ramblinwreck

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
`22 Wildtrak, '21 Wrangler Rubicon 4xe
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
My son, who will be 11 when the Bronco arrives, has claimed it for when he turns 16. I will keep it at least 5 years, and he might get it, and he might not lol. I expect 10 years or so. With CV19 and remote work being a thing, I put about 5k miles a year on a car. The Bronco could, in theory, last me 20-30 years.
Sponsored

Multienduro

Big Bend
First Name
Erich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I lease as it is a 3rd vehicle for us, I have an Escape (company car) and we have a Tesla Model 3. I always go into it to lease for 3 years and at the end see if we want to buy it out and keep it as we put no miles on them. My Tacoma is a 2019 which just ticked over 15K miles after 2 years. I want to say right now I will buy it out at the end but I never know until the 3 years are up.

Erock

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F150 Alpine edition
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

What if you don’t think you’ll make it more than 10 years? Do ya just choose the last option? 🙂

Sponsored

sirreel

Outer Banks
First Name
Derrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
02 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Went with til death. My Ranger lasted 20 years so not expecting anything less with the Bronco.

KDAber64

Big Bend
First Name
Kent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 F 150
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I'll be 57 when this thing gets here... I plan on keeping it for the rest of my life and my 23 yr old son has already laid claim to it after that. I am concerned about all the electronics however. I still wish you could get one without all the gizmo's ;)

abe

Wildtrak
First Name
Abe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 F150 XLT 2.7 (sold 😥), 84 Chevy K5, 09 Chevy T
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I voted til death, but I think the days of people keeping new vehicles forever are coming to an end. Too much technology to crap out. I imagine we'll be able to find drivetrain parts for a long time, but what about the creature comforts? For example: 40 years from now, will we be able to find 12 inch screens or is Ford still going to support Sync4?

SevenT

Badlands
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1970 U15 Sport Edition; 2021 AMB 4 Door Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Keeping my 1st Generation and 6th Generation together forever. :cool:

BEM-S4

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMWs & Porsches
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Oldest nephew is 6, he can have the Bronco when he starts driving then give to his little brother. I'll get something new then... unless there's nothing that excites me in which case I'll keep the Bronco and the boys are SOL.

Sponsored

GK6G

Badlands
First Name
Graham
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'14 Jeep Grand Cherokee, '16 Merc Sprinter
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I voted 7-10 years. I'd love to keep it longer, but living in the high country in Colorado, and relying on my vehicle to get me to some pretty remote places in some pretty ugly conditions means I'll have to replace it when I don't trust it to do its job anymore. My work simply won't let me settle for less. That said, I'm coming from a string of Jeeps, and I am hoping that the Ford is engineered for the conditions a bit better, and thus has a longer service life. My current Grand Cherokee is 8 years old and has 185K on it. Hoping I can do the same or more with the Bronco before I get my next Bronco.

xcxv

Heritage
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
1.5 year until I get Warthog

MorgansRun

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW 330e
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I'm hoping for 15+ years. That's not to say that after I've paid it off, I won't get a used drivers car to switch between. But I think by the time I retire I'll have a fun outdoorsy truck, a drivers car and a responsible daily beater. Who knows, a lot can happen between now and then.

Vaquero61

Black Diamond
First Name
Irv
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco,F150,Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I'm being realistic that Automobiles will be majority electric sooner than later. I figure about 4-6 (add on 2 years until delivery). Then, I can either resale or trade-in for a decent value my 7 speed petrol burner as probably Ford will have a Hybrid and then go Electric within that time frame Bronco. Not only will VW have chargers everywhere by then but Ford also.

Attachments

Lowcountry Bronco

Heritage
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger and Toyota FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

Really depends on Ford, this is a product that got 190k people to reserve one so they got the style and image right. If they can do a quality build and make it dependable then why wouldn't I keep it? However if it's neither of those I could care less about the former.
Sponsored