Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco - 4 Door Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I don't get that. Because individually they are good to sell. Unless they just don't have the QTY...
I agree... it was very odd. People kept asking it in the live Bronco Nation Instagram video and Jordan with Bronco Nation confirmed that even the MIC Dual top option is MY22 now... I'm still not 100% convinced that's accurate though. Hoping there is just confusion.
Sponsored

De Brus

First Edition
First Name
De Brus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'14 HD 1200, '66 IH, '62 VW
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

So that means all FE are stuck with a MIC top? That sucks!
No. FE will continue into MY22 if you choose the black painted top.

EDIT: According to the email posted just after this, MIC top is the required for FE and wildtrack 😬

XCR440

Badlands
First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT, 22 Badlands 2 door
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Just got the email on the top:

To: Dealership Personnel

Subject: Bronco Production Update

Our team at Michigan Assembly Plant, where the Bronco is born, is on track to begin deliveries this summer, however, today we will be announcing to all Bronco customers who have placed an order the following production changes for 2021MY.

• The black painted modular hardtop and dual top roofs will move from 21MY late availability to 22MY
  • The Carbonized gray molded-in-color (MIC) roof is now the only roof option for First Edition and WildTrak Broncos
  • A no charge Sound Deadening Headliner for hardtops (previously announced to Dealers 3/19)
  • A customer price protection policy for 2022MY all current Bronco order and reservation holders (as of March 19, 2021)

While we know this news will be frustrating for dealerships and customers, we want you to know we are committed to getting customers the Bronco they want as soon as possible. We are making millions of dollars of incremental investments to increase production of Broncos to meet demand on all these high-end models. We hope to share more information soon

chtucker

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Soo I am hoping someone gets official word that First Editions can wait till 2022 to get the shadow black top... and not be forced into MIC.

No big deal when you order 2 :) One with a MIC top.

Sponsored

chtucker

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
First Edition

Our team at Michigan Assembly Plant, where the Bronco is born, is on track to begin deliveries this summer, however, today we will be announcing to all Bronco customers who have placed an order the following production changes for 2021MY.

• The black painted modular hardtop and dual top roofs will move from 21MY late availability to 22MY
  • The Carbonized gray molded-in-color (MIC) roof is now the only roof option for First Edition and WildTrak Broncos
  • A no charge Sound Deadening Headliner for hardtops (previously announced to Dealers 3/19)
  • A customer price protection policy for 2022MY all current Bronco order and reservation holders (as of March 19, 2021)

While we know this news will be frustrating for dealerships and customers, we want you to know we are committed to getting customers the Bronco they want as soon as possible. We are making millions of dollars of incremental investments to increase production of Broncos to meet demand on all these high-end models. We hope to share more information soon
FEs not getting black hardtops makes me upset.

!@#$!@#$!

Funkdoobiest

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Basesquanch First Edition
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

BroncMO

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Jeep Grand Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Soo I am hoping someone gets official word that First Editions can wait till 2022 to get the shadow black top... and not be forced into MIC.

No big deal when you order 2 :) One with a MIC top.
This is correct. You can wait and get a 22 FE or get the MIC and get a 21.

Sponsored

Rick Astley

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
d
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
I'm hoping to be an early '22, but now I'm wondering if the mod top will even start pushing back '22 orders.
I had mentioned some time ago that "late availability" absolutely does not mean "Guaranteed to be available for MY22 Job #1". Saying that months ago was met with derisive responses.

Thankfully being in possession of skin thick enough to handle such comments, yet not thick enough to be uncomfortable or live with CG, has afforded me this opportunity to point it out once again while doing a fun little dance at work while laughing at those who beguiled themselves into believing whatever they wanted, despite the obvious truth.

Smuck

First Edition
First Name
Shon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
32 Ford
Your Bronco Model
First Edition

That sucks I wanted a painted top!
Sponsored