First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 FX4
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Ford always nuters their vehicles. A tune will have it in the mid 6's.
Sponsored

WarthogJr

Black Diamond
First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Bronco Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I can’t believe there are this many posts after the tool OP admitted the road was wet and there was tire slippage which kicked in traction control. Why even post this total bullshit video? Shut down this thread that is wasting everyone’s time and misleading the gullible.

Gotdesl

Badlands
First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ram 3500 Megacab 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Just an observation... there is a delay in the digital speedo that isn't in the analog. RPM, boost, and analog speedo are all increasing before the digital speedo starts registering momentum. He's pretty damn close on the start timer. Knowing that this is a learning transmission and brand new, fresh engine has probably everything to do with this speed test. The learning and mapping that the vehicle needs to do can very easily account for the increased 0-60 time. It is worth revisiting after break in period is over.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Middleton Motorsports

Middleton Motorsports

First Edition
Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
MM Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Website
shop.middletonmotorsports.net
Vehicle(s)
2021 First Edition Bronco
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Looks like nothing registered on speedometer until ~1.5 sec went by. So subtract at least 1 sec right? Plus it was wet out … not normal conditions for 0-60 test … and I doubt the tester did hard revved launch like they typically do for these tests.
I wish they had 60 to 80 tests. Something to simulate high speed passing situations.
we can do that

OP
OP
Middleton Motorsports

Middleton Motorsports

First Edition
Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
MM Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Website
shop.middletonmotorsports.net
Vehicle(s)
2021 First Edition Bronco
Your Bronco Model
First Edition

JeebusCripes

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘94 M998, ‘89 Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Ford always nuters their vehicles. A tune will have it in the mid 6's.
I know nothing about tuning or modding cars. What’s a tune typically cost? $100, $1000? I was reading about a new air intake mod and exhaust upgrade but the comments also recommended a tune. I have no idea how expensive something like a tune would run.

Sponsored

calgecko

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Chevy ZR2 Bison V6
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I know nothing about tuning or modding cars. What’s a tune typically cost? $100, $1000? I was reading about a new air intake mod and exhaust upgrade but the comments also recommended a tune. I have no idea how expensive something like a tune would run.
depends.. you can go with a gimmicky device like a Pedal Commander for a few hundred bucks... you can go with a Cobb tuner and 'off the shelf' (pre-loaded) tunes for about $450, or you can go with a Cobb Tuner and a 'pro tune' ($450 for the tuner and then probably another $400 or so for the tuning process), where you do a data log of your vehicle in stock form, send the data log to your tuner, they evaluate how it's running, what kind of fuel you run, and other factors - then they create a custom tune that they email to you - and you install it on the tuning device, and then upload that to the vehicle.. then you do another data log, send the file to the tuner so they can see how your vehicle has responded to base tune, and they tweak the tune and send you an update.. this process can continue 2-3 times until the tuner is satisfied ... of course, things like upgraded intercooler, waste gate actuator, intake/exhaust, charge pipes, all affect the tuning process too

Razorbak86

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, BMW R1150 GS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

thanks -- no it doesn't affect my life, it just is frustrating when I go on here and try to have a respectful, interesting conversation on-topic, and 60% of people are jerks.
So, its pretty much not worth it to me to weed through the crap
I get that you’re frustrated. I get frustrated, too, wading through a lot of the shit that gets posted here, but you need to figure out where and when to engage, like I had to do for my own sanity.

Let’s review… (1) you’ve already been perma-banned once; (2) after you create a new account, you visit a “0-60” thread for a Bronco Sasquatch “race car” (troll city); (3) you take some pretty stinky bait from a 2-post-wonder (obvious troll is obvious), and (4) you react poorly when someone trolls you back with a funny, Talledega Nights quote, which ironically is actually on-topic for this thread. 🤷‍♂️

Do you recognize a pattern here? So figure out where to go (and where to avoid), when to engage (and when not to), and how to use the tools at your disposal (e.g., thread ignore, member ignore) to make participating in the forum a more productive experience.

Personally, I’d like to see you stay, if for no other reason than to torture the trolls that so desperately seek your attention by simply depriving them of their basic needs. I think you can do it! 👍

Last edited: