Morganstein

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
No Sasquatch, but Badlands w/ 3.5" lift and 37's. 2.3 MT averaging close to 19. Mostly city.

johndeerefarmer

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 F150, '20 F350 Powerstroke
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

You better keep the Goodyears as they are about the lightest tire out there which is why Ford picked them.
How fast were you driving on the highway?
BTW 15mph isn't much wind. Here in TX it blows like that all of the time now get out in west Texas and try some 30-35 mph stuff!!

Sponsored

BC overlanding

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Whys is the mileage so bad on the Broncos- especially Sasquatch? I know it's a brick in the wind, etc, etc. It seems Wranglers are getting better MPG? (Other than 4xe, which is altogether different being a hybrid). Is it the drive train, engine efficiency, etc?

My 97 Wrangler gets around 17-18 and I am running 31" tires on it without proper gearing. I always thought it was just the gas guzzling six, brick in the wind and it's also a 25 year old vehicle/technology. I thought the 2.3 or 2.7 would be more of a modern, efficient engine?

My Sas with 2.7 is schedule to be built week of Jan. 17 and with my long work commute and weekend driving and with gas at a predicted 4.00 a gallon it's going to cost me at least $385/month. Sadly I might not be able to keep it- my income ratio has steadily dropped since the 70's- when I was able to afford driving 70's Broncos around......

I really wanted the Bronco for retirement........
Not sure how you are saying 17 MPG on 35's is bad 17 MPG is amazing on 35's For reference Tacoma on 35's re geared get 12

Tech Tim

Base
Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JKU
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

The wife is consistently getting 18.5 to 19 mpg with her bone-stock Base-Squatch with the 2.7 V-6. Last week she drove extra grandma-ish and pulled 20 mpg.

However, on Saturday we got it out on the Interstate and did a 400 mile round trip at 70-80 mph and we ended up dropping down to 17 mpg average.

We check it both with the lie-o-meter on the dash and with the data from the gas receipts. Surprisingly, the dash average mileage has been very accurate to the hard data.

JT58Bronc

Base
First Name
JT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco, 2021 Miata track Edition
Your Bronco Model
Base
Not sure how you are saying 17 MPG on 35's is bad 17 MPG is amazing on 35's For reference Tacoma on 35's re geared get 12
So maybe 17 on 35's is not so bad given all that tire resistance although even the Broncos on the smallest tires gets only about 20 MPG.

Gas was never a problem for me on my 1970 Bronco with a 302, 3 speed, Holley 4 barrel, headers and 32" tires. I drove that thing everywhere, was in College and worked only part time. Gas mileage did not even exist, not even talked about. Gas was so cheap in comparison back then and was a very small portion of my income. Not the same anymore. Geez those were the good ole days.......

Sponsored

daddycreswell

Wildtrak
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Raptor, 1973 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

450 miles in, 10 miles commute to and from work 5 days a week. 7 red lights between my house and work average speed is 45-50. I am getting 16.7 mpg.

BC overlanding

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
So maybe 17 on 35's is not so bad given all that tire resistance although even the Broncos on the smallest tires gets only about 20 MPG.

Gas was never a problem for me on my 1970 Bronco with a 302, 3 speed, Holley 4 barrel, headers and 32" tires. I drove that thing everywhere, was in College and worked only part time. Gas mileage did not even exist, not even talked about. Gas was so cheap in comparison back then and was a very small portion of my income. Not the same anymore. Geez those were the good ole days.......
Keep in mind the SAS is geared differently also Its made for going off road
20 MPG on 33's isn't that bad either wife's 13 Pilot get 20mpg on a good day. My 17 Tacoma on 32's gets 18mpg all are bricks driving down the road.
I hear yea on the gas. O how I wish for the days of 55 cent gas again Yes I an OLD

DentonDreamMaker

Raptor
First Name
Claire
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer, Jeep Wrangler, 21 Bronco Outerbanks
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

I cant wait till my factory shocks wear out, as soon as they do Icon coilovers, new control arms and 37's and happy to get shit MPG😬
Oh Yes!! Definitely going to new coilovers in the future, would like King or BDS but nothing out in 6" yet. So ill wait patiently.
Sponsored