black Diamond Builds vehicle

Got lost looking for In-n-Out Burger, Argyre Basin, Mars. Color corrected. April 2022

Standard Bronco Black Diamond in Anti-Matter Blue, 2.3L Ecoboost with 7-speed manual
Additions: Sound Deadening Liner, Floor Liners, Tow Package
That's all I need to be real.

I edited out the Black Modular Hardtop once an updated pre-production MIC top was shown. Dark gray=yes, not that awful medium gray they originally showed.

Last edited:

lrtexasman

Black Diamond
First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 BL traded for 23 Tundra waiting on BD Order
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
BD, 4dr, Cactus Gray, MIC, rails, mid, 2.7/auto, floor mats, tow, and steel rims.

considerations:
1. Will remove tow package if no transmission cooler is added. Pricey for class 2 receiver.
2. Will add sound deadening if product is made from bedrug material
3. Going to sell the steel rims. I hope to upgrade to BL takeoffs if possible.
4. I will add a winch plate and Zeon 10 S winch and ARB on board air.

Sponsored

Bigmoose

Badlands
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Flex Ecoboost Limited
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

BD, 4dr, Cactus Gray, MIC, rails, mid, 2.7/auto, floor mats, tow, and steel rims.

considerations:
1. Will remove tow package if no transmission cooler is added. Pricey for class 2 receiver.
2. Will add sound deadening if product is made from bedrug material
3. Going to sell the steel rims. I hope to upgrade to BL takeoffs if possible.
4. I will add a winch plate and Zeon 10 S winch and ARB on board air.
The auto already comes with a cooler regardless of a hitch. The hitch package is just the hitch and rear harness. I'm holding off for aftermarket.

Misterbear

Black Diamond
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
And there you go. You're doing what your rig was meant for, and you're buying a build accordingly. I think that's way cool to be out there doing that. I know I get a serious kick using my vehicle for what it was built for.

We see all the pictures of people doing those things, and I have high regard for them and the adventures they're having. We also know it's just a small percentage of people that spent a lot of money on a rig capable of doing that and never will. It makes me laugh, a little mad, and also kinda sad.

Hey, I was just thinking since you're adventurous enough to actually get stuck a couple times, what are your thoughts on adding a winch to your build? Dad always swore by them; he's a bit foolhardy and has a skill for getting stuck where others wouldn't. I've walked some remote mud hole logging roads to judge whether I wanted to slog back if I got stuck. Could you have pulled yourself out, or was it better to have the help of others? They're a bit pricey. I don't plan on one, but the modular bumper has made me consider it for the first time. Honestly, I could have used it to pull the trailer into a better position a couple of times.

Last edited:

Misterbear

Black Diamond
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I'm planning on putting in a BD order this week but have 2 questions:
1. I've been talking with the dealership and was told the washout floor with plugs isn't available on the 4-door. Has anyone else heard that or does this guy just not know what he's talking about?
2. What is the difference between the two navigation options - I'm probably an idiot but can't figure out what $695 gets me...
So I recently had to figure out what they were talking about for navigation.

With Sync 4, your Android or iOS cell phone can link to provide on-screen navigation wherever you get cell service. Connected navigation is the same thing but without using your phone. You get a 90 day trial with your new vehicle, which means it's already installed on every vehicle, and you're just paying for the subscription; outta range, outta luck. Connected built-in is the same thing with a saved database in case you're out of range.

Mount a GPS on the rail if you're that far out, and you can take it with you hiking. I've been far enough out to have no cell service, and downloaded maps to my phone a head of time. I don't always need a robot overlord to tell me where to turn.

lrtexasman

Black Diamond
First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 BL traded for 23 Tundra waiting on BD Order
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
The auto already comes with a cooler regardless of a hitch. The hitch package is just the hitch and rear harness. I'm holding off for aftermarket.
Thanks. Yea thinking a Class 3 hitch will available for 1/3 the price. May come in handy if the raise the towing to 5k with some modifications. Saw some recent pictures of a Bronco towing at least 3500 lbs.

wvmtneer

Banned
First Edition
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Same here, I originally was getting a Black Diamond but because of that sway bar and wanting to get a high package, Badlands was the only way to go (wanting the manual as well).
Torre can hook you up.
Sponsored