Sponsored

MPG Poll...yes it has come to this

If avg. MPG is below this number, I'm walking away.

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Laminar

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cougar
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
It's doesnt seat 7 people, or have a 6 ft bed attached to it. Putting off-road capabilities aside, we are driving something the size of a Honda CRV and getting for example 16-17 mpg mixed (sasquatch) instead of 27 mpg mixed.
You can't put offroad capabilities aside. Because 35" tires, a solid rear axle, beefy suspension components, and a body-on-frame setup all sacrifice mpg and interior space for offroad capability.
Sponsored

Bronco4lyfe85

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Challenger Scat Pack
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Let me help anyone out...I’ll gladly take my Bronco sooner!

Ford Bronco MPG Poll...yes it has come to this 1616606282316

jaruss01

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XC90 T6 R-Design / 2020 S60 T6 AWD
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
You can't put offroad capabilities aside. Because 35" tires, a solid rear axle, beefy suspension components, and a body-on-frame setup all sacrifice mpg and interior space for offroad capability.
Yes and no. I am referring to those saying their Suburban (for example) gets 12 mpg, so they are cool getting something the same or better in a bronco. I am NOT referring to a wrangler owner with a lift and 35s saying they get 12 mpg and would be happy with something better. That's a different story.

Bronco4lyfe85

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Challenger Scat Pack
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

Sponsored

Drafting_Monkey

Black Diamond
First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
09 GT/CS, 20 Honda Insight EX & 19 Mazda CX9
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I just can't wrap my head around how people want this vehicle to be able to look cool on 35's bro, fit my family of 6 in it, get great gas mileage, all while hauling all my crap to where ever I need. I so enjoy reading these threads. 🤣

MTNLUV

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands 2024 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

"Let's settle this once and for all" lol

I dont know why people are quick to say my full size SUV/pick up gets x, so I'm cool with y. We need to acknowledge that the interior of the bronco is the size of a Honda CRV. It's doesnt seat 7 people, or have a 6 ft bed attached to it. Putting off-road capabilities aside, we are driving something the size of a Honda CRV and getting for example 16-17 mpg mixed (sasquatch) instead of 27 mpg mixed.

Anyway, I'm not walking. But I could see myself owning this for a much shorter amount of time out of frustration, if my 90% "city" driving is like 12 mpg or less.

Do you go to the store and buy an apple and expect it to taste like an orange?
If you are in anyway comparing this to a CRV, you need to educate yourself on what a bronco, or wrangler, or 4Runner is for, and what they are capable of. Just because I may be able to pull a plow with a F150 for a few feet, doesn't mean I can complain about the fuel economy of a tractor.

They are completely different vehicles.

DustyBronco

Badlands
First Name
Dusty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FJ40
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Poll seems to point to the 12 mpg number we heard from Ford earlier this week...

ramblinwreck

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
`22 Wildtrak, '21 Wrangler Rubicon 4xe
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I just can't wrap my head around how people want this vehicle to be able to look cool on 35's bro, fit my family of 6 in it, get great gas mileage, all while hauling all my crap to where ever I need. I so enjoy reading these threads. 🤣
You also need to be able to haul a 27' Ski Boat through the mountains with it.

Sponsored

HBTFD

Black Diamond
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F350
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

5000 lb vehicle gas turbo DI engine. About like a crew cab f150 or expedition. 4500 lb 4 dr non turbo jeep is 17/23. Avg will be 17-19 depending on model if you drive it right.

bsb78

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Base
If you have made it to this point on here..... and you DONT understand this is aerodynamically a brick on wheels.... culling is necessary
Yes but I expect my 5000lb. brick on wheels to get 40 mpg or bust

And if I up my tires to 35s I expect the difference to increase the mpg. That’s right, my base gets 45 mpg now.

jaruss01

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XC90 T6 R-Design / 2020 S60 T6 AWD
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
@MTNLUV

I know. My point was other people using apples to orange comparisons. Such as citing MPG on full size SUVs without offroad capabilities, thus being okay with low MPG on the Bronco. One is capable of moving 7 people, the other is not. So if they want to think about it that way, I used the Honda CRV as an example to prove a point.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.