First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands, BMW 3 Series
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I have 13k on the odometer. Since day 1, I have averaged 18.9 mpg (combined). I have a 2 door 2.7. It is amazing how strong winds beat down your mpg. I usually average between 18-20 mpg on highway/interstate driving. I went on one trip and fought strong winds. I averaged 15.3 going 60 mph.
I’m getting right around 14 mpg - but it sits in kid pickup line, and it’s 103 degrees here, so it gets cooled down before I take off anywhere but the garage. I get like 20mpg on the commute to work, but the idling kills it lol.
Sponsored

RedDawg

Big Bend
First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chrysler
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

1200 miles in mostly Eco, but occasionally in Sport when I’m feeling particularly salty.
The dash says 23.7. My math on the last tank said 22.4.
2.3 auto stock Big Bend

Jeffiedean

Big Bend
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 f150 screw
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend

BluebroncoNC

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco & 1977 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

My 4 banger, 2dr, was averaging 21.5. My now v6, 2dr, 19.6 combined. 1300 combined driving, both broncos over basically the same routes as the Bronco is my daily.

Um, not sure if it makes a difference but I live at an elevation that averages 2200 ft.

Snowdogyyz

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Ford Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I’m at 16.8 in my 2.7 badlands Sasquatch. I have about 1200 miles on it. Changed tires at 600 miles to heavier BFG KO2 AT’s E rated. MPG has stayed the same. Mixture of city and highway driving. Probably 50/50.

Sponsored

Mrpenn46

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands - Cactus Gray
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Using FillUp app to calculate and track actual mileage I have the following stats, Max: 19.05, Min: 14.41, and Average 16.66 mpg over a range of 6,859 miles.

I've found the dash is approximately 5% optimistic compared to calculating MPG.

Robe81

Black Diamond
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco (Area 51, Black Diamond, M7)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
2022 Black Diamond 2.3L w/manual here. Drove backroads averaging 50-60 mph with just a little bit of interstate thrown in and terrain flat as a pancake. Computer said 25 mpg. Wishing I could average that on the daily but I live in a tourist town that can routinely take 45 min to go 9 miles. Drops substantially riding 1st-2nd gear the whole time.

bronco2drga

Base
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 2 Door
Your Bronco Model
Base
Just know the dash isn't 100% accurate. You're better off to hand calculate each tank.

bronco2drga

Base
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 2 Door
Your Bronco Model
Base
2022 Black Diamond 2.3L w/manual here. Drove backroads averaging 50-60 mph with just a little bit of interstate thrown in and terrain flat as a pancake. Computer said 25 mpg. Wishing I could average that on the daily but I live in a tourist town that can routinely take 45 min to go 9 miles. Drops substantially riding 1st-2nd gear the whole time.
I'm currently playing around with different grades of fuel, I don't drive very aggressively and when I'm on the highway I usually set cruise control to 65 mph. It's interesting to watch the miles per gallon go down as I drive on the highway running 2,200 RPMs. I would think it would be gaining mileage when I'm driving down the flat Highway.

I'm averaging 17.87 miles per gallon mixed Highway and country back roads, lots of hills. Probably 60% Highway this last tank.

2.3 manual. 2200 miles.

I put midgrade in this time and it seems to be doing a little bit better on the highway, I'm actually gaining a little bit as I go down the road as far as miles per gallon on the dash.

I'll also be curious to see if after first oil change, if the mpg goes up. I'm assuming there's some kind of thicker breaking oil that could be a factor, but I'm just guessing.

Robe81

Black Diamond
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco (Area 51, Black Diamond, M7)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I'm currently playing around with different grades of fuel, I don't drive very aggressively and when I'm on the highway I usually set cruise control to 65 mph. It's interesting to watch the miles per gallon go down as I drive on the highway running 2,200 RPMs. I would think it would be gaining mileage when I'm driving down the flat Highway.

I'm averaging 17.87 miles per gallon mixed Highway and country back roads, lots of hills. Probably 60% Highway this last tank.

2.3 manual. 2200 miles.

I put midgrade in this time and it seems to be doing a little bit better on the highway, I'm actually gaining a little bit as I go down the road as far as miles per gallon on the dash.

I'll also be curious to see if after first oil change, if the mpg goes up. I'm assuming there's some kind of thicker breaking oil that could be a factor, but I'm just guessing.
I've been debating using ethanol free fuel. I live near the water and they sell it at most gas stations. 89 Octane type. Not horribly more expensive but it would be hard to do a true test here with the traffic pattern.

Sponsored

Broncodave

Black Diamond
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Challenger/Nissan Xterra
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I have about 760 miles on my Bronco with 2.7L. I have been getting 15.1 MPG.
Similar numbers here in my 2.7 basesquatch at 14.7 mpg 900 miles in on 93 octane. I've done some highway driving (this always improves things) but mostly city. Not sure if the city driving is killing the average that others are seeing, but no idea how these guys are around 20 mpg.

Me too. Sucky gas mileage on my Black Diamond 2.7 with the steelies. I should be getting better than the Sasquatch guys. I'm doing city driving, but I swear it was getting 18 or 19 for first 500 miles or so. Why would it get worse? I'm even resorting to ECO mode, but it doesn't seem to help much.

(On the plus side, this engine goes like gangbusters, and I haven't even put my foot to the floor yet! (y))

tourproto

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 BMW e46
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
1000 miles so far, only using 87 octane, and am getting 17mpg in a BL non-SAS 4dr manual.

Been as low as 16.5 and as high as 17.2 according to the trip computer. Don't get above 70mph and ratio has been 65% city and 35% highway.

Tteape0

Outer Banks
First Name
T
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Outer Banks 4 Dr
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
2.7L, 4 door, no Sasquatch, 2000 miles. Averaging about 22.1 mpg with about a 60/40 mix of highway/city. I am using 87 gas too and usually going 75-85 mph on highway here in Texas.

Mr. Nice

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jayson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12' Boss302, 08' Audi TT, 13' CRV, 14" Ridgeline
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I have a big bend(2.7) with 35x12.5's wrapped around some black rhino chambers. this wheel/tire combo weighs roughly the same as the wheels on sasquatch models per my research. I'm getting around 17mpg on the screen(haven't adjusted for tire size up from my stockers yet). I live in Tennessee so we got a decent amount of hills/etc. judging based strickly off the tire circumference being 9 percent more I am probably getting 18.5-ish mpg so. I know it's not quite that simple but I'll be revisiting this once I get my laptop outside to adjust tire size with forscan. overall I'm happy with these numbers. i have a 2015 f150 with 2.7 and 35's and I'm lucky to get 15mpg with it.
Heavier larger diameter tires have way more effects on efficiency than lighter wheels.

“Lightening the tire or wheel some distance out from the hub reduces stored energy. This is especially true if the weight reduction is far out from the center. If we change the weight one-pound fourteen inches out, it is like changing weight four-pounds seven inches out. Which brings up an important point we almost never hear mentioned, a lower weight part might not be lighter at the outside edge. It might be lighter in the center, where the weight reduction doesn't mean much.”

PrincipalD

Outer Banks
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Expedition, Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

OBX, Non-Sas, upgraded gearing to 4.27, with a 2.3L. I just rolled over the 500 mile mark and that puts me at 50% highway and 50% city. I have kept the fuel at 87 octane and have averaged 20.1 MPG to this point. I am a putter, so I have been in Eco and Normal mode. The top has also been flipped back most of the time as that may also impact the mileage…

Yesterday, I topped the tank with 88 octane. Here in Iowa, our ethanol blends are cheaper. It’s was $0.20 per gallon less. Figured I would try that and see what impact it may have.
Sponsored