Sponsored

Soft top vs hardtop vs ???

Got board and was wondering what most people were going for, personally I will be probably going for

• Total voters

BoostedBronco

Raptor
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4x4
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Definitely going Hardtop. When I ordered my Rubicon I went with dual top option .After a year of looking at the brand new soft top still in the box, I ended up selling it on ebay. As someone else mentioned. I would probably go with a non removable steel hard top if they offered it. That's my only complaint with the Wrangler, wind noise on the highway.
Jeep offers a hard top version with a power retractable sunroof, pretty cool set up. If I recall it's a $3900 option which I couldn't justify as I wouldn't use it.
images (13).jpeg
If the Ford offered this for the Bronco, I'd go for it. For me, I'll have to wait and see what the features of the Hard Top and Soft Top are.
Sponsored

HoosierDaddy

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68&69 Broncos, 21 AMB Base 2dr, 23 VB BL 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

On my 69, we pulled the hard top in the summer and always run a bikini top. I can't stand being beat on by the sun all day.

If the hard top side panels can be removed while keeping the roof in place, that might be the ticket for me, but that is not a concern that would effect a purchase at all.

2001 escape

First Name
Eddie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Escape XLT
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I’m such an old man....I want a well insulated hardtop. I have tinnitus, and all I need is some ambulance roaring by when I have the top down....or some modified Japanese rice burner going by.

lol....

HankG13

Outer Banks
First Name
Hank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ram 1500, 2017 Subaru WRX, 1990 Mustang LX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I had a soft top on my 98 TJ and a hard top on my 2 door JK. I want a soft top again for the ease of use and how fast you can take it on and off. Those hard tops weigh quite a bit too. I also will be looking for a slant-back aftermarket soft top as well so no need to spen the extra $$$$ on a hard top.

In regards to outside temps, I never had an issue with temp in my 98 with the soft top and I drove it during Wisconsin winters when it was -40°. Just point the vents at you and you're set. Summertime the top is always off and a bikini top is on to eliminate sunburn. I'm kinda excited to be one of the only people rocling a soft top ?

Sponsored

Jba02

First Edition
First Name
Brent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Porsche Cayenne Turbo
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
went with hard top and hope it doesn’t make a lot of noise and can be painted if desired. Already disappointed to hear comments from those who have seen the Bronco Sport and ask “why would you order one of those?” Hoping for the best of Ford but also ordering electric Hummer just in case.

JT58Bronc

Base
First Name
JT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco, 2021 Miata track Edition
Your Bronco Model
Base
I might have considered the soft top if it would have made my delivery sooner, like a year sooner. But considering I also have 2 door, 2.7 and Sasquatch it might have not made any difference anyway, so might as well wait for the hard top and get it the way I want it next year.

bbkat

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Toyota Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Soft top
1. Ease of use (requirement for So Cal)
2. Waiting for the white hardtop (CG 4-dr)
3. Defrost/wiper plumbing not a priority for me on a Bronco
Sponsored