Ivan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Hello

It’s my first time posting. Please help me with the following.

I have a new Bronco Wildtrak on order, and I think it’s going to arrive in about 3 months.

I am thinking about upgrading the rims with Icon Rebound (titanium). There appears to be two options re “offset”. They are zero and 25. I’m not sure if I truly understand the implications of the decision either way, so I would really appreciate some advice.

rims 17 x 8.5
Bolts 6 x 5.5
Tyres 35 12.5 t17

please help, thanks, Ivan.
Sponsored

OP
OP
fernieboy

fernieboy

Wildtrak
First Name
Ivan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
offset is the relationship between the hub mounting surface on the inside of the wheel, and the center line of the outer rim.

zero offset is where the outer rim is in line with mounting surface.

negative offset would have the rim protruding out from the vehicle.

positive offset would tuck the wheel in tighter to the car.

Its important to get the right offset so you dont end up hitting the fenders or the wheel well.

I have no clue what the stock offset is though. but your safest bet would be to match it.

OP
OP
fernieboy

fernieboy

Wildtrak
First Name
Ivan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Thanks. That makes sense.

I guess I need to find out what the production offset is. If anyone can help, I’d be grateful.

Out of interest, do you think that choosing an offset that results in the tires protruding from the vehicle would affect the dynamics significantly?

texasgreazer

Heritage
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Explorer, 2019 GMC Canyon
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

offset is the relationship between the hub mounting surface on the inside of the wheel, and the center line of the outer rim.

zero offset is where the outer rim is in line with mounting surface.

negative offset would have the rim protruding out from the vehicle.

positive offset would tuck the wheel in tighter to the car.

Its important to get the right offset so you dont end up hitting the fenders or the wheel well.

I have no clue what the stock offset is though. but your safest bet would be to match it.
I think you are incorrect on the Zero offset part. I've always understood Zero offset to mean the mounting surface in centered between the inside and outside lip of the wheels.

Zero - Centered
Positive - mounting surface closer to the wheel face ( which would tuck them as you said)
Negative - mounting surface closer to inside of wheel ( pushing wheel out as you said)

Factory offset can be found here somewhere, I think it was Pos +55 for everything except Sas with the Sas being +33 (maybe 35).

So....the zero Icons will push the wheels out somewhere between 33-55mm depending on factory wheel (if I'm correct on the factory measurements). The Icon +25 will only push it out around
8-20mm

OP
OP
fernieboy

fernieboy

Wildtrak
First Name
Ivan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I think you are incorrect on the Zero offset part. I've always understood Zero offset to mean the mounting surface in centered between the inside and outside lip of the wheels.

Zero - Centered
Positive - mounting surface closer to the wheel face ( which would tuck them as you said)
Negative - mounting surface closer to inside of wheel ( pushing wheel out as you said)

Factory offset can be found here somewhere, I think it was Pos +55 for everything except Sas with the Sas being +33 (maybe 35).

So....the zero Icons will push the wheels out somewhere between 33-55mm depending on factory wheel (if I'm correct on the factory measurements). The Icon +25 will only push it out around
8-20mm
Well thank you, mr/miss Texas. I guess that the +25’s will be the best suited. I really don’t want my new bronco to look like a toy car.

I also seem to remember seeing the factory offset for Sasquatch at 30mm, but I can’t remember where. cheers 🍻

Sponsored

Bronco_Buckeroo

Wildtrak
First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

You can play around and compare different offsets and tire sizes with this calculator. Includes visualization so you can see how different offsets and tire sizes effect overall position.

https://tiresize.com/wheel-offset-calculator/

So, SAS tires being 315/70/R17, and as all have mentioned, +30mm seems to be the generally accepted offset, you can plug all that in and your prospective setup in to see what it’ll look like after.

You should also keep in mind that widening your stance (wider rim and/or decreased offset), even only slightly can lead to the outer edge of the tire rubbing on fender/crash bar. You’re effectively widening the arch of the outer edge as you move it further from the pivot point (steering knuckle).

Hope that helps.

Apples

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep JLUR, 2004 Lexus GX470
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Too much positive offset and the rim will hit the spindle and/or the control arms. It may also create contact between the tires and the frame when you turn full lock.

Too much negative offset and you may end up hitting the fenders when you turn the wheel or fully stuff the tire. An extreme negative offset also puts more strain on your wheel hub and may lead to premature failure.

Jsullivan

Base
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Explorer, 2016 F350 Diesel, 2013 Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Base
Hello

I have a new Bronco Wildtrak on order, and I think it’s going to arrive in about 3 months.

I am thinking about upgrading the rims with Icon Rebound (titanium). There appears to be two options re “offset”. They are zero and 25. I’m not sure if I truly understand the implications of the decision either way, so I would really appreciate some advice.

rims 17 x 8.5
Bolts 6 x 5.5
Tyres 35 12.5 t17

Hope these help.
FYI I ordered a set of Ultra rims, 16x8 10mm offset with 106.1mm Hub Diameter and 139.7 mm bolt pattern.
I also have a set of 106.1mm to 93.1mm hub adapters.
I'm planning on putting 265/75r16 tires and the Ultra rims on my Base.
If I calculated right my tires should stick out 6mm less than the Sasquatch package. That's still about 2" past the stock Base tires and rims.
I hope it fits inside the fender flares. If not I'll be upgading.
Ford Bronco Icon rebound wheels offsets Back Space Charrt.JPG
Ford Bronco Icon rebound wheels offsets Wheel Offset.JPG
Ford Bronco Icon rebound wheels offsets Wheel Back Spacing.JPG
Ford Bronco Icon rebound wheels offsets Bronco Tire INfo.JPG

Last edited:

Silver-Bolt

Wildtrak
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Raptor, 2020 Audi SQ5, 2023 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

+25mm is closer to the factory offset. Your tire choice is larger than the factory Wildtrak tires. The combination of those wheels and tires could possibly have rubbing issues.

Sponsored

Wanted33

Outer Banks
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 2019 Wrangler, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Hope these help.
FYI I ordered a set of Ultra rims, 16x8 10mm offset with 106.1mm Hub Diameter and 139.7 mm bolt pattern.
I also have a set of 106.1mm to 93.1mm hub adapters.
I'm planning on putting 265/75r16 tires and the Ultra rims on my Base.
If I calculated right my tires should stick out 6mm less than the Sasquatch package. That's still about 2" past the stock Base tires and rims.
I hope it fits inside the fender flares. If not I'll be upgading.
Back Space Charrt.JPG
Wheel Offset.JPG
Wheel Back Spacing.JPG
Bronco Tire INfo.JPG
@Jsullivan Thanks for this Jay, but it's still all Greek to me. My old mine just won't comprehend which way to go. I'm looking at a set of Icon Rebounds for my OBX which has 18"x7.5" wheels. The only size I see in the Rebounds is the 18"x9" +25. I don't even know if the factory tries will fit these wheels (I really don't want to but new tires), or if the +25 offset will work. Hopefully some of the wheel manufacturers will come up with wheels closer to the stock set up for the unwashed like myself. :)

BTW, I just gave you your first "like", 'cause by golly you needed one.(y)

Carolina Jim

Black Diamond
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 2-door
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
BTW, I just gave you your first "like", 'cause by golly you needed one.(y)
Hellyeah; me too...they're still only charging 50 cents for those right?

HoosierDaddy

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68&69 Broncos, 21 AMB Base 2dr, 23 VB BL 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

ATLBronco75

Badlands
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2.7 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

You want the +25 offset to be close to stock. 0 will probably fit but it will poke the tires outside the fenders.

Raptor911

Raptor
First Name
Raptor911
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 F150 Raptor, 2022 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
wildtrak oem wheels is 30 offset so You should be fine at 25. If you only mild off-road your truck then you will be fine at 0.

Hello

rims 17 x 8.5
Bolts 6 x 5.5
Tyres 35 12.5 t17

Sponsored