Black_Stallion13

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Got my Bronco last week just in time for a biz trip out to St Louis from Cinci. Stock Big Bend, hardtop, 2.3, manual, 4 door, 87 octane. 1/2 of these miles were with no front roof panels and all windows down too. Set cruise at speed limit (65/70mph) keeping RPMs right around 2000 the whole way. I'm sure it's a bit overestimated but still...

PXL_20220914_021702454.MP.jpg
Sponsored

Last edited:

equitasforall

Badlands
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I’m at 20.1 lifetime with a 2 door Badlands/Sasquatch with 2.3/auto, lux, leather and a very heavy wheel and tire combination. That’s over 6200 miles in all conditions.

No complaints!

D70B2465-B53A-40FB-9B99-449FCA652502.jpeg

contented

Badlands
First Name
Karl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW M2 Competition
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
OP, congrats on your new ride. I’m envious of your mpg. The mpg displayed by my Badland Sasquatch 2.3L with 2,500 miles, varies dramatically, anywhere from .5 to 2.7 mpg, always overstated, from old style miles traveled divided by gallons. I’ve yet to own a vehicle where indicated mpg was reliable and consistent. One would think making it accurate would be easy thing. Apparently not.

Just drove from Florida to Penna with a stop at Uwharrie NF along the way to wheel. Best mileage was 18.5. Worst was 15.1. I’ve accepted mine is a gas hog and it goes with the territory. Knew that when we bought it.

Btw, Uwharrie NF is the home of Jeep Badge of Honor Trail, Dickie Bell. Although we didn’t do it, we did run Dutch John, which is rated difficult. Along the trail my wife looks ahead and says “do we have to go up that”? We did. Suffice it to say, pick the right line and you’ll be amazed at where these things will go.

Take care.

MattyAg

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Badlands 2.7, SAS, soft top, 4 door with 12k miles. I get 17 mpg as my normal. I too have accepted the gas hog mantra. On long highway trips I can get it up to about 18 mpg if I’m not running 80.

kirnma

Base
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Canyon
Your Bronco Model
Base
I've got a Base Bronco 2.3L, auto I purchased at Granger in IA. I drove it roughly 1,000 highway miles home to VA and added 500 mixed use miles locally and am getting 23.4 average, which I don't think is too bad. My highway-only MPG on the long trip home was 25.6 at an average 70-75 MPH. I will say I am light on the accelerator, and I don't generally use cruise control.

Sponsored

PrepVet

Big Bend
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A bunch.
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
2.3L auto non-SAS rear locker 4 door and I have lifetime of 17 MPG. I am surprised and disappointed with that. The rest of the car is great.

OP
OP
Black_Stallion13

Black_Stallion13

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
2.3L auto non-SAS rear locker 4 door and I have lifetime of 17 MPG. I am surprised and disappointed with that. The rest of the car is great.
Yeah that stinks - did u change the tires? I planned on jumping to 33s but now I think Im sticking with the stock size/tires. I'll gladly take the mpgs over "the look"

EveryDayBronco

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Motorcycle
Your Bronco Model
Base
I've got a Base Bronco 2.3L, auto I purchased at Granger in IA. I drove it roughly 1,000 highway miles home to VA and added 500 mixed use miles locally and am getting 23.4 average, which I don't think is too bad. My highway-only MPG on the long trip home was 25.6 at an average 70-75 MPH. I will say I am light on the accelerator, and I don't generally use cruise control.
That mpg is decent imo for this type of vehicle. I’d be happy with that!
Sponsored