First Name
Richie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Raptor, 2001 XJ, 1989 LX Mustang, 17 Escape
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
@Richie thank you so much for letting us know the length of throw. It's those kind of details that have been conspicuously missing from many drive alongs and reviews. Did you pump the clutch at all? Impossible to get the full feel with the engine off but anything is better than nothing at this point.
I did pump the clutch and for what it's worth it didn't feel all that long. A decent amount of stiffness but nowhere near the clutches I've had in other cars like a CTSV or newer 5.0 Mustangs. Hope that helps a little bit. Won't really know the feeling until we drive these things.
Sponsored

Erock

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F150 Alpine edition
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

OP
OP
Richie

Richie

Wildtrak
First Name
Richie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Raptor, 2001 XJ, 1989 LX Mustang, 17 Escape
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
By any chance were you able to measure the difference from Badlands to Sasq? Was there much difference in height between the two?
Don't have exact measurements but it was probably 2-3" taller and had a slightly wider track on the SAS. You definitely sat higher up in the SAS.. Nothing to drastic though.

Lakelife36

Big Bend
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Kia Borrego, 2012 Chevy Cruze, 2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I did pump the clutch and for what it's worth it didn't feel all that long. A decent amount of stiffness but nowhere near the clutches I've had in other cars like a CTSV or newer 5.0 Mustangs. Hope that helps a little bit. Won't really know the feeling until we drive these things.
Thank you!

BadSquatch21

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Land Rover and Porsches; '22 Mansquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Don't have exact measurements but it was probably 2-3" taller and had a slightly wider track on the SAS. You definitely sat higher up in the SAS.. Nothing to drastic though.
Thanks. In theory it should only sit a little over an inch taller so I'm surprised it's that noticeable. Hoping if anyone else is at one of these events they can measure quick.

Sponsored

dragon6172

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Thanks. In theory it should only sit a little over an inch taller so I'm surprised it's that noticeable. Hoping if anyone else is at one of these events they can measure quick.
I was at this event also and I will say, standing between the two I didn't think the height difference was very noticeable. But climbing in each one, the one with SAS was noticeably higher

ColoradoGuy

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 4DR Badlands and a couple of Acuras
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I could be wrong but I think she’s about 2-3” tall, depending on how much you zoom in.

BDE2E9A4-60ED-4BC2-9140-4CA16C5F9DCB.jpeg

...I’m hoping people get this joke.
I have a large monitor so she (and your thumb) are around 18".

Raptor911

Raptor
First Name
Raptor911
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 F150 Raptor, 2022 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
You do not have to be concerned. The Raptor is the same way and I rarely have an issue where I see debris making it that far into the engine compartment. See pic below, from the front wheel well, I can see the turbo

Ford Bronco First impressions of Manual Bronco Badlands & Black Diamond Sasquatch in person. Pleasantly surprised, with couple concerns 1617400438899

Some minor things that I hope are addressed for production.
The upper control arms are mounted to something inside the engine bay and it leaves a massive gap in the fender well for mud/debris to go straight into the engine bay. I didn't get a picture but I remember thinking, this is going to be a firehose of mud going straight into the engine bay if they don't seal this up better. Maybe someone else on the forum who has seen this can provide pictures.

Sponsored

Roger123

Badlands
First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 GC, '14 Yamaha Super Tenere
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
We were there as well. Pretty happy with our BL (non-SAS) choice. My wife got in no issues in the BL, she had to use the grab handle for the SAS (she's 5'5"). She said no way to the SAS as a DD.

The 4 doors seem pretty large, way bigger than we need, really looking forward to our 2 door.

Super happy with the feel of the MGV and really liked the color. Seating position was perfect for me (5' 10") and the 8" screen is just right.

Stance is just right IMO with the BL, maybe a 3/4" boost in the front will be needed but not a show stopper.

tempImage36ApuI.png

Roger123

Badlands
First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 GC, '14 Yamaha Super Tenere
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
@Richie
Any thoughts or opinion on the soft top?
I didn't really pay much attention as we're getting a 2 door HT, but it seemed fine. Material was very heavy duty and everything seemed to fit well. The rear lifting up with the prop rod was a bit odd but may be pretty cool for a DD.

BadSquatch21

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Land Rover and Porsches; '22 Mansquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I was at this event also and I will say, standing between the two I didn't think the height difference was very noticeable. But climbing in each one, the one with SAS was noticeably higher
Wonder if the power seats in the FI are higher than the manual seats?

Mustang_75_99

Badlands
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Ford F150, 2005 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
My big concern was seeing if the Bronco SAS was going to be to big for my gf to daily drive. Great news! it's not at all. The height of the SAS felt lower and easier to get into than my 2013 f150 with a 2in lift and 34.5's. Her opinion of the 35's was that it was just right. She said any bigger would be to much for her, but she liked the SAS much more than the 33's on the badlands right next to it.
I am glad to hear that, I have a 14 F150 with the same set up as you and my wife doesn’t want anything that high and that she has to “climb into” (she is 5-4) and the Bronco is gonna be her daily. I wanted the SAS, but went Badlands with 33’s sounds like I made the right choice. Thanks for sharing the info!

Last edited:

Rick Astley

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
d
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
With the non-linear boosters used these days it's ultimately impossible to assess clutch engagement and pressure without it running, sadly.

I have a large monitor so she (and your thumb) are around 18".
Whoa, that's big... If @618TRVLWILD had said that it would open up a whole host of inappropriate comments. Thankfully today won't be the day the banhammer comes down.
Sponsored