First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021Bronco 2020 GT500 2016 F-150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Great post! Thank you for sharing your initial thoughts!

Looking forward to more posts from you as you get to drive it more often. I’d love to learn a bit more about the MIC roof, and how water drains on it. You mentioned it held water pretty good, but one of my biggest concerns is a leaking roof. If you ever get any pictures of the panels off, or some panels to show how it all inter-locks and maybe even how water drains around it, that’d be pretty cool.

Also, can you do me a favour? Can you actually test out the 12V plug in the cargo area? Is it on only when the vehicle is turned on? I suspect it is, but hope it’s not!

Thanks!! Enjoy the awesome ride :)
The whole roof interlocks nicely. With everything off, the back third goes on first. The middle row overlaps the back seam. Then you put on the passenger front followed by the drivers front. All the seams are like a “half lap” style joint. Very well designed. I’d rather have the water running down the outside than raining on the inside.
Sponsored

OP
OP
SirBenimen

SirBenimen

Badlands
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Great post! Thank you for sharing your initial thoughts!

Looking forward to more posts from you as you get to drive it more often. I’d love to learn a bit more about the MIC roof, and how water drains on it. You mentioned it held water pretty good, but one of my biggest concerns is a leaking roof. If you ever get any pictures of the panels off, or some panels to show how it all inter-locks and maybe even how water drains around it, that’d be pretty cool.

Also, can you do me a favour? Can you actually test out the 12V plug in the cargo area? Is it on only when the vehicle is turned on? I suspect it is, but hope it’s not!

Thanks!! Enjoy the awesome ride :)
plug works when vehicle is not running. Not sure how long that lasts. It was a quick test
Ford Bronco First In-Depth Owner’s Review: 2021 Bronco Badlands 4-Door 2.7L 2D3BB17D-E81F-4660-9FF6-D4B01F88A4CB

OP
OP
SirBenimen

SirBenimen

Badlands
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Great write up and congrats.
Can you tell us more about the engine break in?
Seems a few threads back someone did a 0 to 60 and got a bad time and I’m wondering if this is the reason.
Per manual “Your vehicle requires a break-in period. For the first 1,000 mi (1,600 km), avoid driving at high speeds, heavy braking, aggressive shifting or using your vehicle to tow. During this time, your vehicle may exhibit some unusual driving characteristics”

OP
OP
SirBenimen

SirBenimen

Badlands
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Thanks for the write up , sounds like you are already having fun with it.

One question, how's your initial opinion of those tires .......think you'll run em or replace ?
I’ll run em and review them. If I were to pick a tire that probably wouldn’t be it, but I’ll be fair and give it a chance.

Sponsored

DreamFolise

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1983 Jeep Scrambler, 2022 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

How’s gas mileage so far?

Dirt Dog

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Great write up ! Going to a wedding in Petoskey later this month. I'll keep an eye out for your fire engine on my way up ! Very nice build !

Sponsored

De Brus

First Edition
First Name
De Brus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'14 HD 1200, '66 IH, '62 VW
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Beautiful ride, brother. Thank you for the initial impressions and enjoy that beast!

Broncodave

Black Diamond
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Challenger/Nissan Xterra
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Thank you SirBenimen!

BroncoJay

Badlands
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
How damn exciting. Almost my same build minus the squatch...
I’m happy you are enjoying your rig!
Looks great!

Heart2

Big Bend
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Thanks for the review I am happy for you! I was late to the game with my reservation, so I'm going back and forth between a 2 door and a 4 door. Picking a color has been difficult, too. I am curious about your thoughts on the look and feel of the MGV...
Sponsored