Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lotus Elise
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I
I've had this problem in my Sentra too. I actually take the buckle and slot it into the opening in the pillar where the seat belt comes out. Helps keep the flapping to a minimum and secures the buckle so it doesn't slap around. Not sure if that's possible on the Bronco or not.
I had this problem in a D90 and used roll cage padding to hold the belts to the pillar. Then wrap the padding with a velco strap.

Edit: havenā€™t seen the Bronco so not sure if this is possible.

Ford Bronco 2021 Bronco vs 4Runner Pics / Extended MPG in real-world / O.A.S images

Zero_chance

Badlands
First Name
JD
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.southvalleymustang.com
Vehicle(s)
17 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Some (@604Bronco ) were asking about size comparisons. I parked next to a 4Runner SR5 today--it had TRD wheels but not sure if it was or not. Here are some comparison shots--it's exactly the same size as the Bronco on stock 32's:

Ford Bronco 2021 Bronco vs 4Runner Pics / Extended MPG in real-world / O.A.S images

Also, I've driven nearly 500 miles so far, and I'm averaging 21 MPG in my 2.7. I've travelled Interstate @ 75mph, highways @ 60, and stop-and-go traffic. I use cruise almost exclusively on hwy/interstate, and the top is the position you see above, meaning more drag.

On a related note, the cruise is fantastic. It holds even downhilll, and doesn't drift up 5+ mph like other vehicles. Rarely have I seen the tach go over 2000 rpm, a tribute to the torque of the 2.7.

Extended observations:
1. The lack of rear vents is a real issue. The kids were tired of the wind so I closed the top/windows and turned on the AC. They were hot in 90-degree weather.

2. The rear seatbelts really flap in the wind. Even buckled with no occupants they flop and shake. I may end up using velcro straps the stop the issue.

3. If you remove the doors, make sure you tighten the upper bolt tightly when putting them back on. I was afraid of overtightening and they walked out. You can tell because the doors pop when you open them.
Just goes to show you that Toyota can still make a rock solidly boring truck.

Ksjrb03

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Does anyone know how the cargo space compares to a 4 runner? That chart and photos are eye opening, I thought it was a good bit shorter length wise than a four runner but appears to be essentially the same size in the photos and the specs. I feel like the bronco doesn't have the rear cargo space of a four runner when I did a demo tour, but maybe I'm just misremembering.

The bronco width gets dismissed alot around here in Wrangler comparisons, but it will be wide for alot of narrow trails.

I drive a power wagon and wish the bronco was bigger so no complaints from me, but there are definitely going to be times when a jeep squeezes through no problem and a bronco gets body damage.

The better on-road performance and ride comfort is worth the tradeoff, imo, but the jeep wins the narrow trail contest no doubt.
The chart is very misleading. The Bronco specs include the rear tire hanging off the ass and almost a foot of fender flares. The 4 runner is longer and wider than Bronco.

Sponsored

Ksjrb03

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Extended observations:
1. The lack of rear vents is a real issue. The kids were tired of the wind so I closed the top/windows and turned on the AC. They were hot in 90-degree weather.

I still don't know why they didn't put a center stack vents in the Bronco...my 99 Explorer Sport had them. Do they just assume folks will have the windows/tops off in most weather and only use heat during the winter and the heat will rise?

The Bronco Sport has them (see below). This just seems like a weird oversight and there has to be a good reason for it.
The answer is very simple, itā€™s a lazy carryover from Broncos ugly sister, Ranger. I found them worthless for cooling, floor vents are really only good for heat.

Southern Girl

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1974 Bronco/2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm hot in the front seat with my ac vents blasting on my face in 90 degree weather. Maybe it's hot with a soft top?

RBF 1401

Base
First Name
Tricia
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
98 Avalon, 95 Dakota
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Most likely the floor vents are tied to the floor discharge in the front. So you'd only get air if you put it on bi-level, low, or defrost/low.
Oo... That would be worth trying. Couldn't hurt.

I live in a rediculously hot place and once in a while I put the A/C on max and flip the switches to bi-level to let my feet get a little cool air.

Try it and let us know if cool air comes out those rear vents.šŸ„°

604Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The answer is very simple, itā€™s a lazy carryover from Broncos ugly sister, Ranger. I found them worthless for cooling, floor vents are really only good for heat.
Watch outā€¦ @Rick Astley is going to report you to the Admin and have you ban for that comment.

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Ferrari F355, 11 Ford F-150, 21 OBX 2D
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
1. Lack of rear vents an issue.

2. The rear seatbelts really flap in the wind. Even buckled with no occupants they flop and shake. I may end up using velcro straps the stop the issue.
Regarding #1: In Okinawa, it was very popular to use vent tubes to cool things in the back on older vehicles.

Regarding #2: Probably wouldn't have the problem if you purchased a 2 door, as god intended the Bronco to be built. ;)

Sponsored

Bdockins

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1990 F150
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Are you hand calculating your MPG of using the onboard computer?
This šŸ‘†my buddies that say their MPG, have never, ever, not once, actually calculated it. Iā€™m sure OP is on the real real though

LSBronco13

Wildtrak
First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Tahoe
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Some (@604Bronco ) were asking about size comparisons. I parked next to a 4Runner SR5 today--it had TRD wheels but not sure if it was or not. Here are some comparison shots--it's exactly the same size as the Bronco on stock 32's:

Also, I've driven nearly 500 miles so far, and I'm averaging 21 MPG in my 2.7. I've travelled Interstate @ 75mph, highways @ 60, and stop-and-go traffic. I use cruise almost exclusively on hwy/interstate, and the top is the position you see above, meaning more drag.

On a related note, the cruise is fantastic. It holds even downhilll, and doesn't drift up 5+ mph like other vehicles. Rarely have I seen the tach go over 2000 rpm, a tribute to the torque of the 2.7.

Extended observations:

3. If you remove the doors, make sure you tighten the upper bolt tightly when putting them back on. I was afraid of overtightening and they walked out. You can tell because the doors pop when you open them.
I expect more heat to have to dissipate because of the black canvas top. With a MIC insulated top heat should be reduced to a more comfortable level. Others who have received their broncos posted with the MIC insulated tops quoted good cabin cooling throughout.

Rick Astley

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
d
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Watch outā€¦ @Rick Astley is going to report you to the Admin and have you ban for that comment.
HA!
Only the fancy new kids have their fancy 2nd row floor heating/cooling to complain about.

Better than nothing, but not by much :)

The good ol' days had adults in the front row sweating their arses off, and kids in the back freezing to death under a blanket.

It is always interesting to hear of people's distain for Ranger. As if not being designed for the Amurikun truck-nuts society was somehow its greatest failing. It's a late 90's to early 2000's F150 with modern drive characteristics and comfort. Not many people complain those generations of F150 were worthless, just that they drove poorly and the interiors were excellent for swap meets. Fix those problems and somehow you get a Ranger that Americans can't wrap their head around.

Spartan

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
So that explains it. That's a very stupid design decision.
Sponsored