Brock
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lots
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I'm not an expert but only passing along what I was told by my dealer. From what I understand the people who are upset right now put in their reservations with dealers who did not handle the reservation process properly. Essentially when they submitted orders, they didn't put them in the right order and some people who put in early reservations were at the end of the list rather than the intended beginning. Some of these folks won't be getting a bronco this year or next.
Entering the reservation order in order by the dealer has ZERO to do with how Ford will build by time stamp and parts availability. The dealers do not tell Ford what order to build the Broncos. I don’t believe what you heard was correct. If the dealer didn’t place the order on time or coded it 99 for a 22 build then yes, they F’ed up.
Sponsored

MattECDNdealer

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Demo: 21 Bronco BL (2dr 2.3 MT) Toy: 04 TJ Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I'm not an expert but only passing along what I was told by my dealer. From what I understand the people who are upset right now put in their reservations with dealers who did not handle the reservation process properly. Essentially when they submitted orders, they didn't put them in the right order and some people who put in early reservations were at the end of the list rather than the intended beginning. Some of these folks won't be getting a bronco this year or next.
That's not really possible. The dealer had no say in any start or end of a "list".

A reservation that was "converted" (automatic $100 deposit refund) and pushed to the order system was automatically designated as "retail" and had a hard coded field with the reservation number attached. It would also have been assigned a 99 priority code. From there it was up to the dealer to change it to something from 10-19, which number specifically does not matter as Ford used the reservation number to set order, not the dealers priority code as it normally would. On the Monday Ford went in and set priority codes on all orders they selected based on "build-ability" to 01. Only Ford, not the dealers, can set a priority between 01 and 09.

There are two steps where the dealer could have made an error, either not converting the reservation to an order, or not changing the priority on the converted order to a number between 10-19. That is really the only way they could prevent someone with an early build-able reservation to be passed over.

Ford sent a lot of clear instructions to dealers, it wasn't complicated.

Cpops

Outer Banks
First Name
Carrie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Edge, Ford F-150
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Entering the reservation order in order by the dealer has ZERO to do with how Ford will build by time stamp and parts availability. The dealers do not tell Ford what order to build the Broncos. I don’t believe what you heard was correct. If the dealer didn’t place the order on time or coded it 99 for a 22 build then yes, they F’ed up.
Thanks for explaining it further! I didn't know to ask for more details than I was given. I didn't ebmvwn know about the coding. Thank you!

NotApplicable

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BEVs
Your Bronco Model
First Edition

Hemisfear

Badlands
First Name
Bronco Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Focus ST
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

My $100 never got refunded. I think this only happened for dealership moves.
Ford, not the dealer, immediately refunded my $100 with no communication, once I placed my order...I noticed it reviewing my monthly statement...
If you received no refund I would question whether an order was actual made?

Sponsored

NotApplicable

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BEVs
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Ford, not the dealer, immediately refunded my $100 with no communication, once I placed my order...I noticed it reviewing my monthly statement...
I have my week of 6/7 build scheduled email from ford so...

MattECDNdealer

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Demo: 21 Bronco BL (2dr 2.3 MT) Toy: 04 TJ Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I have my week of 6/7 build scheduled email from ford so...
so.... you should have got your $100 back! Double check your CC statement for the refund, if you really didn't get it call Ford customer service. It was up to Ford to directly refund it to you when your reservation was converted to an order.

flip

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ruxerparts.com
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Here is a good one. Checked WBDO this AM and have one allocation build scheduled this week. In an earlier post I said reservation number, not actual reservation clock time, is what I thought they were going by. I might have to change that based on what they are previewing today. Clock time, this was the first one but has a numerically higher reservation number than mine, which is the lowest. Wonder if this will hold true for others but I guess we'll see Thursday.

Bronco wannabe

Base
First Name
Bro
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
fords
Your Bronco Model
Base
Here is a good one. Checked WBDO this AM and have one allocation build scheduled this week. In an earlier post I said reservation number, not actual reservation clock time, is what I thought they were going by. I might have to change that based on what they are previewing today. Clock time, this was the first one but has a numerically higher reservation number than mine, which is the lowest. Wonder if this will hold true for others but I guess we'll see Thursday.
There's no way I'm going to try and make heads or tails of what is previewing and what gets scheduled. I have 15 that are previewing today, and the reservation slots are as follows:

It looks as though they pulled a good many Base models, which is why they pulled #242. This is another reason I told all of my customers to put their orders in no matter where they stood in line. I see a handful of Big Bends, a handful of Black Diamonds, and a couple of Outer Banks. No Wildtraks and no FE in this batch.

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

so.... you should have got your $100 back! Double check your CC statement for the refund, if you really didn't get it call Ford customer service. It was up to Ford to directly refund it to you when your reservation was converted to an order.
I wonder if this is a Canada / US thing.

In the United States the $100 went to the dealer, and our understanding all along, and the way it looks to have played out, is that money would eventually go towards the purchase of the Bronco.

Sponsored

flip

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ruxerparts.com
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

There's no way I'm going to try and make heads or tails of what is previewing and what gets scheduled. I have 15 that are previewing today, and the reservation slots are as follows:

It looks as though they pulled a good many Base models, which is why they pulled #242. This is another reason I told all of my customers to put their orders in no matter where they stood in line. I see a handful of Big Bends, a handful of Black Diamonds, and a couple of Outer Banks. No Wildtraks and no FE in this batch.
So the question is, are they just pulling a bunch to fill slots, actually using the reservation number for schedule/build/delivery, reservation time or none of this matters since it's not May yet? So for everyone here wondering why we don't know anything, and we can see what Ford is looking at, any speculation on who is going to get built is, right now, at best, speculation.

I hope they NEVER do this again since it's be such a wild, well executed, success.(n)

NotApplicable

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BEVs
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I wonder if this is a Canada / US thing.

In the United States the $100 went to the dealer, and our understanding all along, and the way it looks to have played out, is that money would eventually go towards the purchase of the Bronco.
I still can’t find any record of a $100 credit back from the dealership (which as Zack said, was the party that charged the $100).

Bronco wannabe

Base
First Name
Bro
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
fords
Your Bronco Model
Base
So the question is, are they just pulling a bunch to fill slots, actually using the reservation number for schedule/build/delivery, reservation time or none of this matters since it's not May yet? So for everyone here wondering why we don't know anything, and we can see what Ford is looking at, any speculation on who is going to get built is, right now, at best, speculation.

I hope they NEVER do this again since it's be such a wild, well executed, success.(n)
Without spending a bunch of time and actually going in and looking at those orders(which I'm not going to do), my guess is they're pulling a mix of units that aren't going to have constraint issues. That's the only reason they'd pull someone on my list with reservations number 142, 151, and 242.

Trueblue2296

Badlands
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands, 2022 F250 Tremor 6.7L
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Without spending a bunch of time and actually going in and looking at those orders(which I'm not going to do), my guess is they're pulling a mix of units that aren't going to have constraint issues. That's the only reason they'd pull someone on my list with reservations number 142, 151, and 242.
What build are those three? Are you able to look and see if they have any constraint issues? that would confirm your theory. Just a thought.

Bronco wannabe

Base
First Name
Bro
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
fords
Your Bronco Model
Base
What build are those three? Are you able to look and see if they have any constraint issues? that would confirm your theory. Just a thought.
I'm not going to look. Not worth my time guessing.
Sponsored