Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Challenger/Nissan Xterra
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

despite the Cx-5 decision.
Now let's be clear on something. The CX-5 was my daughter's, and then my wife took it over after my daughter moved to England for school. My wife has had two Toyoto Highlanders which she loved, but I hated. Boring, boring, boring to drive. (But at least not a Minivan, thank God). The CX-5 is pretty comfortable and nice driving car, but still pretty blah.

I drive a Dodge Challenger and a Nissan Xterra. (y)

(both of which feel roomier than a Bronco. šŸ˜œ)
Sponsored

Last edited:
OP
OP
Broncodave

Broncodave

Black Diamond
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

AbeFroman

First Edition
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco First Edition
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

The interior? Really?

I keep thinking about those videos posted where guys over 6' were talking about how roomy it is. They must be paid Ford employees.
One of the 6'+ guys here, coming in at 6'5. There is only one roominess comparison that is important to me, that it is roomier than the JLU. Unquestionably yes, especially without the death bar behind my head. Comparison to anything else? Not sure that's the target they were after.

Not a ford employee, nor a paid commenter

Happytown

Badlands
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 F150 Eco SCREW 4WD
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

What are we supposed be doing, making mock ups of the interior in our garage? Measurements only go so far. So many variables in a vehicle that gives it its feel. Just knowing dimensions doesn't give you a sense of it.
I honestly suspect there are plywood, cardboard and paper mache mockups in some B6G members garages and basements based on the stuff I've seen measured here

ByeByeJeep

Black Diamond
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 C8 and 2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
There have been quite a few of these "Bronco is smaller than expected" threads here lately. I would be curious to know if those with this opinion have ever owned a JKU, JLU or thought to check one out beforehand to help gauge the Broncos size.
well, as a 14x Jeep owner, I suppose I have just about the top experience in Jeeps compared to anyone I know... And I had the opportunity to sit in all the seats a 4 door Bronco has to offer. It is most certainly larger. Not just ā€œfeels largerā€ but itā€™s sorted in a way that your left elbow In the driverā€™s seat is tons more comfortable compared to any Wrangler YJ TJ JK JL or JT Iā€™ve owned. Same goes for the size of the dash... The center console area appears slightly larger... The backseat Iā€™d say maybe wins in the JL/JT. But thatā€™s about it. Everything else, larger...

Iā€™m 6ā€™ 1ā€ and 210 Lbs

Sponsored

mdepll

Black Diamond
First Name
mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
sorento
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I know, click bait. :)

Took my wife to the Tacoma event today. I knew what to expect from Cactus Gray as I've seen it on the Bronco Sport. I knew what to expect from tire sizes since I've seen 32s (compared to 35s) on Jeeps and other vehicles. I knew what to expect from other aspects of the vehicle from all the pictures, videos and descriptions on B6G.

But what really surprised me was the overall feel of the size of a Bronco. It feels small! And we only got see the 4-door versions! With all the talk about MPGs, I thought we were going to be viewing a bigger rig. I'm 5' 10" and skinny. My wife even smaller. Both of us thought the interior felt a little tight. Certainly not enough to turn me off of buying one, but it was a bit shocking. We both agreed we wouldn't want to do a road trip in the back seats. She said to me that the Bronco looked pretty big on the outside, but on the inside actually felt smaller than her Mazda CX-5 that we drove to the event in. I agreed.

I'm surprised this hasn't been a bigger issue here on B6G. We saw other people getting in the Broncos who were larger than us, and they looked a little crammed in there. I'm hoping Ford will do as other manufacturers have done and grow the vehicle over time. It could stand to be a little bigger.

Other than that, I loved the Bronco. And I am now seriously in love with the black steelies and the Grabbers. Fabulous look! The damn high package is a problem. If I could get the high package on the Black Diamond, I would do that trim in a second.

20210428_134052.jpg
That worries me. Small!!!
How does inside compare to current 4-door wrangler ?

Last edited:
OP
OP
Broncodave

Broncodave

Black Diamond
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

That worries me. Small!!!
How does inside compare to a wrangler ?
Maybe I should have chosen my words more carefully. It felt small compared to what I was expecting. It's not small like a Mini or anything.

Personally, I don't know how the inside compares to a Jeep. I've never owned one. But based on what Jeep owners have been saying on this thread, the Bronco interior is massive!

Does it help if I think the 32" tires look plenty big?

BossMann

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Honda Pilot
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Maybe I didn't move the seats back all the way. :D

But in seriousness, when I was referring to that, I was mostly thinking about the back seats, not the front.
Understandable about the rear, but to be expected. Iā€™m most concerned with the front. The kids will have to deal with it. What I love most about it is I donā€™t knock my brains out every time I get into the driver seat unlike any jeep Iā€™ve ever ridden in.

OP
OP
Broncodave

Broncodave

Black Diamond
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

After all the back and forth here, I have come to the conclusion that anyone going to these Bronco events should arrive in a Jeep. If you don't already own one, go rent one. That way, when you get there, you'll be pleasantly surprised at how big and roomy the Bronco is. (y)

RoadKiller

Big Bend
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Junk-Wife gets new and I get left over
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Just a little thing called the rear axel, shock mounts and tires. That is why.the step up in the rear floor and cargo deck, seats don't slide over steps.

ford-bronco-showing-frame-chassis-and-suspension_3.jpg
Farther back on 2DR. The 2 Door back seats are probably narrower to accommodate shock towers and tires and can only hold 2people in back. Unlike 3 in back on 4DR. Which it looks like is in front of everything to get wided 3seater. I would of rather have gone back a little to be comfortable with only 2 on the 4DR. I've Yet to sit in the back of 2DR. Back seat may loose hight. A 3seater is a roomy 2 seater. Our Highlander seats 7 which means 5 comfortably for trips. I just don't see 3-4 of us going on long vacations in it when we get it. Maybe 3 of us with rotation.

2dr.PNG

4dr.PNG

Sponsored

cbarg14

Black Diamond
First Name
Clint
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fā€¢150
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Never sat in a Jeep, prob never will but I've driven full sized trucks my whole life and am looking for a tighter, cockpit feel. Sounds like this will deliver in that regard. Will know for sure this Saturday when I actually get to sit in one. Cheers!! šŸ»

Tricky Dick

Badlands
First Name
Dick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.TD-Distributing.com
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco, 88 Bronco II, 03 Ford F250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Never sat in a Jeep, prob never will but I've driven full sized trucks my whole life and am looking for a tighter, cockpit feel. Sounds like this will deliver in that regard. Will know for sure this Saturday when I actually get to sit in one. Cheers!! šŸ»
What's your time slot sir?

gizmohd

Badlands
First Name
Darren
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport (Wife), Bronco Badlands (Sasquatch)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

For reference... the bronco sport is bigger than the gen 1 broncos! I haven't sat in the bigger brother yet. But bought tge sport for my wife. I'm 6'6" 375lbs and can comfortably sit and drive the vehicle.

The Bronze

First Edition
First Name
Kelly
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1986 Suzuki Samurai, 1967 Ford Bronco, 1993 Turbo Notchback, 2006 Sierra K1500, 2013 Sierra K1500, 2014 Sienna Mini-Van
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

I am wheeling a Samurai, so my judgement off interior room is a bit skewed! :) I am looking forward to all that room!

wilmerfjohnson

First Edition
First Name
Wilmer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Fusion, 2009 Mariner, 2000 Taurus, 1996 Bronco, 1994 F-150, 1988 F-150, 1984 Bronco II, 1978 F-350, 1974 VW Thing
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
The interior? Really?

I keep thinking about those videos posted where guys over 6' were talking about how roomy it is. They must be paid Ford employees.
I sat in 2 different 4 door Broncos today. I'm 6'4 and a bit broader in the beam than I care to admit. The Broncos were both soft tops w top partway retracted. My 2 door Broncos will both have hard tops. Leg room, width, reach to wheel and pedals, seat adjustment was all fine. My concern is that of headroom - I was staring at the visor and top of windshield. 2 door and hard top may be different. If it is a problem I will figure out how to sink the seat about 2 inches.
Sponsored