Sponsored

Budget Gear that Surprised you with Being Quality?

A51Asheville

Black Diamond
First Name
Dane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Diamond Sas Mid Package
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

So I was just thinking, we're all looking to drop serious funds on our Broncos. Many of us out there want to deck out our trucks with great gear for off-roading and some are willing to spend big bucks on familiar brands that are tried and true. For those who would rather ball out on a budget, what are some items you've picked up past or present that didn't hit that top dollar mark but were absolutely on par with or superior to some of the big-name brand's products?

Example: That set of pod lights you found on Amazon that cost like $50 but lights up the night perfectly.
Sponsored

thestanz

Black Diamond
First Name
stanz
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Traverse
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

OP
OP
A51Asheville

A51Asheville

Black Diamond
First Name
Dane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Good thread, love this

CravenSpeed Stubby Antenna Compatible with Ford Bronco Full Size 2021-2022 | 3.2 Inches https://www.amazon.com/dp/B09BK52N6...abc_QSRJMDZ4P11X9QX4NPD5?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

And this

ProCase Tactical Admin Molle Pouch, Military MOLLE Pouch Horizontal Multi-Purpose Utility Gadget Gear Tool Bag for Magazine, Flashlight, Map and Other Small Tools for Outdoor Activities -Black https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07XJ4J29...abc_C5X8520E3VAYQ26161PP?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1
Great start! love the Stubby and that may be one of my first mods. Was it as simple as removing the stock one and twisting in the new one?

BroncoAZ

Badlands
First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2 Door Badlands manual, 2021 Tacoma TRD OR
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
So I was just thinking, we're all looking to drop serious funds on our Broncos. Many of us out there want to deck out our trucks with great gear for off-roading and some are willing to spend big bucks on familiar brands that are tried and true. For those who would rather ball out on a budget, what are some items you've picked up past or present that didn't hit that top dollar mark but were absolutely on par with or superior to some of the big-name brand's products?

Example: That set of pod lights you found on Amazon that cost like $50 but lights up the night perfectly.
Your example is a poor choice, none of the Amazon chinesium lights can match the name brands for quality of construction or beam pattern. There are plenty of inexpensive products that perform, but in my experience LED lights are not one of them.

OP
OP
A51Asheville

A51Asheville

Black Diamond
First Name
Dane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Your example is a poor choice, none of the Amazon chinesium lights can match the name brands for quality of construction or beam pattern. There are plenty of inexpensive products that perform, but in my experience LED lights are not one of them.
That's why it's an example and vague. It's there for clarification on the topic is all, I appreciate the input though.

Sponsored
OP
OP
A51Asheville

A51Asheville

Black Diamond
First Name
Dane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

thestanz

Black Diamond
First Name
stanz
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Traverse
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Dude, give your own example then.
Great start! love the Stubby and that may be one of my first mods. Was it as simple as removing the stock one and twisting in the new one?
literally unscrew old one and screw in new one, mods that match my skill level

OP
OP
A51Asheville

A51Asheville

Black Diamond
First Name
Dane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Not really a big ticket item or the intended model however a decent cage mount extinguisher should be considered as part of the wish list.
Ford Bronco Budget Gear that Surprised you with Being Quality? 1641058574999
Great call out. I've had the extinguisher on my list, but a place to mount it is a must! (don't want it rolling around and somehow accidentally being discharged.)

Sponsored

BroncoAZ

Badlands
First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Dude, give your own example then.
This Grip brand kinetic recovery rope for ~$70 shipped works fine on the beach vs the $175 Bubba ropes. I think 7/8” is the right size for the Bronco.

https://www.grizzly.com/products/grip-20-x-7-8-kinetic-tow-rope/t32116

https://www.amazon.com/Grip-Kinetic-Energy-Recovery-Roading/dp/B07WS2NRSV/ref=sr_1_4?crid=395MW9AHEIPO7&keywords=grip+kinetic+rope&qid=1641059074&s=automotive&sprefix=Grip+kinetic+,automotive,67&sr=1-4

The no name soft shackles on Amazon also work well.

OP
OP
A51Asheville

A51Asheville

Black Diamond
First Name
Dane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Manotick Badlands

Badlands
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Watching with great interest to see what pops up. So far I've purchased a set of Rigid 360 series driving lights and a set of Gear America Uber shackles. Currently looking for some recovery gear, traction plates, tow rope, a jack fo some sort and an axe and shovel mount.

BroncoAZ

Badlands
First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Very nice! People need to know the proper use for Kinetic Ropes, but this seems like a steal if they are reliable. You mentioned they are good on the beach, have you used it in any other situations? How did it hold up if so?
I purchased in May and used it to pull a couple SUV’s and a 1500 out in sand using my Tacoma. I haven’t used it anywhere else yet. Prior to this I’ve mostly wheeled in rocks and used conventional tow straps. Kinetic seems ideal for sand and snow but I don’t think I’d want kinetic on hard terrain, generally a steady pull in 4lo seems safer on hard. I carry both in my truck. I need to order another Kinetic and soft shackles for my Bronco and my work truck, I’ll go with the same brand. I may step up my work truck to 1” rather than 7/8” since the truck is heavier.

I’m also a big fan of the $45 Glock Entrenching Tool as a multi purpose shovel. There are other options that probably work just as well for less money, but I love Glock products.
Sponsored

Last edited: