Sponsored

OWNERS, how about some REAL World REVIEW with some miles?

rgalvinmi

Base
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco 2 Door, 2022 Ford Maverick Hybrid
Your Bronco Model
Base
Waiting patiently for my 4 door squatch base...should be here any week now....
How about some REVIEWS from owners with a few miles...? Noise? Comfort? likes/dislikes? (MPG would be bonus, I have read the thread)

THANKS! Bob
Sponsored

kodiakisland

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12 Tacoma, 18 Indian, 23 GV70
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Lots of reviews already here to read in your spare time.

Ig_bronco

Black Diamond
First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 JKU
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Waiting patiently for my 4 door squatch base...should be here any week now....
How about some REVIEWS from owners with a few miles...? Noise? Comfort? likes/dislikes? (MPG would be bonus, I have read the thread)

THANKS! Bob
I'll answer you here! I do not have a squatch nor a base model. Although I do have 2 kids and a wife. My prior vehicle was a 14 Wrangler sport. Being said.. Look at the sig for the bronco model.

Miles: 669, Its my daily driver. Some backroads, and 20 minutes on the highway. everyday to work.

I am 5'8, wife 5'4, kid 1 is 11 yrs old and the last is 2 years. We all can sit in the bronco comfy. Its wider than the jeep. they say like fractions of an inch or something but it feels a lot bigger. especially my field of view,

Im a fan of the ride its smooth the steering is great way better than any vehicle ive driven. I have the marine grade interior and that feels quality well put together. most of the other likes are what makes the vehicle different to everything else. I like how when you have a goat mode on, it remembers that mode when you drive it and asks if you want to pick up where u left off (includes heating and cooling) the driver hud is not bad. I dont like the analog Mph gauge followed by the digital seems silly to me but you can customize your modes to what you want up, or calm it then there is an off road mode which shows pitch and roll, tire pressure, and boost you can pull these up individually or have a simple view that displays all of them. I did notice, in normal mode (GOAT) my boost was more responsive (1-2.5 boost frequently) then when i went to eco the turbos felt delayed or cut way way back which was kinda cool. Start stop, the tech ahs come a long way now and personally I dont mind it one bit. Now...

What im not a fan of: the windows.. I dont like them. No one talks about it, but you roll them down a quarter of the way and hit a bump you are left with an annoying slapping sound from the windows smacking the weather stripping. The soft top isnt well make along the seams at the top. After a rain shower you roll it down you get a small shower it has something to do with the water channel. Not a deal breaker at all Tailgate is a lil rough around the edges for sure. You have to force open and push it a little. I wish i had opted for the BL with the high package for the added perks( camera, screen etc) The speakers are not bad, i had the top back and the windows out/down and i was able to hear music highway speeds at vol 17, important note the bass is dog shit any rock, rap with heavy bass the speakers bog down they cant handle it. Plenty of upgrade advice here on the forum. Lane assist. its always off until you turn it on. but forward collision wont work unless its on, id rather be warned when someone pulls out in front of me as opposed to veering off the lane. Which you can customize the alert it give, (small beep, large beep or small vibration, large vibration which you can have both go off also)

Lastly, MPG!!! JKU i was around 16/16.5 on this guy im sitting at 17.3 currently. It should go up hopefully to 18 soon. I have a drive to michigan next month and i'll really be able to tell.

4x4TruckLEDs.com

Outer Banks
Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.4x4TruckLEDs.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 Raptor & 2021 Bronco Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

So here is my review on the Outer Banks 4 Door with Soft Top.

It's a fun vehicle.

So I drive a Raptor as my daily driver (well for the last few weeks the Bronco has been my daily).

CONS
-Auto Window Up gets stuck when I do all 4 windows at once (2 works fine)
-I scratched my rear pillar with the soft top the first time I opened it (they should have added padding from the factory but now I know how to avoid scratching it)
-The door bolts tend to loosen up and I'm constantly re-tightening them (at least on the Drivers door which I use most)
-There is a longer delay then my Raptor when I step on the brake and press the start button. It's not as quick and I find I have to hold the brake down longer after I press the start button
-The rear windows don't properly. They have a weird wave to them (I know it's a soft but it's not smooth)
-The Satelite radio antenna gets blocked 2-3x as much when you open the soft top (because now it's going through extra layers of material)
-No way to disable engine auto start/stop (which is a FORD issue, they should give you an option to disable it without going into sport mode, but this is across all Fords with auto start/stop)
-Not as smooth a ride as other vehicles (granted I do drive a Raptor as a daily, and I get it's an off-road vehicle but the small tires on the OB are not that desireable)
-Sometimes the hood sensor doesn't think the hood is closed, when it is.

PROS
-It's neat!
-The accessory bolt locations are great. I love they put those in there
-Better gas mileage then my Raptor
-It's smaller then my pickup so I fit into parking spaces better
-The storage is great, lots of room
-Pretty comfortable to be able to rest my arm on the window and steer
-HUGE screen (but this is across all Fords with the big Sync4 screens)
-Cameras are great quality on the vehicle
-You can take the doors off/roof down
-You can throw the roof down partially without much effort at all
-It's a fun vehicle to run around it
-Great when I went on the beach so far
-People love it, always getting asked about it
-Did I say it's neat??

So despite a few shortcomings I do love this thing. It's the first year of it's re-release so there are going to be quirks to it. But as long as they are small things it's worth it for what this vehicle is/does. It's not your luxury SUV it's your off-road SUV that lets you modify it to your hearts content.

Ford Bronco OWNERS, how about some REAL World REVIEW with some miles? Bronco 2 (Small)
Sponsored