First Name
M
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
This is not true. Maybe in your mind but crime is opportunistic…. Open window,open door etc. Crooks normally are not going to slice your top apart. They can get in just as easily using a glass punch and not making any noise.
The Bronco soft tops are secured by Velcro. My husband was able to put his whole arm in the Bronco at the dealership. I’ve had enough soft top Jeeps to know I wouldn’t want another one. They are noisy, with added noise from the tires, you were shouting just to have a conversation.
Sponsored

Blaine23

Big Bend
First Name
Blaine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JKU
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Soft tops wear out. The weather will take its toll in just a couple years. It’s prone to damage when Off Roading. I plan on driving it till the wheels fall off so my investment will last longer with the hard top.
My 2010 Wrangler's soft top is still going strong with zero repairs, despite a lot of weather and a lot of trails. They're tougher than you think. If you take care of them, they last.

mig1980

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Corvette Z06
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I know there has been a lot of discussion about this but I would like the opinion of owners that either have both tops or have one and have driven in a Bronco with the other.

What is the noise level like in a soft top vs a hard top?

MnLakeBum

Outer Banks
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘18 Range Rover Diesel
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I first wanted dual top figuring winter here in Chicago. When the hard tops went to crap and held up production, I opted for the soft only. Sooooooooo happy! Lots of softtops winter here, lol, and the convenience of dropping it as you want? I see hard tops now and wonder, what is wrong with you?
This is exactly what happened to me living in Minneapolis where we have a cold snap of sub zero low temps arriving Saturday. I got impatient December of ‘21 with constrained items and placed an order from the same dealer for a 2nd Bronco minus the Sasquatch, MIC, tow and magically it was delivered only 123 days later. 17,000 miles later, I love the soft top summer or winter.

I now have my original 7/20/20 reservation arriving in a few days with all the sins including MIC/LUX/Sasquatch/2.7/HD Modular, etc. I’ll be selling the hardtop for $$$$ and putting a MyTop power soft top on it as soon as those start shipping. My daughter will buy the ‘22 Bronco as she loves it. The ‘23 has been sitting at a rail yard 25 miles from my dealer for 6 days. It will be getting Katzkin mahogany leather and those trim rings will get powder coated to match the bumper.

Ford Bronco Hardtop vs Soft Top FBCA6C96-5004-4910-9896-D25BF5378C70
Ford Bronco Hardtop vs Soft Top 88AACE1F-9F8B-4ED6-89AB-A5B2AECC127D

Last edited:

Sponsored

Southern Girl

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1974 Bronco/2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I like my hard top in the middle of summer when it's 100+ and 200% humidity, we also might have a few weeks where it is somewhat cold for us SE Texas natives.
It doesn't get hotter in a soft top, I can assure you as a Floridian where it is most definitely more hot and more humid :ROFLMAO: (sorry TX). I was surprised at how the soft top does not radiate heat like the surface of the sun the way my F150 does. I park in a treeless asphalt lot where it can be 68 degrees outside, but my temperature gauge reads 91 when I leave in the afternoon. It cools right down where my truck does not cool down until I'm basically home.

Area51BS

Badlands
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands non SAS 4dr 2.3
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I prefer soft top. If I had a hard top it would never come off. Wouldn’t t want to deal with it. Both tops have their own issues. My soft top has been in hot and cold weather. No issue their. Dirty dog makes an insulated Bimini type top for extreme cold environments. Stays in place under the soft top. About $300.00. I tried to hold out for a MIC, said forget it and have no regrets.

OuterJersey

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda, Toyota,VW, Lexus, Triumph, Honda MC
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I opted for a hard top and was going to install the Best top flip back for a 4 door. Love the concept but not the price and execution. My top is gray but they make it in black only. Looks odd. Maybe a slant back top eventually but I need to live with the hard panels fo awhile to see what it’s like.

BroncoA512021

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Should we rename this thread to "Do I want my Bronco this year or never?"?
Or has the Bronco creating the most whiny population ever.

OuterJersey

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda, Toyota,VW, Lexus, Triumph, Honda MC
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Or has the Bronco creating the most whiny population ever.
Kinda true but $ vs quality is important to me personally. I work hard for my money and want it spent wisely. Poor customer response and quality will doom any company eventually. Ford should be all over these sites gathering feedback for development.
My wife’s Lexus was 60k…worth every penny…not so sure of American vehicles but I hope they get there eventually.

Sponsored

LarryBirdsFace

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I freely admit to wanting the look of the hard top, but being able to throw the soft top all the way back and put it back up in like 5 mins or less has become WILDLY convenient. I live in Maine and it's cold and snowy and I've had zero problems with it. I'll take the trade off of the uglier look for the sheer convenience of having the soft top, and add that I've had no problems with it in the cold, without batting an eye.

lemonslush

Wildtrak
First Name
JJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
bronco, plaid S, xc90, rivian, element
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I can see a logical argument for both tops. Had a soft top for a day and really loved how easy it was to make it go up and down again. Kinda loud on highway which was no worse than a soft top wrangler. If my bronco was a spare care (4th car) then I would go hardtop if I could find it, sell it to make money and get a soft top :) . Or just get a soft if its all other options worked out for me. My current use case after testing the bronco out is it is going to replace one of our family cars (volvo xc90) for that reason that it will be driven all around in all weather and mostly my little kids will be in the back we needed the hardtop. I never liked driving soft tops on the highway always had a odd fear of something banging into the car and hitting us. Illogical...totally. but thats how my brain works. Had a NC miata for a while and I hated driving it on the highway always felt like I had no protection from the things around me top up or down. for long road trips also I will take a quieter car whenever possible. Although some ambient noise is great to drown out my kids ipads. I am honestly thinking about buying two broncos, ( i have two currently on order being build end of feb) both hard hardtops. Sell the hardtop off the badlands, find a used soft top from a takeoff for cheap as possible. I see them for 1-1200 on occasion. Then sell that hardtop and sell the car with a sof top hoping to breakeven. Now that I type it out its a lot of work to make a few grand...so never mind!

MNBigfoot

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Base
It doesn't get hotter in a soft top, I can assure you as a Floridian where it is most definitely more hot and more humid :ROFLMAO: (sorry TX). I was surprised at how the soft top does not radiate heat like the surface of the sun the way my F150 does. I park in a treeless asphalt lot where it can be 68 degrees outside, but my temperature gauge reads 91 when I leave in the afternoon. It cools right down where my truck does not cool down until I'm basically home.
Places like Orlando havn't seen 103 degrees in over 100 years. As for yearly extreme highs, Florida is one of the colder states in the US. -Cliff Clavin
Sponsored