First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
No one is questioning the capability of Defender. I was in the Defender camp until about 3 months ago. However, that thing is a monocoque with full Independent air suspension, which means it will break right when you need it to work.

Other issue is that Defender is too expensive and is too much of a departure from the utilitarianism that made Defender a legend to begin with. It doesn't look rugged because it isn't, it's just a typical Land Rover, so nothing to see here.

For North America, you also can't fit anything above 33" on a Defender. This isn't an issue for world travelers because you don't overland in big tires (can't replace big tires in Africa or Australia, or anywhere really). Not fitting 35-37" tires is a non-starter here in North America. The old Defender fits them and wears them well. Sorry, no go.

Thus, here with the Bronco. I am not alone.
Yeah, not debating it, just saying the press was effusive with praise. Journos are careful of what they say, especially if they don't have a Motor Trend-level of credibility. I know at least one online reviewer who previously got invited to press events like this who's been effectively blackballed simply for giving honest reviews that weren't 100% positive.
Sponsored

rkj__

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sierra, Countryman, RZR
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Wow, I have lots to catch up on here.

PrevCYBRTRKrez

Badlands
First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 4dr Badlands, 2020 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Anybody else notice in the motor1 video that the "Badlands" 2 door doesn't have the advertised grille? The one in the video is my favorite. I hope it is offered on the Badlands.

wvmtneer

Banned
First Edition
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

If we thought the hype was high, it'll really be fever pitch now. Although none of these videos are true "bang it off some rocks and ruts", what they do communicate is that Bronco feels and rides good.

Can also tell that Bronco doesn't rattle like the cheap feel that you can sometimes get with a Wrangler, even though I personally don't share this criticism and think the Wrangler feels just fine for what it is.
It rattled like a mofo.

rjkmoto

Black Diamond
First Name
JK
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Dodge Challenger Hemi 392 Scatpack Shaker, 2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Yall. Trucks do not have hand operated parking brakes. Itll be foot operated.
You don't need to use the parking brake start on a hill. Find your bite point and use it.
My Gladiator Has a hand operated parking brake. ?

JK

Sponsored

Villageidit

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ram 1500 Big Horn 4X4 Crew Cab
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Videos provided good insight to how the bronco handles off road trails at speed but Iā€™m really disappointed. No journalist could drive the rigs, kinda left it open as a teaser more than a real review for EVERYONE involved. But I appreciate the eye candy!? ?

Am I the only one disappointed there wasnā€™t much of any technical terrain (slow crawling, multiple obstacles) for at least 3 minutes of the 10 min ride? Iā€™m coming from a perspective on fighting Jeep with off road prowress in moderate rock crawling (nothing crazy.)

I live in Southern California and bombing down fire roads is just not safe with two way traffic. Heading 2 hours to San Diego or Baja and hitting whoops at speed also isnā€™t in my cards, but I digress.
If you've never tried it, head out 371 to Anza. Then drop down Coyote Canyon. You used to be able to go all the way to Borrego Springs. Nice run and some challenging areas. It's been 25 years since I've done it so they might have closed it off.

5280Bronco

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
02 Mustang GT, 05 Volvo V70R, 17 Mazda 6
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

rjkmoto

Black Diamond
First Name
JK
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Dodge Challenger Hemi 392 Scatpack Shaker, 2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Wait... the bronco did? Or the wrangler?
The Bronco - the video host (not journalist) evens SAID it rattled - but to ignore it because, preproduction. ??

JK

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

You don't need to use the parking brake start on a hill. Find your bite point and use it.
I mean, itā€™s hand operated near your left foot... so like, best of both worlds?

Ford Bronco 2021 Bronco First Ride Media Reviews Compilation (Articles/Videos)! D38277FD-8D9D-44F9-B2A9-B303FA6F83F9

Geekytrails

Badlands
First Name
Evan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Acura TL Type S
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Anybody else notice in the motor1 video that the "Badlands" 2 door doesn't have the advertised grille? The one in the video is my favorite. I hope it is offered on the Badlands.
In another video it was mentioned that the grills can be swapped. So you may be able to get the one you want on the Badlands

Sponsored

Ajfetterman

Badlands
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Colorado ZR2, 1991 Jeep Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I have to keep reminding myself that the Sasquatch does not come with the manual trans. Which btw, is complete BS. I need a 2.7 standard shift with Sasquatch in my life.

MadMan4BamaNATL

Badlands
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco 2DR Badlands Sasquatch, 2021 RR Sport
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

It rattled like a mofo.
Saw in one video that a guy said it was due to being pre-production. I've seen other videos where the rattle wasn't too bad; who knows?

Thing is, i don't care about the rattle too much and expect it when the doors are barely held onto the thing; will just crank up the B&O a little more .

Lcubed

Badlands
First Name
l
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW golf r, 2023 ManBadSquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

my venerable land rover discovery definitely used a handbrake.
it was great in tricky places when balancing the clutch, throttle
and the brake to keep from rolling back at the wrong time.

Lcubed

Badlands
First Name
l
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW golf r, 2023 ManBadSquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Love the first ride videos, but a little underwhelmed by the analysts they chose. They need to get TFL involved for their style of coverage. Huge miss by Ford here.
TFL would do 50 click-bait videos with 1 second of new content like 'bronco comes from factory with 4 (no, 5 wheels)' and 'bronco will be released with nitrogen in tires (by third party)' or 'bronco available with V8 (by third party)

MadMan4BamaNATL

Badlands
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco 2DR Badlands Sasquatch, 2021 RR Sport
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

TFL would do 50 click-bait videos with 1 second of new content like 'bronco comes from factory with 4 (no, 5 wheels)' and 'bronco will be released with nitrogen in tires (by third party)' or 'bronco available with V8 (by third party)
Agree with you here. Tommy and his Dad are ok, but they're more driven by getting out quick videos and numerous videos rather than true substance and analysis. I think they know their stuff to an extent, but it's basically what me and my buddies discuss and debate when we talk cars.

Plus, TFL were banned by Ford on Bronco's roll out, so they won't have anything juicy. Something about releasing a picture too quickly. See, case in point....
Sponsored