Sponsored

MPG Poll...yes it has come to this

If avg. MPG is below this number, I'm walking away.

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

79BKO

Big Bend
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
79 Bronco, 21 Bronco Big Bend SAS
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Has to be better than my 79 Bronco with a 460 is getting!
Sponsored

TJconvert2.7

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
It seems that some are.
Are we buying the Bronco for fantastic gas mileage?
Ahhh the convenient exaggeration to fit the spin.

suddenly it’s expecting “fantastic” gas mileage.

May wifes v6 Tacoma crew cab Averages low 20s

the 2.7 utilized two turbos and isn’t setting any horsepower records.. I would say averaging “around” 20 is acceptable, not overreaching.

if I wanted 12mpg Id get a 20yo excursion.

Drafting_Monkey

Black Diamond
First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
09 GT/CS, 20 Honda Insight EX & 19 Mazda CX9
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
@MTNLUV

I know. My point was other people using apples to orange comparisons. Such as citing MPG on full size SUVs without offroad capabilities, thus being okay with low MPG on the Bronco. One is capable of moving 7 people, the other is not. So if they want to think about it that way, I used the Honda CRV as an example to prove a point.
Have you seen the pictures of this thing? No way it's the size of a CRV unless you are comparing the insides? It's huge and weighs nearly as much as my old 2013 F-150 (5900lbs). A CRV weighs 3300-3500 lbs and is a bit more aerodynamic. This seems a bit like apples to oranges.

jedmisten

Badlands
First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger and Ford Flex
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Ahhh the convenient exaggeration to fit the spin.

suddenly it’s expecting “fantastic” gas mileage.

May wifes v6 Tacoma crew cab Averages low 20s

the 2.7 utilized two turbos and isn’t setting any horsepower records.. I would say averaging “around” 20 is acceptable, not overreaching.

if I wanted 12mpg Id get a 20yo excursion.
My 2019 Ranger gets around 20-22 highway MPG and around 17-18 MPG around town with the 2.3L ecoboost engine.

Sponsored

MightyAndrew

Outer Banks
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Forester
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I might be in the minority here. I am not a rock crawler or a dune crusher or baja racer. I am a lover of motorcycle and that open air feeling. I recently had a child, with another one the way, so my Bonneville T120 became illogical for my situation and had to be sold. I miss the open air so much. I need/want something that can resemble that but also be able to haul my girls around. I toyed around with a Miata or Mustang convertible and then a practical SUV for family hauling, but I decided I would rather find something that could do it all. Which is why I settled on the OBX trim non sas. I did opt for the 2.7 because as with the open air, I also miss the speed of my motorcycles. I am not going to walk away, but if the 2.7 non sas OBX gets less that desirable MPGs for a daily driver, I will change my order to the 2.3.

I think anything less than 16 combined, I may consider switching to the 2.3.

skweaz

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Highlander
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

"Let's settle this once and for all" lol

I dont know why people are quick to say my full size SUV/pick up gets x, so I'm cool with y. We need to acknowledge that the interior of the bronco is the size of a Honda CRV. It's doesnt seat 7 people, or have a 6 ft bed attached to it. Putting off-road capabilities aside, we are driving something the size of a Honda CRV and getting for example 16-17 mpg mixed (sasquatch) instead of 27 mpg mixed.

Anyway, I'm not walking. But I could see myself owning this for a much shorter amount of time out of frustration, if my 90% "city" driving is like 12 mpg or less.
Maybe a better Honda comparison would be the first gen RDX:
2009 CR-V2007 RDX2021 Bronco 2 door
Weight353239353950
Wheelbase103.1104.3100.4
Length177.9180.7173.7
Engine2.4 L2.3L I4 Turbo2.3 L I4 Turbo
HP166240270
Torque161260310
Mileage20/2719/23???

I've owned both the CR-V and RDX and the RDX was closer to 16-17 city. I'm expecting similar for my 2.3 2 door Badlands (non-sas).

Captain nSANEo

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The longer I live, the more I realize the internet just wasn't created with the thought that stupid people would be able to operate it...

Sponsored

SevenT

Badlands
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1970 U15 Sport Edition; 2021 AMB 4 Door Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I drove my 1970 for a full year with the original 302 and three on the tree. With 4.11s and 33s, I could only get 9 MPG. When I upgraded to an AOD in 2011, I got 13 to 14 MPG. I am not buying this truck to get 35 MPG, that is not what it is all about. If the MPG is chasing you away, cancel your reservation/order and we all move up in line.

jaruss01

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XC90 T6 R-Design / 2020 S60 T6 AWD
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Yes, I am citing the interior. My original post obviously created a lot of confusion. I know we are getting all the off road capabilities. I am merely saying people are justifying MPG on the Bronco because their current people mover gets poor gas mileage.

Anyway, here are the numbers if people are curious. The sasquatch is 79" wide with 5" flares on each side, so effectively, the body is similar to your standard fare compact/mid size cars/suvs

Bronco 4 Door / Honda CRV

Combined leg room: 79.4 / 81.0
Front Shoulder: 57.1 / 57.9
Rear shoulder: 56.5 / 55.6

Passenger Volume: 104 / 106
Cargo Volume: 35.6 / 39.2
Total erior Volume: 140 / 145

In terms of interior room, it’s basically a CRV or RAV4 cabin, with slightly less cargo room, with big flares slapped on the side

Last edited:

Vigor

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Yes, I am citing the interior. My original post obviously created a lot of confusion. I know we are getting all the off road capabilities. I am merely saying people are justifying MPG on the Bronco because their current people mover gets poor gas mileage.

Anyway, here are the numbers if people are curious. The sasquatch is 79" wide with 5" flares on each side, so effectively, the body is similar to your standard fare compact/mid size cars/suvs

Bronco 4 Door / Honda CRV

Combined leg room: 79.4 / 81.0
Front Shoulder: 57.1 / 57.9
Rear shoulder: 56.5 / 55.6

Passenger Volume: 104 / 106
Cargo Volume: 35.6 / 39.2
Total erior Volume: 140 / 145
What I find interesting is that, my fiance is expecting a large interior space like she would anticipate a large truck having

The Bronco is roomy inside but not as large as you would think it'd be, based on its imposing and intimidating exterior build.

I'm surprised that it's only as big as a CRV, following your numbers. But I really shouldn't be. I actually prefer it this size. I test drove an f150 and felt like I was in an 18 wheeler

MacHudson

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Edge
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
"Let's settle this once and for all" lol

I dont know why people are quick to say my full size SUV/pick up gets x, so I'm cool with y. We need to acknowledge that the interior of the bronco is the size of a Honda CRV. It's doesnt seat 7 people, or have a 6 ft bed attached to it. Putting off-road capabilities aside, we are driving something the size of a Honda CRV and getting for example 16-17 mpg mixed (sasquatch) instead of 27 mpg mixed.

Anyway, I'm not walking. But I could see myself owning this for a much shorter amount of time out of frustration, if my 90% "city" driving is like 12 mpg or less.
the 4 door is more akin to the size of an Edge on the inside. But with big ass tires, armor plating and frickin’ laser beams.

so with the turbo 6 and a decade of new tech, I’m anticipating about the same MPG as in my naturally aspirated 2012 Edge. About 20 overall. Pig in the city, fine on the Hwy.

Stroopaloop

Outer Banks
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GMC canyon all terrain
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Had a lifted jku that got maaaaaybe 12 mpg. If it didn't death wobble, still be driving it. Not too many vehicles out there let you drive topless, doorless so I'm in for the long haul
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.