Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, BMW R1150 GS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

jalopnik review straight up says their not sure if on road manners are as good in the bronco compared to jeep….
The admin nicks review he said it drives great. I’m assuming he has experience with the wrangler because he said it doesn’t sway and goes where you point it. With IFS it has to drive better than a wrangler. If it doesn’t Ford seriously fucked up.
Yeah, as a former Jeep engineer, David Tracy at Jalopnik is completely unbiased. :rolleyes:

Ford Bronco 2021 Bronco Reviews Embargo Has Lifted! [Compilation Thread] 🚨 David Tracy Jalopnik 2
Ford Bronco 2021 Bronco Reviews Embargo Has Lifted! [Compilation Thread] 🚨 David Tracy Jalopnik
Sponsored

Last edited:

Monster1926

First Edition
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Sierra 2500HD
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
this is pretty standard practice. I promise you Ford did not need to approve any of these opinions or reviews. They invite all members of the press and influencers online to review the bronco at the same time and then they embargo the reviews so everyone can post a review at the exact same time so there’s no concern about giving anyone an exclusive.

when you start seeing exclusive reviews is when you should be worried. Because more often than not a manufacturer will only grant an exclusive to somebody that’s going to praise the product unconditionally.
I realize it now. It would get some journalists unfair advantages if they hurry and dropped their review before everyone else. I’m just being critical because they’re all pretty much saying the exact same thing and leaving out the 0-60. Ya ya it’s an off road vehicle. 95% of people are going to daily this and having passing/merging power is a deal breaker for me.

*T2*

Wildtrak
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ford F-150 XLT SuperCrew
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Best ones to start with? In particular 2dr reviews?
This blurb from Car and Driver tickled my fancy as a 2 door res holder.........

"There's obvious homage to the original Bronco of the mid-1960s, yet the new truck doesn't come off at all retro. We do think that the visual wallop of the two-door is somewhat dulled by the four-door's additional 15.7 inches of wheelbase and overall length. And this rig just doesn't look right unless it's wearing one of the more aggressive tire packages."

gentlemanbronco

Base
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford fiesta 5.0
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Yeah, as a former Jeep engineer, David Tracy at Jalopnik is completely unbiased. :rolleyes:

View attachment 134251
I’d rather the bronco be reviewed by a former jeep engineer than a bronco collector. He could’ve easily nitpicked more harshly but didn’t.

Monster1926

First Edition
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Sierra 2500HD
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Ipads aren't made to withstand the heat. I can't find it at the moment but I read a great article about all the issues Tesla had with their screens because Elon Musk opted to go with some type of industrial screen as opposed to a screen made specifically for automotive use
I remember hearing about that also. It’s on my short list for concerns. Won’t really find out until there is more on the road. I do recommend the Bimini top. Sitting in traffic with the top off at 90 degrees is terrible.

Reactions: Jdc

Sponsored

De Brus

First Edition
First Name
De Brus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'14 HD 1200, '66 IH, '62 VW
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

I remember hearing about that also. It’s on my short list for concerns. Won’t really find out until there is more on the road. I do recommend the Bimini top. Sitting in traffic with the top off at 90 degrees is terrible.
The mesh or canvas Bimini? I want to order the canvas but it's not available yet, I can only find the mesh right now and it looks kinda cheesy.

Bronco21fan

Black Diamond
First Name
Angelo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 bronco black diamond 2 door Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Looks like all the reviews are great so damn hyped now if I can get a build date

JTBros

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GR Corolla
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Just waiting for Doug Demuro’s review to upload..
I believe he mentioned he was on vacation for this and a few other vehicle launches. If you look on his insta he has been on the East coast for a bit.

Spooled

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Sponsored

Monster1926

First Edition
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Sierra 2500HD
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
The mesh or canvas Bimini? I want to order the canvas but it's not available yet, I can only find the mesh right now and it looks kinda cheesy.
Id go for the full size mesh one. It will let some of the sun in but it won’t be as bad like a pergola. I wouldn’t put a full canvas one on it. Kinda pointless in removing the top.

GotGOAT

Wildtrak
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Ram
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak

Ford Bronco 2021 Bronco Reviews Embargo Has Lifted! [Compilation Thread] 🚨 David Tracy Jalopnik
Did you read the review?
He gave the Bronco some really good press. When a former Jeep engineer talking about off road says “The Bronco limits are serious!”
He also does a nice job discussing the 7 speed.
Not everyone is going to think the Bronco is the greatest automotive design of all time. I actually think his review is one of the best available right now.

BD1

Badlands
First Name
BD1
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Did you read the review?
He gave the Bronco some really good press. When a former Jeep engineer talking about off road says “The Bronco limits are serious!”
He also does a nice job discussing the 7 speed.
Not everyone is going to think the Bronco is the greatest automotive design of all time. I actually think his review is one of the best available right now.
Agree. I haven't read/skimmed them all yet but this is a good place to start. Really good analysis.

De Brus

First Edition
First Name
De Brus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'14 HD 1200, '66 IH, '62 VW
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Id go for the full size mesh one. It will let some of the sun in but it won’t be as bad like a pergola. I wouldn’t put a full canvas one on it. Kinda pointless in removing the top.
Ordered. Thanks for the insight

vrtical

Raptor
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

The admin nicks review he said it drives great. I’m assuming he has experience with the wrangler because he said it doesn’t sway and goes where you point it. With IFS it has to drive better than a wrangler. If it doesn’t Ford seriously fucked up.
yup there have been plenty of passenger experiences on here including my self from riding in the sasquatch version with the IFS, its just as nice as an F150. These reviews will just cement it.
Sponsored