Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So, is the next lesson Ferrari or Grandchild? It’s my understanding they cost roughly the same…
😁😄😆
Sponsored

BroncoAgain

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
"14 Wrangler JKUR, Ram 2500 6.7 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I am sorry and I Apologize. But my only son passed last year from brain cancer and I still go a little nuts at times. I was a perfect son, sponsored downhill mountain bike racer and worked with me at SCE for many of my last years there. He passed at 36 with no children. My wife left me in '98. I wish we all had kids to buy a Bronco for.

blsbikes2

Big Bend
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Fellow bronco’ers! My son and I just got back from PA. We had a great (and easy experience) picking it up from Chapman Ford. We drove back his 4 Door OBX 2.3 hardtop 670 miles to Knoxville. Averaged 21.7 MPG.

Since I’ve had my 4 door BL 2.7 softtop since July, I’ve got a pretty good feel for the truck as well as the driving dynamics.

I was expecting a lot of hardtop noise; squeaks and rattles based on reading B6G posts. I was sorely disappointed…. Not a single rattle, squeak, or pop from his OBX. Ford must have listened and corrected the issues that others were (and maybe still are having). The OBX hardtop was quieter than my soft top (as it should be). In all fairness, my BL has 34” BFG M/Ts which create a fair amount of road noise, especially at interstate speeds. I do notice more noise from the 4 banger under acceleration. Much better than I expected. At least it doesn’t sound like my wife’s previous car (Volvo XC90 with supercharged 4 cylinder). I sold that car because it sounded like my John Deere diesel farm tractor on a cold morning. Not kidding.

In summary, I was very pleased and impressed with the 4 cylinder hardtop. His truck was blended on 10/25. I wanted the soft-top on my BL from the beginning so I don’t regret it. The hardtop is more of a security issue when he is away at college.

BTW, I was surprised by the torque and responsiveness of his 4 cylinder. Way better than I expected. I let him order the truck as he wished (he had to keep the sticker under $50k). Saved enough money at Chapman to upgrade his wheels, tires, pod lights. and bumper. (He is getting my Mod bumper and I’m getting an ARB).

8955BA85-C2AC-4971-95CD-FFDB7793D554 (1).jpeg
Great info and news!! Thanks!! About 1 month to go and my 4 cyl hardtop will be here!

Sponsored

jonesh242

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cherokee Trail-Squak, YT Capra 29er & Decoy Mullet
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Wasn't trying to show off... I was trying to provide some insight (and hopefully a little comfort) to those still waiting on a hard top. The hard top (at least the one I have) is way better than I expected. I'm driving it today, in heavy rain, to check for leaks.... so far, so good... I didn't mean to piss anyone off....

As far as my son goes.... I told him 5 years ago when he started to show some talent and as a carrot to bust his ass on and off the field, "you get a scholarship to college and I'll get you a new truck." It worked. He focused, stayed out of trouble, and worked hard; way harder than a lot of his friends who were sleeping in when he was in the gym. It's a win-win, I save a ton of money on his education and he gets to play the sport he loves (and drive his dream truck).
Well done!...that IS a WIN WIN if I ever heard one.

Mattwings

Badlands
First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

He has worked for years for what he is getting. This is why it is so great. He was given the opportunity to do for himself and he did. As far as I am concerned, he has paid for that Bronco with his hard work and dedication. No different than if he got a job and saved the money.
@soonerbronco
Well said!

jcdrico

Outer Banks
First Name
Juan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 ford explorer
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
This site it's starting to become like episodes of MTV Cribs.

jcdrico

Outer Banks
First Name
Juan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 ford explorer
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
How did you manage to get two. I'm also a day one reservation holder had hard top but changed to soft when they announced my color would be deleted for 22. I finally received a build date after being pushed to a 22.

Sponsored

Mustang_75_99

Badlands
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Ford F150, 2005 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I like it! i did the same with my son, deal was you get 30 or higher on ACT, i'll buy you a new mustang. He got 34, free college bout to graduate in mechanical engineering has multiple job offers. still driving the 16 mustang with 34K on it no issues. prolly be giving him my 21 bronco in May when he graduates. It's still OK to do well and be successful!
Love it! My son is 100% a Mustang kid, although he is 9 so I got a few years to see if a 30 on the ACT is in the cards! 😂

shieldsy

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'79 Bronco XLT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Hey OP, what are your thoughts on adoption of old children?

Ksjrb03

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

The squeaks and rattles take time to develop. Don’t worry they are coming.

Vantcrst

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
92 Ford F-150, Mercedes 4x4 Sprinter Van,
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yup. Both reserved first day. Hard top was delayed about 5 times. The wait on the OBX worked out for us because my son’s truck had to be “earned” via college scholarship. He got his first offer a few weeks ago. Everything is screwed up and delayed this year because of NCAA COVID eligibility rules. He still can’t drive it daily until he commits to an offer commensurate with the cost of the truck. I’m trying to create a learning moment. If he doesn’t accept and commit….. the OBX will be sold and he will go back to his 24 y/o Toyota.
Great to hear. When first started reading you post I was thinking what the hell is someone doing buying a kid a $50k truck to go to school. But sounds like he has worked hard and you seem to have a good head on your shoulders regarding teaching him responsibility so congratulations to you both. Not to mention it’s none of my damn business :)

LeBronco

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Expedition Platinum
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Wasn't trying to show off... I was trying to provide some insight (and hopefully a little comfort) to those still waiting on a hard top. The hard top (at least the one I have) is way better than I expected. I'm driving it today, in heavy rain, to check for leaks.... so far, so good... I didn't mean to piss anyone off....

As far as my son goes.... I told him 5 years ago when he started to show some talent and as a carrot to bust his ass on and off the field, "you get a scholarship to college and I'll get you a new truck." It worked. He focused, stayed out of trouble, and worked hard; way harder than a lot of his friends who were sleeping in when he was in the gym. It's a win-win, I save a ton of money on his education and he gets to play the sport he loves (and drive his dream truck).
I have done the exact same thing. pre ordered for my 16 yr old daughter day one. she is 17 now. great kid, works hard, 6 years of travel ball while everyone else is chilling and hanging, scholarship offers, etc. I told her it is hers to lose! keep up the hard work and get rewarded. I found a reservation cancellation to get mine, but we are still waiting on hers. she is driving my "old" 21 4runner until the big day.
Sponsored