Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, BMW R1150 GS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Don't count on self -driving trucks any time soon. Companies, lawmakers, and insurance agencies are not fond of the risks attached to them, and the technology isn't even good enough yet.
So true, Thed.

Bring it home, Oh Great A.I. Bot in the Sky...

Ford Bronco Gas stations running out of gas! C43A7950-7D95-427B-A5EA-585C48BA84D3

To us mere mortals, “biological neural nets with optical imagers” means “human beings with eyes”. 😂

Ford Bronco Gas stations running out of gas! 17F0158B-0B25-4B2B-A5F6-30B989D2642F
Sponsored

Last edited:

MaverickMan

Black Diamond
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 bronco sport 91 comanche eliminator 93 v8 zj
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Now we just need the actual truckers. There’s such a shortage and will continue to be a shortage until self driving trucks are fully deployed.
I gave up on trucking. Too many regulations, too many companies wanting you to break the regulations, and too much freeking diesel exhaust at the truck stops. Even if you got a facility with Idle-Air or in a place where idling is illegal. The air is still thick with it. Sleeping with the vibrations mixed with poor air, and that glorious flying j pizza deal all contribution to a workforce with excessively high sleep apnea. Seemed like 1 in 10 required cpap machines in their truck by federal law. I will keep my CDL incase times get tough I can go back to the mainland and make 50k starting out at the cost of not having a home(atleast one you can use) but you gotta really love the road and have a partner who loves it too to stick with it.

I will just say the easiest part about trucking is manuevering a 53' trailer backwards down tight city alleys. Driving the truck aint bad at all but living the truck, that takes a kind of grit will change you for good or ill.

I wouldnt worry about fuel shortages, its a double ploy from the left and the right to scare everyone.

Garemlin

Black Diamond
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
---
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I saw the report on the news yesterday. It started with gas shortage period. Gets everyone's attention. And as they got deeper into the report they said specifically resort and vacation areas may see shortages.

Sponsored

North7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Seems like there used to be a pipeline that ran here from Canada, wonder what happened to that?
Only 97% of the cars on road are ICE, we don't need the extra pipeline capacity since the other 3% are EV. :rolleyes:

/s

Last edited:

JZZ

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Exactly I don’t believe or watch any of the major networks they are more about there opinion of the news which always seems to steer towards a narrative either right or left do your own investigation and then VOTE your opinion not the news medis sorry for this vent it doesn’t belong on Bronco forum

Sponsored

KirchTX

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
1) we try to hire drivers and can’t compete for them bc we’re a small biz and fairly rural
2) I used to work in insurance for oil/gas and the guys in North Dakota were sucking up all the drivers they could it was crazy
3) self driving is closer than you think. There are trucks already running from California to Arizona
4) speaking of insurance, no matter what your political views on the pipeline it is a good idea because it’s so much safer than rail cars or especially trucks that wind up carrying the oil down anyway. A few years ago an oil train derailed in Canada and killed like 40+ people. Oil in pipelines is insured at the same rate as it is in static storage tanks.

Thed

Big Bend
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 GX460 '16 Miata '67 F-100 '21 Streetfighter V4
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Good thing I drive a diesel.
Daily driving a diesel has its perks, but filling up at the one of twenty pumps at a gas station sucks. Especially when there's a gas car parked there and inside the c-store and you're stuck at the pump waiting for it to open up. There's a reason the diesel pumps are the easiest to get to: trucks need to get to them.

PSA: DON'T FILL UP YOUR GAS CAR AT A DIESEL PUMP UNLESS THERE AREN'T ANY OTHER PUMPS! Shit makes my blood boil.

Status
Not open for further replies.