Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 4 Door Ford Bronco Badlands Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Thanks for the news!
Stuff like this isn’t uncommon when contract manufacturers aren’t meeting their goals, glad Ford is stepping in to resolve it.
Sponsored

mrjerry469

Black Diamond
First Name
JERRY
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BLACK DIAMOND
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

The raw material delay was very real and hid many of the systemic problems that were there all along.
Dayumnnnnnn fly me to Michigan put me up pay me a decent wage put me to work. I done everything from rank and file to senior management, crewing, finance, job picks. I do have a bad hand. But just get er done .

NotApplicable

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BEVs
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
no leaks, wind noise, wobbling/sqeaking noises while driving
Yeah sorry, no removable hard top will be immune to all those conditions. Maybe on day 1…

sgraing1

Black Diamond
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Black Diamond.A Bunch More Junk.
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
They need to move the plant here to South Carolina. No unions to worry about. 😁 BMW is having no delays either. Just saying.

**runs and hides**
Very low volume.

Raptor911

Raptor
First Name
Raptor911
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 F150 Raptor, 2022 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Whatever the issue, it will never spill over into the public domain unless litigation is involved.

Be happy that Ford understands the issue and is determined to fix it by spending millions.

The Bronco is prob the most important new vehicle launch ever for ford. They have already stated it is the most expensive launch ever.

I believe ford can fix it. If you don’t believe they can fix it then don’t give Ford your hard earned money.

Is it that difficult for Ford to be transparent? Is it just roof concerns? What about the commodities we keep allegedly hearing about? What is THE ROOT CAUSE. I don’t think Ford knows yet.

Last edited:

Sponsored

Wookiee

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy 1500
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

They need to move the plant here to South Carolina. No unions to worry about. 😁 BMW is having no delays either. Just saying.

**runs and hides**
If you’re simply referring to no unions in the upstate, you are correct. However when those shiny new Beamers get to Charleston, union hands are all over them. If you see an 18 wheeler with a box on it, chances are VERY high it was unloaded/loaded by a union member

Skdmarc

Outer Banks
First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 ram 1500
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
So this is great news but which is worse the leadership at webasto, which sounds like they just sucked from day 1, or Ford leadership who selected this inept company to handle their hottest product in 50 years and never checked how things were going on top production

604Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Who makes it? Curt, Draw-Tite? Storm the facilities!
If this turns into another one of those “let’s storm Area 51” internet things I’m done… lol

Sponsored

MadMan4BamaNATL

Badlands
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco 2DR Badlands Sasquatch, 2021 RR Sport
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Sounds like a salesman at Webasto wrote a check the company couldn't cash. This is the same kind of thing GT Advanced Technologies did to Apple with Sapphire for the watch faces. Apple ended up taking control of GT and liquidating everything.
This scenario plays out all the time in business. If a company always waited until absolutely sure, nothing would ever be done and there would be no innovation.

Projections are just what you do. Sure, you try to do the math to ensure accuracy and efficiency, but sometimes, all the time, unknowns or unforeseens occur which cause you to adjust.

Just ask anyone who's served in the military about "planning vs. execution".

Why not change suppliers? Economies of scale, patents, tooling, training, testing, liability and risk. These are the reasons why standing by Wabasto is the best pathway forward, as they are close to a breakthrough with a little pushing.

Now, next go around, a new supplier may come online as others are no doubt approaching Ford with proposals, but you can't buy that in the middle of a campaign, as an analyst like me would nail you and your rating, thus killing your stock price.

It's just business, no one is trying to hurt any of us.

chtucker

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
There are several answers in this article, I wonder if they get the multi million dollar grant revoked and lose the local tax incentives, if they are still in business at that location after this.
Autonews
Behind a paywall for me

NotApplicable

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BEVs
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
If this turns into another one of those “let’s storm Area 51” internet things I’m done… lol
Or another one of those “let’s attempt a coup” things. Actually the fact that storming anything has even been jokingly suggested is probably reason enough to end the conversation, from a liability perspective ;)

JaxGtc

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1975 EB Sport; 2021 Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks

**runs and hides**
Thanks not completely accurate. My neighbor just bought an SUV with multiple "substitute" systems and features because of supply chain issues including the premium sound system that is not available. BMW provided a disclosure document that they had to acknowledge at purchase.

604Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I’ll bring the beer. 😁
If you didn’t, I’d be disappointed in you. Not “Webasto disappointed” though… that’d be too far.
Sponsored