First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 2 Door
Your Bronco Model
Base
1000 miles so far, only using 87 octane, and am getting 17mpg in a BL non-SAS 4dr manual.

Been as low as 16.5 and as high as 17.2 according to the trip computer. Don't get above 70mph and ratio has been 65% city and 35% highway.
I didn't pay close attention, but I feel like after 1500 miles I started getting slightly better MPG. Dash currently says 19.9 mpg running 89 octane in regular mode. I'm going to keep a better log to see what is optimal.

I have heard high octane increases highway driving quite a bit from other people on here.
Sponsored

Apple Blossom

Outer Banks
First Name
Nancy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Edge
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Attached Below is the mpg I observed on a trip (from Youngstown Ohio to Fort Wayne Indiana) in my 4 door Sasquatch 2.7. The beginning of the trip had some elevation changes going through the Ohio valley until you reach the west side of Cleveland, after that is pretty flat. I had cruise set at 75MPH (70mph speed limit) the majority of the way until I got off of I80 west then I set it to 69 MPH in the 65 Zones. The trip to Youngstown was horrible, I was averaging 14.3MPG due to a nasty 20-30mph headwind. The return trip was much better and around what I expected. While I was on 80, I counted 7 big broncos on the way to Youngstown and 10 big broncos on the way back to Fort Wayne. Before anyone brings up mpg and a Prius if I really cared Iā€™d be driving my 55MPG TDI. Just giving some in-site to people who maybe on the fence due to the oil companies gouging everyone.

4757B5DD-C210-4A00-B282-BFD82429FDD6.jpeg

188E5732-27C6-4777-9606-4BAAD248E8FD.jpeg
You have a cute girl friend/wife....

Mr. Nice

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jayson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12' Boss302, 08' Audi TT, 13' CRV, 14" Ridgeline
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I didn't pay close attention, but I feel like after 1500 miles I started getting slightly better MPG. Dash currently says 19.9 mpg running 89 octane in regular mode. I'm going to keep a better log to see what is optimal.

I have heard high octane increases highway driving quite a bit from other people on here.
Higher octane isnā€™t going to increase your MPG much if at all. It does though have the ability to produce more hp due to advancing the engineā€™s timing. More power doesnā€™t usually equate better mileage.

bronco2drga

Base
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 2 Door
Your Bronco Model
Base
Higher octane isnā€™t going to increase your MPG much if at all. It does though have the ability to produce more hp due to advancing the engineā€™s timing. More power doesnā€™t usually equate better mileage.
I completely understand the concept but I think with the timing being advanced for higher octane and may actually be more efficient. I've read several things on here where people say with premium on the highway they're getting better mileage.

I'll be curious to monitor RPMs at certain speeds and see what happens with different modes and octanes.

2ata

Base
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Curr.: 2021 Ford Bronco; '77 924, '01 986, '02 911
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

2,500 miles, 17.1 on the display, 15.1 hand calculated.

Sponsored

Broncodave

Black Diamond
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Challenger/Nissan Xterra
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

2,500 miles, 17.1 on the display, 15.1 hand calculated.
Shit, I'm getting 15.1 on the display! That's not good.

Mr. Nice

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jayson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12' Boss302, 08' Audi TT, 13' CRV, 14" Ridgeline
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I completely understand the concept but I think with the timing being advanced for higher octane and may actually be more efficient. I've read several things on here where people say with premium on the highway they're getting better mileage.

I'll be curious to monitor RPMs at certain speeds and see what happens with different modes and octanes.
You could be onto something here. I remember a test that Car and Driver did with different vehicles and different octane levels. The Ford 3.5 eco was the only one in the test that made more hp and got better mileage with high octane.
Thatā€™s all I am going to run.

evomind

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
All sorts of things
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Guys,
My daughter has a 2.3 4 door base model with about 7k miles.
She keeps it in eco mode and doesnt drive fast and she is averaging 25.5 mpg since new.
I keep telling her to post on here.
lol

DaveInSA

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands 4DR, 2007 Saturn Sky
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Definitely depends on the type of driving.
Very short trips around my home to stores and things, 14mpg.
Longer drives at highway speed, 18mpg

2.3L 2DR MT with a driver still shaking off the 20+year MT hiatus (other than motorcycles) cobwebs :D. Only 1400 miles on the vehicle though so far.

ChetC

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I've tracked my Bronco's MPG on the dash and hand calculated over 27 tanks of gas so far and found that the Bronco reads approximately .68 MPG high, which isn't bad considering my 2014 Ram 1500 was 1-1.5 MPG high. You can calculate a correction to your reported MPG readings on your dash by tracking the fuel mileage your Bronco reports as well as hand calculating your mileage. The more tanks you do this for, the more accurate your correction. Basically, just divide the hand calculated MPG by the Bronco's MPG reading. Average these all together to get a decimal adjustment. In my case it was .960

You can then correct your dash MPG by sitting in the Bronco until all screens go blank. Once that happens, press and hold the OK button on your steering wheel for at least five seconds. Continue to hold the OK button and start the Bronco. Keep the OK button pressed and about three seconds after the Bronco starts you'll see a screen that says "Engineering Test Screen". Immediately let go of the OK button. Then hit the up arrow button to change the AFE Bias. It defaults to 1000. Ignore the decimal from your calculation above and using the arrows enter your new AFE Bias (you can change this at will so you can tweak this number for accuracy as time goes on). In my case, down arrow to 960. Save it, turn the Bronco off, wait a few seconds and restart the Bronco. You'll notice the MPG on your dash now reflects this change.

It's never going to be 100% accurate, 100% of the time but it will be darn close going forward.

Sponsored

seajayseven

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
lots
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I win.

Ford Bronco Real world MPG C4D79C6C-C6F4-4EF1-BA20-264CCDEF346C

The above was almost all highway.
Below is all 773 of the miles on the truck.

2.3 big bend auto with 35ā€™s.

Ford Bronco Real world MPG 6ED75FFC-CE21-4E3B-A7CE-E9BEF68B5ACA

Pipe Doctor

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Wildtrak, 2020 BMW X7, 2016 Sprinter
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Feels like 10 mpg or less how often Iā€™m filling up. Just checked the dash and it says 14 mpg. I have a 2.7 on 37ā€™s mostly city driving

JMV123

Badlands
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford F350/2015 Subaru
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
R
Ford Bronco Real world MPG 6146473A-B936-4257-8F21-1094C965901B
Ford Bronco Real world MPG 65108D77-CB98-47FE-AD0D-78885F2451C0

Badlands 2.7L, Susquatch including Lux and hit 21.1 mph of a recent round trip to West Yellowstone and back. Many Mtn passes and most of the drive was in 4wd auto. Slow driving and nothing over 60mph do to road conditions. Using91 Octaine ethanol free gas. Makes all the difference in how you drive it.

MnLakeBum

Outer Banks
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜18 Range Rover Diesel
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I have 17k miles on my non-Sasquatch 2.7L with 315/70R17 Wildpeaks and average 17.5 mpg in mixed driving. Most of the miles have been by my daughters and Iā€™m sure it would be lower if I was the only driver. Iā€™ll have a chance to find out as I have a 2.7L Sasquatch arriving this week and I will be the only driver on this new one.

I didnā€™t buy this vehicle to baby it or drive it slow. Iā€™ve reached that stage of life where the more fuel burned, the happier I am whether itā€™s a Bronco, boat, snowmobile, or jet ski. Next up is a Polaris RZR. :)

Koz44

Outer Banks
First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 Door Bronco Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
2dr 2.7 OBX with Falken Wildpeaks instead of standard OBX tires. Iā€™m at 16.8 mpg after 17k miles in almost all normal mode (my sons always drive in sport). Iā€™m probably 75/25 non-highway to highway driving and I also have a Yakima roof platform and sometimes a Thule roof box (for trips) on it that kill my mpg.
Sponsored