Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco 2DR Badlands Sasquatch, 2021 RR Sport
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I highly encourage everyone who hasn't driven a Wrangler to drive one to not only have a comparison benchmark, but to set their expectations of what class of vehicle they are buying into.
Agree fully. Gotta understand that the shake, rattle, and roll are all part of the fun.

Removable roof panels and removable doors will add wind noise, feel a bit loose in comparison to other vehicles, and the off road spec tires are loud as hell on pavement. All reasons why off road vehicles feel much more at home "off road!"
Sponsored

LSU Jonno

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Man, I'm only 4 articles in on the list from the OP, but they are all so positive...I've never followed a vehicle release like this before. Is this pretty common on new vehicles?

Man I'm so pumped for this rig to come out!

Metal_Horses

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1971 Bronco, 1969 Mustang, 85 SVO, Mach-e
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So is this the one-off 2" lift and 37's? Or is this a Sasquatch?

Edit: Now I see another video where he said it's the 2.3t/7m, so they're 33's lol. WOW that looks great.

Edit Edit: Now actually I don't know. The video I watched might have been talking about the black 2-door...
Ford Bronco 2021 Bronco First Ride Media Reviews Compilation (Articles/Videos)! 1597773811245

Last edited:

Tory Brecht

Wildtrak
First Name
Tory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 BMW M4
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I'm really hoping where these were shot at will be a Bronco Offroad School. my family has a vacation house about 4 hours from there.

I doubt there will be anything "closer" to me here in St. Louis.
I live in the Quad Cities (upriver from your and across from Chicago on the Mississippi) and also hope they have a Midwest location! Road trip to Michigan and hitting some breweries and doing some fishing would be an amazing road trip!

Sponsored

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Edit: Now I see another video where he said it's the 2.3t/7m, so they're 33's lol. WOW that looks great.

Edit Edit: Now actually I don't know. The video I watched might have been talking about the black 2-door...
1597773811245.png
Yeah... you can see the extension piece on the rear bumper that seems to be added to close the gap on the wider fender flairs that come with the squatch package needed to clear the 315 (35") tires.

MrJoe

Black Diamond
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'73 Bronco (sold), '99 Ram, '08 Explorer, '16 CMax
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Ford Bronco 2021 Bronco First Ride Media Reviews Compilation (Articles/Videos)! Screenshot (2028)
That has the 2" lift and 37's...

5280Bronco

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
02 Mustang GT, 05 Volvo V70R, 17 Mazda 6
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

One of the videos said the Badlands comes with the front trail cam(s) standard? I had not heard this before. Considering the Badlands they were driving has the smaller display (not high package), this is interesting but needs to be confirmed.
I think they were referencing the sport with that statement? Maybe it was the regular bronco though.

indio22

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'72 Rover, '85 CJ7, '98 TJ, '14 BRZ, '23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Agree fully. Gotta understand that the shake, rattle, and roll are all part of the fun.

Removable roof panels and removable doors will add wind noise, feel a bit loose in comparison to other vehicles, and the off road spec tires are loud as hell on pavement. All reasons why off road vehicles feel much more at home "off road!"
There will be quite a few complaints over noise, leaks and ride qualities. Mostly from people dropping near 50k on a truck ... and finding out they bought a truck with removable top having more than usual road noise and leaks. Basically "navy pier" level complaining but on steroids, lol.

I won't care because I'll be too busy having fun driving with top down off-road to hear noise or worry about leaks. Similar thing occurs with the Wrangler among subset of owners.

BumbleBeeTuna

Base
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Toyota Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Base
There are numerous videos on this forum and others with the Broncos on more than moderate rock crawling in Moab and the Rubicon.
You got me there sir, As I saw most of them, obsessively to say the least.

just thought they’d do a more in depth review of that same type of stuff with the journalist who were invited at an Official Ford event vs. some random videos and pictures from an overland company :unsure::cautious:

I’ll just have to wait impatiently. :p

Sponsored

cal jammer

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Focus ST
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I live in the Quad Cities (upriver from your and across from Chicago on the Mississippi) and also hope they have a Midwest location! Road trip to Michigan and hitting some breweries and doing some fishing would be an amazing road trip!
I'm very familiar with the area, my parents and sister went to Augustana and a few years ago dated a girl that lives there. I'll never learn long distance doesn't work lol

MadMan4BamaNATL

Badlands
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Man, I'm only 4 articles in on the list from the OP, but they are all so positive...I've never followed a vehicle release like this before. Is this pretty common on new vehicles?

No, this is not exactly normal for a new vehicle. For the JL, sure, but that's a Wrangler, so it was a big deal.

All new vehicles have some sort of generated hype machine around them, but often it feels forced and feedback is generally critical and brings things back down to earth quickly. Usually there are no reservations either. Think when a new Hyundai is released.

This Bronco release is even bigger than that of the new Defender, but without all of the initial negativity.

This is the most important and biggest vehicle release in the last 20+ years.

BuckeyeinNV

Black Diamond
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond

Yes, being too negative can get you uninvited to stuff like this. I think everyone is also understanding that these are pre-production so any problems are forgivable right now. The "real" reviews start when journalists are comparing them side by side to the Wrangler or whatever. That won't be for a very long time though. Maybe not until actual deliveries start.

BuckeyeinNV

Black Diamond
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
No, this is not exactly normal for a new vehicle. For the JL, sure, but that's a Wrangler, so it was a big deal.

All new vehicles have some sort of generated hype machine around them, but often it feels forced and feedback is generally critical and brings things back down to earth quickly. Usually there are no reservations either. Think when a new Hyundai is released.

This Bronco release is even bigger than that of the new Defender, but without all of the initial negativity.

This is the most important and biggest vehicle release in the last 20+ years.
Negativity about the Defender was almost exclusively from the public and internet reviewers who weren't involved in any of this type of stuff. Journalists who were actually getting hands-on access to the Defender were all positive.

MadMan4BamaNATL

Badlands
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Negativity about the Defender was almost exclusively from the public and internet reviewers who weren't involved in any of this type of stuff. Journalists who were actually getting hands-on access to the Defender were all positive.
No one is questioning the capability of Defender. I was in the Defender camp until about 3 months ago. However, that thing is a monocoque with full Independent air suspension, which means it will break right when you need it to work.

Other issue is that Defender is too expensive and is too much of a departure from the utilitarianism that made Defender a legend to begin with. It doesn't look rugged because it isn't, it's just a typical Land Rover, so nothing to see here.

For North America, you also can't fit anything above 33" on a Defender. This isn't an issue for world travelers because you don't overland in big tires (can't replace big tires in Africa or Australia, or anywhere really). Not fitting 35-37" tires is a non-starter here in North America. The old Defender fits them and wears them well. Sorry, no go.

Thus, here with the Bronco. I am not alone.
Sponsored