First Name
Brent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 F150 Sport, 2021 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I believe the front-facing camera only stays on at higher speeds in certain GOAT modes. Ford should update it to show in just plain Jane 4H and 4L as well.
Correct. You need to be in Baja mode to have the cameras on and displaying on your screen at higher speeds.
Sponsored

lobbs611

Badlands
First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2D JL Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

My 5th Gen Camaro SS had the windows that had to drop to clear the seal. The only issue that I ever had with them was when we'd get icy snow. Yes, it was my year round daily... The ice would prevent the window from dropping properly and they'd hang up when opening the door. I got into the habit of leaving them just slightly cracked if I knew we'd be getting precipitation. Not enough for anything to blow in but enough that they'd clear the seal.

Razorback

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lincoln MKX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

fpGT350

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
99 Viper RT/10; 09 AMG C63; 18 GT350
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Terrific looking Bronco! Thanks for the write-up.

ssolypop

Badlands
First Name
Solomon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Avenger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Great insight. What are your thoughts on the 33s, did they seem adequate for your usage? Was there a time where you needed a larger tire? Have you driven a 2.3 manual / how would you compare the two?

Sponsored
OP
OP
sledboy

sledboy

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco, RZR XP4 Turbo
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Great insight. What are your thoughts on the 33s, did they seem adequate for your usage? Was there a time where you needed a larger tire? Have you driven a 2.3 manual / how would you compare the two?
Love the 33s! I think they are a good compromise between on-road, towing and off-road. And there are other personal reasons for getting the 33s over the 35s. I am sure we will get into situations where the 35s will be better but for us, the 33s are working great. Sorry but I have not driven the manual so I don't know how they compare.

Canyonero02

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford F150, 2021 Jeep JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I have the 10 speed in my F-150 3.5 Ecoboost. It's just OK. When accelerating as if merging onto a highway it tries to stay in the higher gears too long. I prefer the ZF 8 speed in my wife's 2.0T Wrangler. Always in the right gear.

swooshdave

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

"By September" , "Spring 2021", dates and time frames from Ford seem to be a little loose.
Not technically. Summer doesn't technically start until late June.

Some of us think of the seasons in regards to weather but really it's base on the position of the Earth.

https://www.almanac.com/content/first-day-seasons

But we have learned that "By September" means most likely August 31st at 11:59pm. And 59 seconds.

Raptor911

Raptor
First Name
Raptor911
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 F150 Raptor, 2022 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
put it in sport mode and the trans will not shift into the higher gears and try to save gas

I have the 10 speed in my F-150 3.5 Ecoboost. It's just OK. When accelerating as if merging onto a highway it tries to stay in the higher gears too long. I prefer the ZF 8 speed in my wife's 2.0T Wrangler. Always in the right gear.

Cencal Bronco

Big Bend
First Name
Wayne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Beautiful truck, congrats. I drove a stock BB and felt the same about the suspension. But I hear the SAS is softer.

Sponsored

Mattwings

Badlands
First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Thanks for the write up. I am seeing similar mileage on my non SQ Badlands. I am pleasantly surprised. I was also surprised about the Willys ride quality. I find my Badlands better than my F150 and much better than my LJ or JL that I tried to replace it with. The JK was not in my selection set by the time I knew the Bronco was coming back, so my perspective is obviously dated too.I think the steering and ride are kind of the same from a perception standpoint on our horrible MI roads, so maybe it’s where we use them? Every Jeep I have driven is so unsettled by the frost heaves and potholes that it made them tiring to drive (loved my Jeep when I lived in GA). Enjoy and keep reporting back!

Peter Gosenya

Badlands
First Name
Gabe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

This will just shift the transmission up or down, show the indicator for a few seconds and disappears once the auto takes back over. Why should I have to actually "shift" the transmission to see what gear it is in?:unsure:
When in auto can you shift down with toggle and prevent trans from shifting any higher? For example your in traffic and you shift it down to 2nd to keep it from having to constantly shift up and down. It will only shift automatically between 1st and 2nd. In the F150 it will keep the gear displayed until you have allowed it to go into the highest gear.

Solfive

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Nice write-up! Do you plan on towing your rzr with the bronco? If so, hopefully you’ll share your thoughts afterwards.

OP
OP
sledboy

sledboy

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco, RZR XP4 Turbo
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
When in auto can you shift down with toggle and prevent trans from shifting any higher? For example your in traffic and you shift it down to 2nd to keep it from having to constantly shift up and down. It will only shift automatically between 1st and 2nd. In the F150 it will keep the gear displayed until you have allowed it to go into the highest gear.
It works the way you describe in the F150 but does not work the same way in the Bronco.

ohvrider

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford F-150 Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Not all modes allow front camera to be on at high speeds. most of the ford video's I saw they switch to Baja mode to get that functionality.

The street modes definitely don't allow this for legal reasons.
Sponsored