First Name
Kerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger, 2021 Bronco BB, 2006 Saturn Vue
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Whats the difference between the OBX and WT? What makes the WT a "desert runner"?
It’s due to their standard/stock configurations. When you build the OBX up with 2.7 and Sasquatch, then their differences are only cosmetic.
Sponsored

Rusty Sheckleford

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Escape
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
The do-it-all trim is the Badlands.
Oh is it? I didn't realize. Fords trims are honestly kind of confusing to me. I would have thought being the "do it all" trim would make it the top, most expensive one?

So why is the wildtrak more expensive than the badlands if it has less capability? That doesn't make sense. What does Wildtrak have that the badlands doesn't to justify the increased cost?

LostInArizona

Badlands
First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands non-sas 2.7
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Oh is it? I didn't realize. Fords trims are honestly kind of confusing to me. I would have thought being the "do it all" trim would make it the top, most expensive one?

So why is the wildtrak more expensive than the badlands if it has less capability? That doesn't make sense. What does Wildtrak have that the badlands doesn't to justify the increased cost?
Because it comes with the Sasquatch package and the 2.7. If you option out a badlands the same way it's actually more expensive than the wildtrack.

Last edited:

Four Flusher

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Kia Telluride
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
This is important shit. Personally, I'll never do another aftermarket lift, way too much trial and error getting it set up like a factory ride. Since I'm going 2 door, I'm leaning toward a BD with Sasq, I'm sure it will look best and I don't want any big tire envy. I'll probably sell the M/T's and get K02s.

Rusty Sheckleford

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Escape
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Because it comes with the Sasquatch package. If you option out a badlands the same way it's actually more expensive than the wildtrack.
I see, that makes sense then. So i'm just gonna have to be careful when I eventually decide to order one to make sure I get everything I want.

Sponsored

BroncoKong Jr.

Badlands
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Wildtrak comes standard with the 2.7L V6 and Sasquatch. Add those to a Badlands and it costs more.

ramblinwreck

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
`22 Wildtrak, '21 Wrangler Rubicon 4xe
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
The Wildtrack is the Mall Crawler package. Gives the look without the extra functionality (ie Rock Crawl mode, and sway bar disconnect). If you are just doing light 4x4ing its a good way to save some money. But if you watch any of the pro drivers they were all in Badlands or First Editions to get those 2 features.
What an idiot. If you are really just rock crawling hard core, you wouldnt compromise on a solid front axle. You would get a Rubicon. No matter how fancy you make the Bronco, it’s still IFS and less ideal in hard core rocks.

Also, the rock crawl goat mode is just a shortcut for 4wd LO with the disconnect and axles locked. The goat mode saves you like 1. Button press.

The only advantage the Badlands has at all is the disconnect switch. As stated earlier, mechanical disconnects are cheap, easy and effective. Some hard core off roaders will only use manual because it won’t break.

BadlandsBronc21

Badlands
First Name
Christopher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Toyota Tundra Crewmax 2018 Audi S5
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Squatch baby womp womp

Rusty Sheckleford

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Escape
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
What an idiot. If you are really just rock crawling hard core, you wouldnt compromise on a solid front axle. You would get a Rubicon. No matter how fancy you make the Bronco, it’s still IFS and less ideal in hard core rocks.

Also, the rock crawl goat mode is just a shortcut for 4wd LO with the disconnect and axles locked. The goat mode saves you like 1. Button press.

The only advantage the Badlands has at all is the disconnect switch. As stated earlier, mechanical disconnects are cheap, easy and effective. Some hard core off roaders will only use manual because it won’t break.
Can the manual disconnects disconnect mid-obstacle? That seems to be a pretty nice advantage of the Ford system. (I'm a noob btw, not an expert... just mentioning what I saw in one of the demonstration videos. The jeep drivers in said video seemed pretty excited by that feature)

Sponsored

ramblinwreck

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Can the manual disconnects disconnect mid-obstacle? That seems to be a pretty nice advantage of the Ford system. (I'm a noob btw, not an expert... just mentioning what I saw in one of the demonstration videos. The jeep drivers in said video seemed pretty excited by that feature)
No. They cannot. That being said, it’s a pretty standard thing to do at the trail head before you start the trail. Air down and disconnect.

LostInArizona

Badlands
First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands non-sas 2.7
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I disagree regarding IFS vs SFA... although it's somewhat anecdotal. In some specific situations SFA can be an advantage, just as an IFS can be in others. I have seen fully built IFS setups go anywhere the solid axles go otherwise. Granted, it takes a LOT more modifications to get an IFS to the same point that a more basic SFA can get to at far less cost. That's the real advantage imo. We could argue this till we're all blue in the face but the fact of the matter is, it's situational and dependent on a lot more factors than the axle itself.

Also the goat mode does more than disconnect the sway bar and put it in 4 low, it also changes the shift points and does some electronic magic with the traction control.

Rusty Sheckleford

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Escape
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
No. They cannot. That being said, it’s a pretty standard thing to do at the trail head before you start the trail. Air down and disconnect.
So it definitely seems like there's pros and cons for manual and electronic. What I liked in the video I watched is that they were able to go from fast dessert running (swaybar on) to a slow rock obstacle (SB disconnect) and then when they got back up to speed the SB automatically came back on... and it was all automatic after a single push of the disconnect switch at the beginning of the trail.

I do also see and get the appeal of like a base-squatch with as few electronics as possible though.... I wouldn't even hate manual windows in that case.

Abramsman1

Raptor
First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Mustang GT500
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

I ordered a 2 door WT, CO, high package, tow package etc. My 2 cents is yes id love to have a rock crawl mode, sounds extremely effective and it looks just as good in videos but for me, It's gunna be my daily driver and mostly only see the street and occasionally the trail. But I have no mountains and rock terrain near me to warrant the 3k id spend optioning out a BL the same as my WT. I just can't wait to see broncos in driveways tbh. I can't wait to look outside my house and see that beautiful vehicle.

ramblinwreck

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I disagree regarding IFS vs SFA... although it's somewhat anecdotal. In some specific situations SFA can be an advantage, just as an IFS can be in others. I have seen fully built IFS setups go anywhere the solid axles go otherwise. Granted, it takes a LOT more modifications to get an IFS to the same point that a more basic SFA can get to at far less cost. That's the real advantage imo. We could argue this till we're all blue in the face but the fact of the matter is, it's situational and dependent on a lot more factors than the axle itself.

Also the goat mode does more than disconnect the sway bar and put it in 4 low, it also changes the shift points and does some electronic magic with the traction control.
you can disagree, but for hard core rock crawling you would be wrong. The SFA is better. That’s fine though 99.9% of people don’t hard core rock crawl anyhow.
And the goat mode doesn’t do magic things with traction control, it locks the axles which will disable traction control. There’s a hero switch that does this as well. I’m not totally sure about transmission shift points, but I doubt it does much special there. I’d expect it to be more for novices who might not know which button to push.
Sponsored