Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F150 Alpine edition
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Since they’re telling you the issue has to do with rubbing the suspension, it could be just the design of that wheel. Instead of having a outward tapered barrel, it could be that it is a straighter one with a smaller diameter at the inside bead. Note, they are only suggesting an extra 8mm of offset, so it probably only rubs the suspension at maximum travel. All of this is speculation of course, but with different wheels having different dimensions, there’s more to it than just offset. This is a rough sketch, so don’t laugh, lol.
42958AAB-FBA8-4D33-B6AB-DCE2CD0F30CD.jpeg

HoosierDaddy

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68&69 Broncos, 21 AMB Base 2dr, 23 VB BL 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

What size tire?
Take that info and input it on the offset calculator at https://tiresize.com/wheel-offset-calculator/

It will give you a visual and dimensions comparing it to which ever set you input.
I usually use squatch or Badlands as a reference.

I feel wheel width is the lesser of all the variables. Tire width and offset change the measurements more than anything.
That calculator doesn't even ask for wheel width. Everything is based off if centerline.

Dads_bronze_bronco

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 JKUR / x_x 00 TJ x_x
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Sas is +30

Ford Bronco Weird info from ordering my wheels and tires 42958AAB-FBA8-4D33-B6AB-DCE2CD0F30CD

But still. No way on a negative.

Overland concept has 0 offset of memory serves me...
You are correct on the Overland. I emailed Fifteen 52 to confirm. Also one of those Easter Safari videos had I think 4WP mention too much offset would cause fender rub.

So 0 is as far out as I would go, but something between 0 and closer to +30 is the sweet spot.

Grooticus

Big Bend
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Sas is +30

Ford Bronco Weird info from ordering my wheels and tires 42958AAB-FBA8-4D33-B6AB-DCE2CD0F30CD

But still. No way on a negative.

Overland concept has 0 offset of memory serves me...

IMHO whatever is on that overland should be what you get because that looks absolutely amazing.

Sponsored
OP
OP
CDawg297!

CDawg297!

Badlands
First Name
Cody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Sasquatch wheels are 17x8.5 with +30 offset, which means 5.93” of backspacing.

Your fuel wheels at 17x9 with -12 offset should have 4.53” of backspacing so you should be fine.
thats what i figured but they told me no they would fit? Idk i think its just they dont have all the info yet. Once the summer comes or towards the end of the year it will be better I hope.

Raptor911

Raptor
First Name
Raptor911
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 F150 Raptor, 2022 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
-12 is a random offset or is it? The bronco shares the same bolt pattern as Toyota trucks and aftermarket wheels for Toyota trucks happens to be -12. Some advice ... wait until manufacturers actually produce a wheel for the bronco as oppose to buying a wheel made for a Toyota.

So I went into my local discount tire store today and decided to purchase my set of 35” Nitto trail grapplers and fuel covert wheels. After ordering the tires the rep at discount got on the phone to see availability for the fuel covert wheels. The size I was going to get was 17x9 in a -12 offset. The discount tire rep told that the offset wasn’t super aggressive so it wouldn’t poke the wheel out too much. After being on the phone the fuel wheel rep told him that those wouldn’t fit because of the offset and that I would need to get a more negative offset because of the wheels possibly rubbing on the suspension. He said to get like -20 instead. Tell me how that makes any sense to get that aggressive when the bronco Sasquatch is running +35??? They said they were basing it off the ranger suspension and we all know that’s not that same thing as bronco. Anyone else hear anything else like this or had problems with getting wheels yet?

BC514FAC-5BEF-461B-8E09-62849300E0BE.jpeg

OP
OP
CDawg297!

CDawg297!

Badlands
First Name
Cody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

What size tire?
Take that info and input it on the offset calculator at https://tiresize.com/wheel-offset-calculator/

It will give you a visual and dimensions comparing it to which ever set you input.
I usually use squatch or Badlands as a reference.

I feel wheel width is the lesser of all the variables. Tire width and offset change the measurements more than anything.
That calculator doesn't even ask for wheel width. Everything is based off if centerline.
my tire size is same as sasquatch. well to be more technical i ordered a 35x12.50r17. basically the same thing

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

-12 is a random offset or is it? The bronco shares the same bolt pattern as Toyota trucks and aftermarket wheels for Toyota trucks happens to be -12. Some advice ... wait until manufacturers actually produce a wheel for the bronco as oppose to buying a wheel made for a Toyota.
You might have cracked the issue. The shop looked at the bolt pattern and got confused, ended up quoting Toyota specs.

OP
OP
CDawg297!

CDawg297!

Badlands
First Name
Cody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

You might have cracked the issue. The shop looked at the bolt pattern and got confused, ended up quoting Toyota specs.
i never knew that bronco and toyota shared the same bolt pattern. I havent heard that before. Interesting to know.

Sponsored
OP
OP
CDawg297!

CDawg297!

Badlands
First Name
Cody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Now here is the other thing too. They make the same fuel covert wheel in a 17x9 but with an offset of +1 and a backspacing of 5.040. Would that make a difference or would that work?

Raptor911

Raptor
First Name
Raptor911
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
+1 should work. But you better ask about hub bore.

Again there will be many many bronco wheels coming so why buy a wheel now?

Now here is the other thing too. They make the same fuel covert wheel in a 17x9 but with an offset of +1 and a backspacing of 5.040. Would that make a difference or would that work?

OP
OP
CDawg297!

CDawg297!

Badlands
First Name
Cody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

+1 should work. But you better ask about hub bore.

Again there will many many bronco wheels coming so why buy a wheel now?
the bore is 106.10 the same as the -12 offset one. what does that do?

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

i never knew that bronco and toyota shared the same bolt pattern. I havent heard that before. Interesting to know.
Yeah, there’s something funny though... like the hub bores may be different diameters, which means you can’t swap wheel across platforms and maintain hub centricity... I can’t remember if they’re the same, or if one is bigger which one... or how different they are....

Point is, lug pattern (and offset) isn’t all you need to worry about.

Raptor911

Raptor
First Name
Raptor911
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
106.10 is bigger than the bronco hub bore so technically it will work. If you don’t run a hub centering rings then your wheels will be lug centric and not hub centric. You are going to hate yourself when bronco wheels get released 3-6 months from now that have the correct hub bore.

Btw 106.10 is the hub bore for a Toyota truck.

the bore is 106.10 the same as the -12 offset one. what does that do?
Sponsored