Sponsored

Soft top vs hardtop vs ???

Got board and was wondering what most people were going for, personally I will be probably going for

• Total voters

rmc523

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Ford Flex; 2018 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I'm thinking hard top. I just don't like the look of the soft top Jeeps. But we'll see. I'd like to see some sound deadening included in the hard top too.
Sponsored

CSSM

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 XV Crosstrek
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I live in Seattle. Top on much of the year.

JS82

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Hard top. Hopefully it's an option to have it painted to match the body.

Rogues Gambit

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Ram Rebel, '07 A4 Quattro
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

If prefer a fixed non removable steel roof. I just see leak issues 10-20 years down the road...
Always Aftermarket

Sponsored

HickoryHouse

Badlands
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Kia Optima Turbo... Can it last till the Bronco comes out?!?!
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I have been wondering about these questions. I prefer the soft top because I have always loved a rag top convertible! However I don't really like the way that the soft tops look on the gladiator or JL as they kinda bunch up on the topof the vehicle like a Model-T. I would love to see what Ford comes up with knowing that the current Jeep soft tops aren't very popular.

I also love that notchback look that you can get on the JL's and JK's, in fact that is the only way to have a 4-door version of those IMO though I don't know if the roll bars are goign to allow that look here...

My Bronco will be a cloth top, Manual, 4-door with the big motor.... if they make it that way of course. If not, a manual with a hard top will be ok... but no auto for me.

Deleted member 2346

Even in 7 pieces, I doubt the entire hardtop will store in the vehicle as some have mentioned wanting above. The rear sections are just too large like the part holding the rear glass. Just sayin.

Rogues Gambit

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Ram Rebel, '07 A4 Quattro
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

If the soft top doesn't leak and the hard top doesn't rattle, they're already a step ahead of jeep

MaverickMan

Black Diamond
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 bronco sport 91 comanche eliminator 93 v8 zj
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
As someone who has bought alot of used jeeps. The rule of thumb is find one with a hardtop and get a aftermarket soft top for it aka your summer top. You cant buy a new hardtop for any year jeep for less than $1500 usually more. Get the pricey original one and buy a ragtop later once the aftermarket perfects it and gets the colors you want.

Sponsored

Twomstone

Badlands
First Name
Connor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 VW Golf 5MT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Since I live in Northwestern Ontario where there's snow on the ground November through April, the Hardtop is a must. I'm looking at a 2DR FWIW. However, depending how easy it is to remove and store the roof I may get a soft top as well. I just hate the rolled back look of the JL and especially the Gladiator.

Ideally for summers I'd just remove the rear window and side portions completely and left in the garage, and have the top portion either on or in the back of the vehicle if it rains. If it's too cumbersome for the Hardtop sections I'd just get a bikini top for summers.

BAUS67

Base
First Name
redneck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
88 5.0 LX, 08 F-150 Stepside, 22 Expl Timberline
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I could easily see that being available for the Bronco with the roof system we have seen so far.

If it's factory or aftermarket, remains to be seen.

vintage

First Edition
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JLU Rubicon, 4Runner Trd Pro, Indian Chieftain, Indian Springfield
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Definitely going Hardtop. When I ordered my Rubicon I went with dual top option .After a year of looking at the brand new soft top still in the box, I ended up selling it on ebay. As someone else mentioned. I would probably go with a non removable steel hard top if they offered it. That's my only complaint with the Wrangler, wind noise on the highway.
Jeep offers a hard top version with a power retractable sunroof, pretty cool set up. If I recall it's a $3900 option which I couldn't justify as I wouldn't use it.
images (13).jpeg

Last edited:

DrewBronc21

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Subaru STi, 2018 Camry Hybrid
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
like almost everyone else, I voted hard top. The sound of a soft top at highway speeds would drive me insane quickly. If the Bronco gets modular hard top with removable panels, that would be ideal. I rented a Wrangler in Miami and drove down to Key West and the modular top was great, so easy to take the sections on and off.
Sponsored