First Name
Antoni
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda, VW
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
My wife got a job at our State University when the kids were in high school. Both kids get free college tuition. She gets to drive the Bronco! :)
Sponsored

AZ_BRONC

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜17 4Runner, ā€˜16 BMW 328i, ā€˜96 Stang GT, ā€˜19 Mini
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Yup. Both reserved first day. Hard top was delayed about 5 times. The wait on the OBX worked out for us because my sonā€™s truck had to be ā€œearnedā€ via college scholarship. He got his first offer a few weeks ago. Everything is screwed up and delayed this year because of NCAA COVID eligibility rules. He still canā€™t drive it daily until he commits to an offer commensurate with the cost of the truck. Iā€™m trying to create a learning moment. If he doesnā€™t accept and commitā€¦.. the OBX will be sold and he will go back to his 24 y/o Toyota.
Awesome. My dad actually incentivized me with help on a used Mustang while I was in high school, so long as I met the grades. Bribery works!

My deal with all three of my kids was I would match whatever they earned in merit scholarships, up to tuition, room and board. My son got offers for baseball and daughter volleyball, but it had to be merit (academic). Son got the top merit scholarship at a top 50 Div 1 school and graduates early in a week, starting a $70k job in January, plus they are paying for his Masters. Daughter topped him with a full ride top 50 Div 1 school. Both will be graduating no debt, and since my daughter is barely costing us any match money we told her weā€™d get her a car sophomore year. Maybe sheā€™ll fall in love with my Bronco, she picked the color! Lol

My youngest, a freshman in high school, just beat both on the freshman practice PSAT. Heā€™s been able to see the value of hard work and rewards that come with it. If I go three for three on these kids I feel like the most blessed guy on the planet.

Enjoy the Broncos!

pfd799

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kia Sportage :(, Mazda CX-9
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yup. Both reserved first day. Hard top was delayed about 5 times. The wait on the OBX worked out for us because my sonā€™s truck had to be ā€œearnedā€ via college scholarship. He got his first offer a few weeks ago. Everything is screwed up and delayed this year because of NCAA COVID eligibility rules. He still canā€™t drive it daily until he commits to an offer commensurate with the cost of the truck. Iā€™m trying to create a learning moment. If he doesnā€™t accept and commitā€¦.. the OBX will be sold and he will go back to his 24 y/o Toyota.
Work hard play hard, love to see it! A mantra which has served me quite well so far.

Oldirtybastirred

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F 150 King Ranch 6ā€ lift
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Wasn't trying to show off... I was trying to provide some insight (and hopefully a little comfort) to those still waiting on a hard top. The hard top (at least the one I have) is way better than I expected. I'm driving it today, in heavy rain, to check for leaks.... so far, so good... I didn't mean to piss anyone off....

As far as my son goes.... I told him 5 years ago when he started to show some talent and as a carrot to bust his ass on and off the field, "you get a scholarship to college and I'll get you a new truck." It worked. He focused, stayed out of trouble, and worked hard; way harder than a lot of his friends who were sleeping in when he was in the gym. It's a win-win, I save a ton of money on his education and he gets to play the sport he loves (and drive his dream truck).
[/QUOTE

Excellent goal setting. I will probably use this same plan. If my son gets a full ride, I mat offset the costs savings with a new ride for him, depending on how responsible he is with his first vehicle (he is 15). I would never give mine anything that nice for not achieving anything, but getting a D1 scholarship takes an enormous amount of work and sacrifiice as you know!
what school is he looking at if you don't mind sharing?

martinjv71

Outer Banks
First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Where is the point of the answer to any of this thread? Who cares if he bought his kid a car.
Sponsored