First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco OB 2-Door V6 Sasquatch AMB High Pack
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
This is exactly opposite of the local detailers, including the guys that do the high end paint correction and ceramic have told me
Those guys told me $1k for a 4-step process.

I spent $500 total at Chemical Guys and Harbor Freight, and basically started my own shop doing an 11-stage process that’s superior in every way.

They’re making money, good for them.

6 months out of the year it is not possible to hand wash a vehicle here, touchless washes are the only way to safely clean your vehicle.
I lived in Ithaca for 3 years so I get it, but LA doesn’t offer that complication. I think you’re right, we’re just different animals.

I used them exclusively with all my other vehicles and have zero issues.
Keep doing it then, just don’t put a flashlight on your paint. You’ll end up in a crazy rabbit hole that never ends

The worst is watching a hockey mom in a brand new Escalade use the tire brush on her paint...talk about cringe.
Ugh it hurts my soul to watch this happen to dark paint.
Sponsored

AKBronc49

Outer Banks
First Name
Russ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
11 F150,02 Excursion,06 Chrysler 300C,21 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Keep doing it then, just don’t put a flashlight on your paint. You’ll end up in a crazy rabbit hole that never ends
I buff them myself once a year in spring, it's Alaska to hope to keep flawless paint is just not possible with the amount of gravel and road contamination the paint will see. But you can keep them looking pretty damn good with a little maintenance.