Sponsored

MPG Poll...yes it has come to this

If avg. MPG is below this number, I'm walking away.

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

HotdogThud

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
mk6 gti, '21 MoarDoor
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

After removing the hardtop and doors from my 2-door Jeeps, the on-pavement handling and overall driving experience improvement is noticeable. Weight matters. In particular when removed from higher up on the vehicle.
Saint Colin Chapman has long agreed with this philosphy

"Simplify and add lightness"

I'm fairly optimistic, to be honest. it's the same engine and roughly the same curb weight as a ranger, but with the doors and roof on, is actually a bit more aerodynamic given that it doesn't have a nice drag-y bed on the back. I wouldn't be surprised to see 24-26 on the highway
Sponsored

OP
OP

Judge Rufus

Banned
Wildtrak
Banned
Banned
First Name
Wheeler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Infiniti QX80, GMC Sierra, Mercedes SLK32 AMG,
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
so far, <15 is winning?!
Is it?

Interestingly if avg. MPG is below 15 mpg, approx. 25% of buyers are saying they will walk away. If this were truly a statistical poll that should be very concerning to Ford.

Last edited:

Daktari

Badlands
First Name
Oliver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badsquatch, Tacoma TRD Off Road, Jetta
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

the more MPG, the longer the range, that's really the only thing interesting. (Though I'd never buy something with 8MPG, I don't particularly enjoy gas stations all that much).
I hope it gets more than my 18 year old Tacoma, I seem to get around 14 in town, but haven't checked in a long time. I drive very little (about 110k miles on the Taco in 18 years) so from a cost point I don't care. And since I drive little I don't feel too bad about environmental impact, I'd not buy this rig for a long daily commute. Main thing is how far can I go w/o needing a gas station, especially when going out on a trip. I'd much rather not have gas cans hanging off the sides or rear.

A lot of photos and videos seem to show around 18-19MPG, of course don't know what kind of driving was behind that. But I'd be good with that.

Jackattack

Badlands
First Name
Jarmon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bullsh
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

It isn't posted but there is a video by "our bronco life" does a video on the dash cluster and it shows the average mpg. Here's the video.

Timestamps for trip meter: 1:04
Timestamp for avg mpg: 1:07

stampede1

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
f150
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Since we are discussing mpg, does anyone know what actual percentage of improvement Start/Stop function delivers? As an aside, I rode in a BMW with it and also a chevy pick up. The truck was a minimal distraction but the BMW experience of the Start/ Stop made me want to stick a pencil in my eye.

Sponsored
OP
OP

Judge Rufus

Banned
Wildtrak
Banned
Banned
First Name
Wheeler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Infiniti QX80, GMC Sierra, Mercedes SLK32 AMG,
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
It isn't posted but there is a video by "our bronco life" does a video on the dash cluster and it shows the average mpg. Here's the video.

The Holy Grail of information has been bestowed upon us!!!

tenor.gif

Ksjrb03

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

It all depends on trim. A base with the tiny skinny tires and no options is going to get much better mileage than a First Edition. I have a heavy foot, and ecoboost engines do not get good MPG with a heavy foot. Stay out of the boost if you care about MPG, and stay out of my lane. I could care less though, Im going to have fun with it.

Efthreeoh

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hummer H3T
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Yes, I am citing the interior. My original post obviously created a lot of confusion. I know we are getting all the off road capabilities. I am merely saying people are justifying MPG on the Bronco because their current people mover gets poor gas mileage.

Anyway, here are the numbers if people are curious. The sasquatch is 79" wide with 5" flares on each side, so effectively, the body is similar to your standard fare compact/mid size cars/suvs

Bronco 4 Door / Honda CRV

Combined leg room: 79.4 / 81.0
Front Shoulder: 57.1 / 57.9
Rear shoulder: 56.5 / 55.6

Passenger Volume: 104 / 106
Cargo Volume: 35.6 / 39.2
Total erior Volume: 140 / 145

In terms of interior room, it’s basically a CRV or RAV4 cabin, with slightly less cargo room, with big flares slapped on the side
But the Bronco is cool and the Toytoy and Honda are not. ;)

Sponsored

Bronco4lyfe85

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Challenger Scat Pack
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
With all the talk about MPG’s around here I’m not sure I believe 52% of people don’t care.

Pancho Kornwallace

Base
First Name
Pancho
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Base
I twice once got 250MPH between fill-ups with my Chevy Volt.

I did feel guilting about getting my Mustang, but a colleague of my told me that I paid my dues for 6 years of plugging in. All stress went away after that statement.

Last edited:

TJconvert2.7

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base

That screen is sick, fingers crossed the base has it, as it’s shown on b&p, but also fine print says “preproduction model shown throughout, which is why the base has privacy glass :(

TJconvert2.7

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
I’m pretty sure this guy got great gas mileage
Ford Bronco MPG Poll...yes it has come to this 6B76868B-1C19-4C2A-9AD5-9AF223F51DD7
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.